Seza89

2020 husqvarna

2020's 150's are first year tpi and ktm have put a ridiculous price rise on the 2020 150 exc's compared to the 2019 150xcw. They are well overpriced imo.
You would be better off to get a 2019 runout 150xcw with a tested reliable foundation. My daughter has a 19 150xcw and it's a well refined awesome bike. The 19 model is a fair bit better then the 2017/2018 150's.
2019 150's are only rec registible but have all the gear,lights,etc and the 2020 is adr'd so it can be full regoed if this is what you want.
Husky or ktm is a preference and dollar choice, the same as with the bigger bikes. I hate white plastics as they wear and scratch to easily after the 2016 models which were alot better quality.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cluffie said:

2020's 150's are first year tpi and ktm have put a ridiculous price rise on the 2020 150 exc's compared to the 2019 150xcw. They are well overpriced imo.
You would be better off to get a 2019 runout 150xcw with a tested reliable foundation. My daughter has a 19 150xcw and it's a well refined awesome bike. The 19 model is a fair bit better then the 2017/2018 150's.
2019 150's are only rec registible but have all the gear,lights,etc and the 2020 is adr'd so it can be full regoed if this is what you want.
Husky or ktm is a preference and dollar choice, the same as with the bigger bikes. I hate white plastics as they wear and scratch to easily after the 2016 models which were alot better quality.

Thanks for the info was also thinking that also don't like when something new is realist would rather wait a few years incase theres any problems occur. I think I might just get a 2019 Im sure theres some good sales on atm. Have you heard much about the  250fe or ktm not sure if these an enduro range in the 250 as well. are they any good. Still not 100% on a 4 or 2. Just looking for light weight really. Thanks 

I’ve only ridden one 150, it was a 2018 MY and it was great fun. I’m considering one for my partner / or a mountain goat bike for myself.
  • Like 1

Seza,go the 2 stroke as the weight although similar is down low and it doesn't want to fall over on you as much in slippery or tighter type trails. Also the stall resistance is awesome at almost zero on the 2t which means less time on the ground for you.
If you don't go a 19 150xcw i would recommend a 19 or 20 250 tpi. They are awesome, smooth power,easy to ride, sorted out now so reliable,great fuel economy,no fuel mixing and they are reasonably light. A lot better option for you then any 250f.

Murdoch a 150 is underpowered if you ride hilly terrain for an normal sized male imo. Weight and gradient kills them. My kids are 60kgs and they rip with them on them but if you are 80 kg or over forget about it. Flatter flowing tracks are fine.
Ben g on here has one and hauls on it but he is reasonable light rider,runs no extra protection gear (to keep it light as possible) and he is an excellent rider ability wise.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Murdoch said:

I’ve only ridden one 150, it was a 2018 MY and it was great fun. I’m considering one for my partner / or a mountain goat bike for myself.

Same here rode a friends 150 husq think it was a 2018 and loved it just tractors over obstacles great bike  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cluffie said:

Seza,go the 2 stroke as the weight although similar is down low and it doesn't want to fall over on you as much in slippery or tighter type trails. Also the stall resistance is awesome at almost zero on the 2t which means less time on the ground for you.
If you don't go a 19 150xcw i would recommend a 19 or 20 250 tpi. They are awesome, smooth power,easy to ride, sorted out now so reliable,great fuel economy,no fuel mixing and they are reasonably light. A lot better option for you then any 250f.

Murdoch a 150 is underpowered if you ride hilly terrain for an normal sized male imo. Weight and gradient kills them. My kids are 60kgs and they rip with them on them but if you are 80 kg or over forget about it. Flatter flowing tracks are fine.
Ben g on here has one and hauls on it but he is reasonable light rider,runs no extra protection gear (to keep it light as possible) and he is an excellent rider ability wise.

Yeah think I'm gunna stick to the 2019 150 xcw. I weigh around the 65kg hopefully should be fine on hill climbs like you said it struggles abit. Just looked at the dry weight between the 150 n 250 its 11.5 kg difference thats massive will definitely go with the 150 just gotta pin it to climb those hills 

• Like 2

Yeah think I'm gunna stick to the 2019 150 xcw. I weigh around the 65kg hopefully should be fine on hill climbs like you said it struggles abit. Just looked at the dry weight between the 150 n 250 its 11.5 kg difference thats massive will definitely go with the 150 just gotta pin it to climb those hills 
You won't need to pin it up hills as the 150 will be able to lug up hills with you being small and only 65kgs.Pinning is always fun though but not a necessity.
Your riding will rapidly improve on the 150 and i bet it actually surprises your riding buddys and yourself. Also the bike will make riding safer for you with less chance of injury.
If you get a 150 and need any set up tips,advice or help with the bike just pm me.
  • Like 2

i completely agree  with Cluffie’s comments regarding the 150 strength and weakness

As he wrote you being light weight Is key for a good match.  

Its interesting  to see the new prices you posted  I’ve been waiting to see where it would land   

I saw Peter Stevens selling a 19  150xcw for 10500  

i think the 19 husky and ktm are similar geometry   

2020 they both have new geo but the husky has a  lower backend/lower seat. 

I’m interested in the husky  

Picking a new bike is tough.  I’m often 2nd guessing my decision....Any opportunity I get I jump on buddies bikes.....I find it really interesting..(all bikes are awesome)... anyway if trying a 150 would help you’re welcome to demo mine . 

Cheers. 

• Like 3

i completely agree  with Cluffie’s comments regarding the 150 strength and weakness
As he wrote you being light weight Is key for a good match.  
Its interesting  to see the new prices you posted  I’ve been waiting to see where it would land   
I saw Peter Stevens selling a 19  150xcw for 10500  
i think the 19 husky and ktm are similar geometry   
2020 they both have new geo but the husky has a  lower backend/lower seat. 
I’m interested in the husky  
Picking a new bike is tough.  I’m often 2nd guessing my decision....Any opportunity I get I jump on buddies bikes.....I find it really interesting..(all bikes are awesome)... anyway if trying a 150 would help you’re welcome to demo mine . 
Cheers. 

Never thought I would ever ride 2t but the 2018 150 husqvarna is awesome ! Sez you know it is good u rode my mine
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, TooTimid said:

Never thought I would ever ride 2t but the 2018 150 husqvarna is awesome ! Sez you know it is good emoji3.pngemoji3.png u rode my mine emoji106.png

Loved your bike deb if the ktm is that similar might stay with the orange :D so excited just gotta save abit 

• Like 2

Get The 150tpi imo , saving the headache , the time spent, money spent, bothering other people to try and get the Carby running right, tpi is the go.
  • Like 1

Unfortunately The Gypsy is probably right. Unless you’re a guru like Cluffie, Carby’s are a hit and miss pain. 

Ive only found 1 hands-on review of the 150tpi, they do say there is more & smoother low end power.  Could make for a really good combination    

Timid how’d you do with jetting?  did you have the slide mod or swap your carb to a Klein ?

• Like 2

Unfortunately The Gypsy is probably right. Unless you’re a guru like Cluffie, Carby’s are a hit and miss pain. 
Ive only found 1 hands-on review of the 150tpi, they do say there is more & smoother low end power.  Could make for a really good combination    
Timid how’d you do with jetting?  did you have the slide mod or swap your carb to a Klein ?

Didn’t swap carb jetting done by shop seems ok
  • Like 1

To be honest I am probably not experienced enough to comment but I love the bike ! It works for me

• Like 1

So long as it's a keihin, carb tuning isn't that hard....but the longer l ride the tpi...the easier it is to forget:P

• Like 2
  • Haha 1