Tripitaka

Cobaw Sloth Safari.

My first lead ride ended up being me and two friends, and my partner (so two dirtriderz.). Everyone better rider than me, the leader. So within 5 minutes my leading plan was ditched as a mate rolled by on his Beta trials bike. Barely a puff. He was gone.   

We did some basic warm up loop around what I call “googly eye rock”, two large rocks on a track, the tail end of Mansfield track, back up to ridge road. 

Bit warmed up we rode to pole track and soil pit track. As a total Gumby I found soil pit track got tough. I actually am not sure we stayed on soil pit... anyway There’s this rocky climb... I didn’t exactly climb. I stuffed it and had to do the walk of shame.  

On loop 2 I decided to try pinnacle track.  The long rutted downhill section was, in professional language “challenging”, in normal language it was bollocks. The guys were feeling the exercise endorphins... and loving it. Me, not so much.  

Great day out and my new found knowledge is;

1. don’t follow me. I make bad choices. 

2. Do follow me if you’re already experienced, I’ll make you look good and find shitty, gnarly rock strewn crap you’ll love. 

3. hot salted greasy chips, so good after riding. 

I hope there’ll be a dirtriderz level one ride so I can check it out.

Next ride I hope for High tea and scones... . (Unless I go back to Cobaw next week.) 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Tripitaka said:

My first lead ride ended up being me and two friends, and my partner (so two dirtriderz.). Everyone better rider than me, the leader. So within 5 minutes my leading plan was ditched as a mate rolled by on his Beta trials bike. Barely a puff. He was gone.   

We did some basic warm up loop around what I call “googly eye rock”, two large rocks on a track, the tail end of Mansfield track, back up to ridge road. 

Bit warmed up we rode to pole track and soil pit track. As a total Gumby I found soil pit track got tough. I actually am not sure we stayed on soil pit... anyway There’s this rocky climb... I didn’t exactly climb. I stuffed it and had to do the walk of shame.  

On loop 2 I decided to try pinnacle track.  The long rutted downhill section was, in professional language “challenging”, in normal language it was bollocks. The guys were feeling the exercise endorphins... and loving it. Me, not so much.  

Great day out and my new found knowledge is;

1. don’t follow me. I make bad choices. 

2. Do follow me if you’re already experienced, I’ll make you look good and find shitty, gnarly rock strewn crap you’ll love. 

3. hot salted greasy chips, so good after riding. 

I hope there’ll be a dirtriderz level one ride so I can check it out.

Next ride I hope for High tea and scones... . (Unless I go back to Cobaw next week.) 

When are you planning on riding at Cobaw again ?

57 minutes ago, MrNoodle said:

Good stuff Tripitaka. It's all learning, just keep getting out in bush

Thanks Noodles, it's fitness, learning, laughing, hurting. I'm hoping to start blaming my bike soon. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I reckon Cobaw would have to be one of the worst places to attempt a level 1 ride at!

But good on you for getting out there and giving it a go!

Well when a generous soul puts up a level one I’ll be there. You know it’ll probably end up some weekend I can’t.   

Hey anyone ever ever done a half and half?  Like Gumby level 1 ride for an hour then up to a level 2 for two hours? Something like that? 

The good thing about level one rides is that level 2 riders can attend and feel like they’re the best ever! (Until they get bored) 

• Like 2

On 5/26/2019 at 8:09 PM, 2t4me said:

I reckon Cobaw would have to be one of the worst places to attempt a level 1 ride at!

But good on you for getting out there and giving it a go!

So I may be wiser and agree with you now.

• Like 2

Hi Tripitaka,I have posted level 1 to 1+ (beginner) rides at Wombat in the past but like you said it suits a lot of L2 riders which means the level changes due to lack of L1 riders attending. I am happy to post another L1 in the future as long as I get enough interest.

Good onya for posting a ride

• Like 4