Andy350

WOMBAT L1 Dedication 8/919

Started the day early as did Bad Badger who was an hour early to unload as well. With a couple pulling out and the equivalent in late entrants we ended up with 9 riders which included some virgin dirtriderz members.

There was some mixed thoughts regarding weather forecasts with all fingers crossed but maybe we should have crossed our toes as well.

With meets and greats done we headed off on some flowing greasy fire trails and tighter stuff littered with puddles to small swimming pools all were navigated well and in some cases floaties were nearly required.

I have to say that with a couple of detours due to blocked tracks and rain conditions thrown in the mix and even when asked do you want me to ride it up the reply was no im gonna have a crack.

About 3/4 into the ride the rain was not stopping so made the decision to head back to shelter where we quickly loaded changed and fired up the BBQ which was the only warm device while an arctic storm blew over.

All in all todays ride could be graded a L2 and thanks so much to all experienced riders for coming along to help especially the Badger for sweep duties.

Well done everyone

• Like 11

Thanks Andy, badger and crew. Was a great day, hope to catch up again for another ride soon

• Like 4

Thanks Andy for organising the ride and fellas that helped out. Sausage sizzle and beer hit the spot after a day of riding. 

See you guys out on the track! 

• Like 4

I think I am thawed out enough to reply to this now. It did get a little uncomfortable later in the ride, which was a shame. The morning was remarkably good. Better than the day before.

Thanks to Andy for putting this on, leading the ride, and the BBQ. Thanks Dale for providing the bread and Badger for the sweep duties and beers. Everyone had a go at everything today. There were a few challenges provided by the conditions. That shiny red clay is treacherous when Wombat is wet. 

I do need to report that there are probably only a couple of extra Badger holes in the tracks from today. I heard that Yamaha on the limiter climbing (trenching?) up one hill. On the whole a much more restrained Badger today. Well done sir!

• Like 6

Top ride today. Thanks to Andy and Ian for leading us around and Badger for coming up the rear.

Top effort to the newbies, at one point one of you guys wanted to pull the pin but dug deep and got through it. Well done.

The old Yamaha certainly woke up the natives....gold.

I reckon we'll see Badger on a orange bike before we know it. Andy had a hint of jealously when Badger mounted the 350.  

• Like 5

Top ride today. Thanks to Andy and Ian for leading us around and Badger for coming up the rear.
Top effort to the newbies, at one point one of you guys wanted to pull the pin but dug deep and got through it. Well done.
The old Yamaha certainly woke up the natives....gold.
I reckon we'll see Badger on a orange bike before we know it. Andy had a hint of jealously when Badger mounted the 350.  

He was definitely a KTM rider in a past life.
  • Like 1

Thanks for posting the ride Andy it was a lot of fun until the weather gods cracked the shits,it was good to meet the new riders and you all went awesome in the conditions and it was good to catch up with some people I haven’t seen for a long time.Of course I can’t forget to thank Badger for doing a great job at sweep...didn’t have to worry about the dust buddy an see....all you need to get up that last play hill was more revs (on top of the 20,000 you already had).Have fun whoever is going to the Strathbogie ranges and I’ll catch you up soon somewhere.

• Like 2

Further to some pre ride questions on what you need to bring on a ride heres some suggestions guys.

Tool kit/bum bag
https://www.mxstore.com.au/p/Ballards-Complete-Bumbag-With-Tools/29-EMXTOOL

Or flight vest as your saw@IanM wearing
https://www.mxstore.com.au/p/Ogio-MX-Flight-Stealth-Vest/OG10802436
@JD5 youll need some jumper leads for your injected 350 or any injected bike,i have these.
https://www.mxstore.com.au/p/Ballards-Mini-Jumper-Cables/4WD-JL

21inch tube
Spare gear/front brake/clutch levers
Basic first aid kit
Rain jacket
Spark plug
Inline fuel filter for injected bikes
Bag of lollies

Awesome riding guys

• Like 3

Further to some pre ride questions on what you need to bring on a ride heres some suggestions guys.

Tool kit/bum bag
https://www.mxstore.com.au/p/Ballards-Complete-Bumbag-With-Tools/29-EMXTOOL

Or flight vest as your saw[mention=1346]IanM[/mention] wearing
https://www.mxstore.com.au/p/Ogio-MX-Flight-Stealth-Vest/OG10802436
[mention=4980]JD5[/mention] youll need some jumper leads for your injected 350 or any injected bike,i have these.
https://www.mxstore.com.au/p/Ballards-Mini-Jumper-Cables/4WD-JL

21inch tube
Spare gear/front brake/clutch levers
Basic first aid kit
Rain jacket
Spark plug
Inline fuel filter for injected bikes
Bag of lollies

Awesome riding guys

I like the way you roll Andy
  • Like 1

Cheers Mick,i had no idea what to carry when I started riding

Same mate , I had no idea aswell, bought a yz450 for my first bike and carried nothing , I learnt very quick when I was nearly dying of thirst and drinking out of the creek.
  • Like 1

Same mate , I had no idea aswell, bought a yz450 for my first bike and carried nothing , I learnt very quick when I was nearly dying of thirst and drinking out of the creek.

I know that feeling.
  • Like 1

I know that feeling.

My old so called mates got me into riding with only one intention which was to take me too the deepest steepest gullies and hill climbs on my Drz400 and watch me front and back flip cartwheel for there entertainment. They no longer ride and I’m still going. Not the best way to learn but Im the one laughing now. Not at others but the fact they didnt have the cohones to keep plugging away. Too common a story

• Like 8

My old so called mates got me into riding with only one intention which was to take me too the deepest steepest gullies and hill climbs on my Drz400 and watch me front and back flip cartwheel for there entertainment. They no longer ride and I’m still going. Not the best way to learn but Im the one laughing now. Not at others but the fact they didnt have the cohones to keep plugging away. Too common a story

2 hours ago, Andy350 said:

I know that feeling.

Been there mate and without riders like yourself for guidance and support I'd be still riding around forest car parks hhmm

• Like 1

Thanks to all for a great ride day especially Andy and Badger. Sorry I didn't get a chance to stay for the BBQ or goodbyes as I had a concert to get to in Thornbury via Oakleigh & Brunny (made it right on time). Will definitely have to do some maintenance and pick up some spare bits for future rides.

Have a couple vids from that bloody hill... 

• Like 5

I was driving from Ballarat to home and went by Greendale... I was thinking you guys would be soaked..sounds like not to bad though..lucky! ...on the freeway it was just constant drizzle the whole day.

Good one putting on a L1 ride Andy and a new clutch for badger again it seems