The new beta look really good and they are making some good improvements. Awesome to see and in the end we all get better bikes whichever brand you end up having in the garage.
I've heard a few whispers,so hopefully the race models will be delivered with either showa or kyb.

• Like 2

KTM/HQV dirtbike prices are so ridiculous it's actually not funny anymore....18K for a 500 dirtbike or a BMW F850GS :triste-01:

Quicker the other manufacturer's adopt some form of injection to their 2T's the better....l'm sure if Beta/Sherco/GasGas had an injected 2T for an RRP of 13-14k it would sway a lot of ppl from buying the Austrian product?

• Like 1

Those prices are nuts, should a dirt bike really be worth as much as a small new car?? I get the technology and all the rest but 16k for a 300 that you STILL will need to spend money  on to protect it for technical riding is painful. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tim.P said:

Those prices are nuts, should a dirt bike really be worth as much as a small new car?? I get the technology and all the rest but 16k for a 300 that you STILL will need to spend money  on to protect it for technical riding is painful. 

Of course they're not really worth it. But, they're not nuts either if people are prepared to pay it.

Could be worse; the bike prices could be super low but the spare parts prices could be super expensive and you no longer have a choice once you've bought the bike. Funnily enough, KTM spare parts are super expensive anyway so I guess it's even worse than it could've been.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To date, all but one of my bikes was worth handing over the hard earned, for all the enjoyment it brings me. I'm sure if I was a surfer. I would have more money in the bank but.

• Like 8

On 7/18/2019 at 6:17 PM, cruiser said:

To date, all but one of my bikes was worth handing over the hard earned, for all the enjoyment it brings me. I'm sure if I was a surfer. I would have more money in the bank but.

Too right; what would life be like without the joy of motorcycles!

I've had the same experience, only one dud in over 30 years (and I still have it and enjoy riding it).

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Too right; what would life be like without the joy of motorcycles!
I've had the same experience, only one dud in over 30 years (and I still have it and enjoy riding it).

I didn’t know you owned a Beta in the last 30 years Bear
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I didn’t know you owned a Beta in the last 30 years Bear

... I wasn’t going to mention the B word...!
  • Like 1

On 7/17/2019 at 1:15 PM, cluffie said:

The new beta look really good and they are making some good improvements. Awesome to see and in the end we all get better bikes whichever brand you end up having in the garage.
I've heard a few whispers,so hopefully the race models will be delivered with either showa or kyb.

I just went to pick up my shock from my suspension guru & he's got a new Beta 200, he's very happy with it & i'm sure he would know how to get the best out of the suspension ! It's a nice looking bike & he said it will lug down low very easily, this could be the perfect bike for a lot of people ?

Pretty sure he runs kyb front and fox rear shock Eagle.
200's are getting good feedback.

I was mainly looking @ the motor, the pot looks a bit bigger than a 125. I remember while looking @ the motor etc i saw the shock reservoir, it had a fox sticker on it.

• Like 1

Looks the goods now do I go back to the dark side? 

Your already in the dark side hopefully you will see the light soon
  • Like 1

Gypsy ....you have to change your Dirtriderz name...The "501" bit isn't showing your true commitment for your love of the TPI 2T :) 

• Like 1

I just went to pick up my shock from my suspension guru & he's got a new Beta 200, he's very happy with it & i'm sure he would know how to get the best out of the suspension ! It's a nice looking bike & he said it will lug down low very easily, this could be the perfect bike for a lot of people ?

Eagle, who is your suspension guru?

Brad Snell Monoshock Suspensions, he's in Mirboo North so that's only 30mins from work for me, he's a top bloke & a pretty good rider, plus he knows his way around WP & i'm sure all the other brands.

Gypsy ....you have to change your Dirtriderz name...The "501" bit isn't showing your true commitment for your love of the TPI 2T  

It’s funny Cujo how only a few years ago I couldn’t ride a 2t longer than 5mins BUT ever since KTM brought in the counter balance in 2017 I love riding them .
  • Like 4

1 of the main reasons why I prefer PDS over linkage-what a pain in the bum just to remove the rear shock.

8cec13388ad962518cd81fce39924dd0.jpg&key=7026bbf7130fcb60272f4a7a08f4ef42b6d62c707a07d0b4d7f09485f1754c37

• Like 1

A lot more room in the airbox as they have moved the 3x little fuse boxes under the seat

60f46ba1c7653f20cdb247f0c34b83b7.jpg&key=2ba6c4d3cf8bb434d4daf03a59094c3287fab5870abeb6bdb41d384bc611edc402c9d5d09e0fc80139fc7e8b46eda56d.jpg&key=8ca3dba7de5bb536c6e31742abfdf64c3b4448b95c5f5b5fde3ef13da807c6af