mpayton

Sherco 4t Reliability?

Hey all,

I sold my KX250f last week due to wanting a more bush-friendly bike, and now the hunt is on! I’m still doing the 2t vs 4t toss up, but a clean 300 sef-r has come up for sale. I have never ridden one or even really considered it until now, so thought I’d turn to the Dirtriderz forum for some general advice/info. It’s a 2015 model with only 54 hours on the clock, looks relatively clean! I only weigh around 70kg’s without gear, and really enjoyed the 250f powerplant. No kickstarter worries me a bit.. but I haven’t really seen any complaints about it. How do they stack up reliability wise compared with the KTM/Husky 350’s and other Euro enduro bikes? Anything to look out for etc?

Cheers

Mitch

Hi Mitch, I have a Sherco 300 sef-r for sale in the sell dirt bike stuff section of this forum. Love the bike, I've only had the chance to put 30 hours on it but i have had no issues with reliability in that time (90hrs total). Have a look when you get a chance. Sherco do ride days regularly so I would recommend enquiring about having a ride on a demo. The 300 4t I've found a joy to ride, it's light and has just the right amount of power that you can ride it all day and won't wear you out. It's a great all rounder.
Wes

G'day mate, i have a 2015 sef 6 day, it' started playing up @ 120hrs, after checking a lot of things i had it down to a KNOWN fault that seems to happen around the 120hr mark, voltage regulator. They cost about $180 & now it's going great, i'm in Gippsland so if you want a ride to see what you think just message me.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wes said:

Hi Mitch, I have a Sherco 300 sef-r for sale in the sell dirt bike stuff section of this forum. Love the bike, I've only had the chance to put 30 hours on it but i have had no issues with reliability in that time (90hrs total). Have a look when you get a chance. Sherco do ride days regularly so I would recommend enquiring about having a ride on a demo. The 300 4t I've found a joy to ride, it's light and has just the right amount of power that you can ride it all day and won't wear you out. It's a great all rounder.
Wes

Thanks Wes! Looks like a great bike. A little out of my price range at the moment, but I'll let you know if anything changed. Appreciate the info :D

• Like 1

6 hours ago, eagle said:

G'day mate, i have a 2015 sef 6 day, it' started playing up @ 120hrs, after checking a lot of things i had it down to a KNOWN fault that seems to happen around the 120hr mark, voltage regulator. They cost about $180 & now it's going great, i'm in Gippsland so if you want a ride to see what you think just message me.

Cheers for the info mate. I did see a few mentions of the voltage regulator.. 

I’ve got a 2015 300 SEF-R Factory model with just over 150 hours on it, and haven’t had any issues. It’s an awesome bike.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BIGGIE said:

I had a 16 Sherco for 100 hours, never missed a beat, awesome bike!

It was the same as mine a 6 day 2015 ;)

I rode Geoffro's Sherco 300 4T and it was awesome. Didn't want to flame out at all no matter how low I tried to lug it in the rev range and I hit heaps of obstacles going up, down and across the hills on the property of StarGlen Lodge. A great machine

i had my heart set on a sherco 300 f

and would always be on my list for next bike  only thing that tipped me was resale 

Ktm - husqvarna will always been quick easier to sell .

doesnt mean they are better bikes though.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the info guys!! After much deliberation I decided to go the 2 stroke route. I knew I’d regret it if I didn’t! Picked up a very clean 2015 TE250 from Mike who I believe is actually a member on here - cheers mate if you see this!

9C1F725A-7EB7-41F2-8EBE-A9BBE615AE0D.jpeg

• Like 3