kbuxx

FABulous Dissa

Well Dissa is a bit of a favorite for me as it is the closest to home. I do it a lot and know my way around. Thought I would get no surprises today but was pleasantly surprised (may be it should be called Mt pleasant).

Fab's ride today bought a smile to my dial in so many ways. Lots of nice tracks and plenty of hills. Really beginning to gel with the new stead and finding it a pleasure to muster around the tight stuff and up the hills. A couple of minor mishaps today, one loss of front brakes (followed by loss of rear!). Good job by the way getting through that trail with no front brakes:o. One flat tyre that was quickly fixed with cable ties (hope there is a pic of that!)

Must pay a big thanks to Fab for the lead around my home stomping ground, to the three sweeps and to the crew for being an awesome gang to hang out with for the day.

Good to see some new faces (4 in fact) and catch up with the familiar faces.

Till next time, love you long time.

Cheer n beers,

Brian.

• Like 17

Awesome day! Creeks, tight trails and hills along with a capable crew that moved along nicely. What more could you ask for! :)

2 highlights of the day

No1: Vic police pursuit car following us into the carpark to do reg and bike checks.... Literally as we were pulling up for the meet and great:ph34r:

No2. Swamp Hill. What a hill and what an effort from the blokes that powdered up it. Good on ya's:applauso-01:

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Gypsy501 said:

Kbuxx finally congratulations on the new bike - what is it ?

2011 ktm 300 exc and loving it ..... A bit of a learning curve after riding a 450 for 8 years but starting to really gell with it.

• Like 6

2011 ktm 300 exc and loving it ..... A bit of a learning curve after riding a 450 for 8 years but starting to really gell with it.

Well done mate , that model comes out with a 11 or 12 litre tank - you won’t have any problems getting over 50ks of fuel with this bike
  • Like 2

Great ride Fab!

My local forest and Fab put a great mix of tracks together.  On some of the rocky hill climbs grip was a rare commodity at times so those running low pressures had the advantage. 

The creek run was fun and the Hamburger's  always put a smile on  my face.

Thanks everyone for coming out  to Dissa and sharing your day!

• Like 12

Throughly enjoyed the ride yesterday Fab.

A great combination of bike deep ruts, gnarly hill climbs, creek bed action, slush pits and off square wet fallen logs conspiring to throw riders from their bikes.

My first ride at Dissa in over a decade. I will definitely be back.

Nice pace and flow lead by Fab and swept by Riles, Cujo and Bubalu until around midday when I bailed out.

• Like 10

Thanks all for coming along yesterday. A great group of riders ensured we made good time through all the obstacles. I don't think the sweeps had much work to do except judge the easiest line to take. 

Tracks and hills are getting more and more worn out but thats what you get with time. At least it ups the skill needed to negotiate them all. 

A few bike injuries with a total loss of front brake fluid (first time I had seen a brake line open up) and a flat tyre however both bikes were able to get back to the car easily. 

On a side note, I am loving the 300 in the tight stuff - it gets even easier when the tough stuff comes along. Still need a bit more practice on long rocky uphills as the hamburgers took a bite out of me today. I'm impressed how well kbuxx has adjusted so fast!

Apologies again for being late - I was early then a comedy of errors changed that. First time ever but still one too many. 

• Like 12

Yes, I have to say I quite like Dissa and Fab's loop didn't dissapoint! It was completely different to Dusty's loop which I have thoroughly enjoyedimageproxy.php?img=&key=f784586b93b41319 over the years....... there was some new, some very old and also included all the hills and so many more rocky hills (except 3rd gear), but it may have been just the sequence of tracks as well. There was a bit of drizzle throughout the day and the unbrella came out !

It was nice to hit Swamp hill and get it done in a clean run. Wade did beat me to the top and took the hard line, so well done.

Yes Kbuxx is killing anything and everything that is thrown at him atm. Well done Brian.

imageproxy.php?img=&key=f784586b93b41319Just  a couple of pic's of the flat tyre trail side fix.imageproxy.php?img=&key=f784586b93b41319imageproxy.php?img=&key=f784586b93b41319imageproxy.php?img=&key=f784586b93b41319imageproxy.php?img=&key=f784586b93b41319imageproxy.php?img=&key=f784586b93b41319imageproxy.php?img=&key=f784586b93b41319

67842143_2075919276047470_5325138394768998400_n.jpg

• Like 11

Thanks very much Fab. All smiles from me all day. The hills were good and everyone rode well. (Even the two repairs got home). Good ride.

• Like 7

Is that rear tyre the result of running a Starcross 5 with Tubliss or no spare tube or no tools to take the tyre off ?

Nah no tubliss was running a heavy duty tube, and spare tube was back in the car. 

Been due to change it for a while now been pushing it “one more ride” every week about 6 rides ago. 

• Like 2