cobraone

Beta main bearing failure.

Not sure how many have seen the YouTube vids or info on the main bearing failures on betas ,but mine went today about an hour and a half into the ride.it started quite mild but got real bad the 5ks back to the cars.in Monday for a fix under warranty.buggger ,but that's life.hope not to many others have the problem.cheers.

• Sad 6

Have only just seen this on YouTube a couple of days ago Cobraone,yeah looks like a real pain but will be fixed under warranty no worries,at least you got home and didn’t have to leave it in the bush.

• Like 3

Paul, that’s bad luck mate on the bike. Not sure how many hours you have on it but if it were me I’d push for a fresh top end as part of the repair. When the crank/rod start to go it can allow for the piston to rock and move in the bore because it’s no longer centered due to the play from the failed bearings. This accelerates wear. It would be nice to get the bike back from the dealer in better shape than before it went. Just a thought. Good luck!

• Like 3

This recently happened to a friend of mine. Brand new 2019 Xtrainer. 6hours in.... bottom end bearing said bye bye. Dealer sorted the issue out fairly promptly. Lucky my mate wasn't really disheartened as it's pleasure of a bike to ride. Just the week of no riding due to the warranty repair was a pain 

• Like 2

Yeah I just hate missing a weekend of riding but least it's covered.i will question them about your idea frank.only done about 50 hours.

• Like 2

I agree with Frank, may as Well especially with it already being apart. It sucks that some are having failures but at least beta are taking care of their customers instead of giving them the bad luck speech. I've heard some are even repairing them out of warranty? Hopefully it's a quick fix for you mate 

• Like 1

I agree with Frank, may as Well especially with it already being apart. It sucks that some are having failures but at least beta are taking care of their customers instead of giving them the bad luck speech. I've heard some are even repairing them out of warranty? Hopefully it's a quick fix for you mate 

Seeing as it already has 50 hours on it, certainly a good idea to do a top end while its apart.

I was really surprised Husqvarna / ktm came to the party and fixed my tx under warranty when the primary drive let go thanks to a backfire, mid-start. That had 148 hours on it, over 12 months old, and it already been apart several times for internal modifications etc.

Honestly, I was happy with the price of the cases (just shy of $1100) and was prepared to order them on the spot!

I hope your repairs go smoothly mate!
  • Like 1

Damned! Did the dealer say how long the turnaround time is?  

Theres something not adding up with the statement from Beta that the main bearing is an assembly issue.  I guess if they’re fixing it under warranty, then it doesn’t matter.  That’s great to hear. 

Has there been  main bearing failure reported after warranty fixes? 

Hope to get it before the weekend .for the ballarat dealer my bike is number 7 ,not good.feel bad for the dealers not getting full reimbursement for the full hours.

• Like 1