DirtriderZ

What are people’s thoughts on the ktm300 tpi does anyone have one pros and cons or just stick with a 3002t carby thanks

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, KTM350 said:

What are people’s thoughts on the ktm300 tpi does anyone have one pros and cons or just stick with a 3002t carby thanks

Pretty sure you'll find pages on here & the other Aussie DB forum page ;)

• Like 1

Well...I'm a 4t guy...today was the second ride on my 2019 300 exc TPI... I'm loving it so far. Will post any findings here. I love how easy it starts and very smoooth.

• Like 2

I am absolutely wrapped in mine, it is simply an awesome machine.it eats  tight tracks for breakfast even thou I’m fat old and slow it gets me off the seat and it’s like a box bike with a user friendly engine until you rip it then it becomes a rocket.there are videos around on the tpi with guys riding big hills and gulleys in America where stopping and starting the engine fixes any altitude dramas 

• Like 1

I am absolutely wrapped in mine, it is simply an awesome machine.it eats  tight tracks for breakfast even thou I’m fat old and slow it gets me off the seat and it’s like a box bike with a user friendly engine until you rip it then it becomes a rocket.there are videos around on the tpi with guys riding big hills and gulleys in America where stopping and starting the engine fixes any altitude dramas 

Like last year on a zero degrees Wombat ride all the Carby bikes wouldn’t run,screw drivers out adjusting air screws, lol The tpi bikes just start and ride no dramas

• Like 2

KTM350 if you do decide to buy a tpi mate the best advice I can give you is don’t stuff around with them and make engine modifications ( Tpi Facebook page ) that’s when you will start getting problems, the bikes are amazing as they are.

And to answer your question, buy a tpi over a Carby all day everyday day

• Like 2

KTM350 if you do decide to buy a tpi mate the best advice I can give you is don’t stuff around with them and make engine modifications ( Tpi Facebook page ) that’s when you will start getting problems, the bikes are amazing as they are.

And to answer your question, buy a tpi over a Carby all day everyday day

Thanks Gypsy501 cheers
  • Like 1

I heard yesterday that if you drown a tpi in a river crossing etc..it's a tow home job..that bothers me a bit.

No different than drowning a 4stroke , same process.

I heard yesterday that if you drown a tpi in a river crossing etc..it's a tow home job..that bothers me a bit.

The tip is to not drown any bike
  • Like 1

But not as easy as a carby 2t ? I'm not an expert on river crossings these days.. something I'd like to get better at... drowning bikes bothers me tho..I always thought 2T was much easier to get working post a swim ..but I heard not so with the TPI. I feel most manufacturers will end up TPI anyways as time rolls on

3 hours ago, Pepperjack said:

Have you seen Johnny Walker's drowning in the recent Lagares hard enduro? His whole bike was drowned/fully submerged with him swimming it to a boat ramp, they did the usual tipping it up to remove as much water, he kept hitting the starter button, mechanic removed the filter, cleaned whatever was in the airbox and within a few minutes...bang and he's off to finish the prologue!!!

https://www.facebook.com/ridersforriders/videos/389366985122328/

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Gypsy501 said:

And to answer your question, buy a tpi over a Carby all day everyday dayemoji108.pngemoji106.png

What are you riding now @Gypsy501??

I loved the short time on your 250TPI ... was almost too tempting!

9 hours ago, Pepperjack said:

Na same thing as a carby model to dewater  and I found the pull down pretty  much the same in fact that there not much different  if engine wise  it more carby vs butterfly  and  owning a ktm 17 250 exc and a ktm 250 tpi and have pull both apart  and dewater a tpi . i said tpi better imo

• Like 1