Gypsy501

ROMANIACS 2019

Just want to wish our mate “Farmer Buzz” all the best as he leaves for Romaniacs in a couple of weeks.

Please get behind our Dirtriderz buddy and send him a message of support along with any other Dirtriderz members going over there.

• Like 21

Good luck for Romaniacs Buzz. Myself and Gypsy have been riding a bit with him lately and he is doing well.  A bit more hard training to go and good luck this weekend at the 'murrumbidgee rumble." I hope you are fitting a new rear tyre for this one mate. :drz(76):

• Like 6

Living the dream!!

Good luck mate - I look forward to following your progress again!

• Like 5

Good luck Buzz  and Sambo .   I haven't  ridden with Buzz this year but ride with Sam occasionally.  He came out to Mt Cole with Kmatt and Marko with me a month or so ago.  He rides very well and was inspirational to watch on the pegs in arduous conditions.  Matt and I even let him ride our bikes up a hill.  ( Only to keep his fitness up... ;) )

Anyway Have a great ride over there boys and fly that Aussie flag High.

• Like 8

21 hours ago, Gypsy501 said:

Just want to wish our mate “Farmer Buzz” all the best as he leaves for Romaniacs in a couple of weeks.

Please get behind our Dirtriderz buddy and send him a message of support along with any other Dirtriderz members going over there.

Thanks mate, I’m going to kill you next time I see you!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I'd also like to wish another ride buddy of mine in CraigBurns all the best at Romaniacs . He is competeing in Bronze and also a DRZ member. Burns knows his way round Avoca pretty good and is living on the sunshine coast these days.

• Like 5

How exciting!!!:sorriso-02:

It's so awesome that your making the journey over there to compete.

Best wishes for the event mate. Can't wait to see and hear all about it. 

#buzzjarvis

• Like 2

17 hours ago, PeteV said:

I'd also like to wish another ride buddy of mine in CraigBurns all the best at Romaniacs . He is competeing in Bronze and also a DRZ member. Burns knows his way round Avoca pretty good and is living on the sunshine coast these days.

I’ll keep an eye out for him Pete.... us Aussies tend to look after each other!!

• Like 6

Good luck Buzz...try and not re-enact your wonderful superman trick on the last day:sorriso-02:

And good luck to Anthony Solar in the gold class...and to all the Aussie competing - l reckon Gypsy should do it one day!!!

• Like 6

Good luck Buzz, hope you smash it over there mate. Looking forward to doing more rides with you guys when you return, last Saturdays was fun!!!!

• Like 4

Best wishes for a ripper ride Buzz!

Would love to join you but the lawns need a mow and the van needs a service...let me know when you're heading back out there...

• Like 4

Well done Buzz and co for giving this a go.

Can I ask you for a summary of what you have done/doing in preparation for this event and over what time period.

Also, The costs/sacrifices you have encountered getting yourself and bike prepped. 

I'm sure you didn't just wake up one morning and decide to book your flight?

Not because I will ever do this event. But to further appreciate the effort behind the scenes that goes into getting ready for an event like this.

• Like 8

11 hours ago, cruiser said:

Well done Buzz and co for giving this a go.

Can I ask you for a summary of what you have done/doing in preparation for this event and over what time period.

Also, The costs/sacrifices you have encountered getting yourself and bike prepped. 

I'm sure you didn't just wake up one morning and decide to book your flight?

Not because I will ever do this event. But to further appreciate the effort behind the scenes that goes into getting ready for an event like this.

I will cruiser but the cost will scare ya!!!! By the time you add up the big ticket items, airfares$3000, race entry and accommodation $ 3000, bike hire and race support$ 5000 and then all the little things you need a budget around $15000. That might scare a few but I promise you will never do anything like it!!!!!!!

Then there’s the cost of training.... poor bike!!

you have to train yourself to ride for 4 days. Think about being stuffed after a ride and what it would take to do it 3 more days.

anyway if anybody wants to know more I’m happy to talk. 

This is a short reply as I’m sitting in a shed drinking a beer at the Murrumbidgee Rumble!!!

• Like 17

Great reply  buzz. I knew it was on the high end. Was thinking about this the other day when Bruce wanted to take us all out again on Sunday for about an hour. No one was up for it.  But if we were in training. The choice is made for you. Would be nothing worse than going over under prepared.

• Like 7