DirtriderZ
TRAILZ

Scissor bike stands

I'm thinking of getting an mx scissor bike stand but their are so many options out there.

Does anyone have any suggestions on which one to use?

• Like 1

Ive got one. Got it from Murray at 4 enduro a few years ago but i'm not sure if they still sell them.. Works well and the bike is at a better height and is easy to move around with the bike on it.

• Like 1

Trails, I have a lift table for some jobs but use a standard lift for 90% of the work I do. I use a brake stool (see pic) for when its on the standard lift and that’s comfortable and makes most jobs easy. 1d02714776d6ea3bf19d5815cf992425.jpg

• Thanks 1

Ive got one. Got it from Murray at 4 enduro a few years ago but i'm not sure if they still sell them.. Works well and the bike is at a better height and is easy to move around with the bike on it.
Which one do you have mate? Any special features etc

4 hours ago, rwcfrank said:

Trails, I have a lift table for some jobs but use a standard lift for 90% of the work I do. I use a brake stool (see pic) for when its on the standard lift and that’s comfortable and makes most jobs easy. 1d02714776d6ea3bf19d5815cf992425.jpg

Can you secure it to the pegs or any where else so the bike doesn't fall off?

• Like 1

Sorry for the confusion Trailz, I use a regular stand and the stool for sitting to work on the bike. I thought the reason you wanted the bike up high is for ease of access. Or to prevent bending over all the time while working. Unless I’m missing something 794907c7eb3ff82c3f057f99a3b67cfe.jpg&key=125422b1951626a84e6396290e6fdb49bb73dd12b080dba3b64b07249cb8275b

• Like 1

Sorry for the confusion Trailz, I use a regular stand and the stool for sitting to work on the bike. I thought the reason you wanted the bike up high is for ease of access. Or to prevent bending over all the time while working. Unless I’m missing something 794907c7eb3ff82c3f057f99a3b67cfe.jpg&key=125422b1951626a84e6396290e6fdb49bb73dd12b080dba3b64b07249cb8275b

No confusion mate I'm looking for a scissor stand to raise the bike to work on it.
I'm interested to know what fellow riders are using and know what's out there...

Buy a Yamaha there don't need to be fix like  ktm so there no need for a scissor lift

• Like 2

Buy a Yamaha there don't need to be fix like  ktm so there no need for a scissor lift

Performance comes at a cost
Nice bike choice with the 3fiddy by the way
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, RIDER said:

WHAT HE SAID!!!!!!!!

That’s why you just bought a new 350 ??

8 hours ago, Gypsy501 said:

That’s why you just bought a new 350 ??emoji23.png

And a scissor lift 

11 minutes ago, Gypsy501 said:

You would need a 3 tonne car Hoist if you had a Yamaha emoji317.png

True  but it a real bike not a farm bike 

• Like 1

True  but it a real bike not a farm bike 

Lol, if it’s a real bike you should had bought the Yamaha then
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Gypsy501 said:

Lol, if it’s a real bike you should had bought the Yamaha thenemoji1782.png

Na bought the 350 to herding cow as the tpi was good for sheep but wanted to upgrade to cow and when i masters that i go the 500 to do horses lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I recently got one of these to use in the "wardrobe of despair"

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/135kg-Motorcycle-Scissor-Lift-Hydraulic-Jack-Work-Bench-Motorbike-Stand-Hoist/192886746583

Top quality chinesium, but seems to be OK. Will lift my gasser up so that the top of the seat is at shoulder height.

Bloke is in Tullamarine and gave me a discount because i just lobbed at his door and he didnt have to pay the feebay tax.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2019 at 8:02 PM, RIDER said:

Na bought the 350 to herding cow as the tpi was good for sheep but wanted to upgrade to cow and when i masters that i go the 500 to do horses lol

Wow, so could i get Farmers discount on the TPI ? maybe this could be my next bike ;)

• Like 1