dazzrmx

Kangaroo Whipsticks Bears ass

1st session for the day saw a relaxed pace in greasy conditions, a reasonable size log step up and a hill climb session which was all optional with most having a crack. 

2nd session was fast paced, Bear lead us on pretty much continual tight stuff with all cracking the throttle which made for the best fun I have had at Whipsticks (didnt think I could have so much fun at Whipsticks) 

Good crew and well prepared bikes. Thanks Bear for leading and Badger (bad not required this time) for sweeping the majority of the day.

Oh, came around a corner earlier in the day to see Bear down, forks twisted and piece missing of bike, "apparently" a roo was hiding behind a tree just hoping a bear would come past to attack, the roo got its wish and knocked Bear clean off his bike. Hope your not too sore today mate.

Hold it flat !

• Like 13
  • Sad 1

Was also my first ride with Dirtriderz and needless to say many more to come! 

Was nice and slick through a few sections with logs and a few optional climbs to test your skills a little, roo's to jump out at you and even a couple enduro loops to take a wrong turn on lol oops. 

Was a great mixture of cruisey and fast pace tighter stuff with the 300 singing in 3rd and even 4th through some sections following badger. I had never ridden out that way so it was awesome to ride a new place with new faces. Really good crew of guys and girls! 

Thanks again Bear for leading, Badger for sweeping and showing me the ropes and everyone who attended. Awesome day out =)

• Like 11

Thanks to those that attended the ride, was good to be back on the bike.

bit stiff & sore today after hip & shouldering a roo at 30-40kph.

looking forward to riding there again with a few more challenges thrown in and keeping the pace up.

• Like 13

Thanks guys, I’m also another newbie to Dirtriderz and this type of dirt riding. Bear lead us on an awesome ride, it was a great day, Kangaroo jumping out and launching him off the bike was only a short distraction - he impressed me with getting back on the bike and powering on. Appreciate ‘good’ badger’s swift sweeping skills and Dazza looking out for everyone too. Thanks to everyone who helped out also. A really good encouraging group! The take away for me was hours on the bike will make me a better rider. Looking forward to the next one!

• Like 9

There’s been no introduction or level 1 rides so I thought “whatever, I’ll suck up a level 2 ride”. See how it goes. Suss the people out.  I’m glad I did. 

We set out on time from “BP now Mobil”. I got a free cap I don’t need for $6.97 of fuel. Bargain!

Whipsticks . A slightly greasy spaghetti trail with pleasant variation.

The breaks were more frequent and longer than I thought. I took them happily..  I had no idea of ride length, time, complexity ...and I was faking being awake.  

The pace .. no idea.  Not pressured to pick up pace by the sweep. Bravo! My aim of the day was not to crash horribly, I did throw myself down a hill, oops. 

Shout out to those that  gave log hopping advice.  The roll over a log and stall and spin. Never thought of that! The beaming smiles were wonderful. All riders were great to have around.  A top morning. 

• Like 9