Darcy16

New to riding in Geelong

Hi all,

Just picked up a pretty clean 2011 yz 125 and wanting to know some good spots to go near Geelong. I used to ride up the bush a bit around north east Victoria then haven't really ridden since moving to Geelong about 5 years ago. Thinking about trying out some MX tracks but I've never ridden at any before so open to some suggestions on places to start getting back into riding. I do have a crf 250 with rec reg for the bush but I was thinking the YZ would be fun on farms and at a track894ba832e8a4907cc6c575f52d4878f3.jpg

• Like 1

Slim pickings around Geelong for MX tracks these days. Club tracks at Colac, Bacchus Marsh, Ballarat, Warnambool; all used to be reasonably serious MX tracks and probably still hold races as well. I think only Ballarat and Colac is MA affiliated. There's Meredith (it's not much of a track though). There's also ride park near Bacchus marsh which is a pay and fun ride for the day track (easy track and really well maintained), lots go there from Geelong. I'd ask at the Geelong bike shops too, they should know what's around.

• Like 1

I actually went past ride park when I picked up the bike. Looked like a heap of tabletops and pretty easy going on the track I saw

7 minutes ago, Darcy16 said:

I actually went past ride park when I picked up the bike. Looked like a heap of tabletops and pretty easy going on the track I saw

It's the best place for someone wanting to have a try on a MX track. The club tracks are tough and are usually pretty chopped up with kickers on jumps, technical jump sequences, big potholes, etc (they usually only get a proper grooming for big race meetings).

I'll have to try there first then. I'm away this weekend but it'll give me time to go over the bike before I ride it. Shouldn't need much as it's meant to be all original and definitely looks that way but a bit of fresh grease on the bearings won't hurt. Still deciding whether I put in a new oem piston to be safe.

• Like 1

Yes definitely try Ride Park. They put the feelers out recently for putting in an enduro cross track too so they might have the best of both worlds

Yes definitely try Ride Park. They put the feelers out recently for putting in an enduro cross track too so they might have the best of both worlds

Cheers. Enduro cross would be fun to have a crack at

hello. I live in lara. I'm French. I search friend for ride in motocross. I have 250 YZF 2010 (sorry for my bad English)

7 hours ago, Clement76 said:

hello. I live in lara. I'm French. I search friend for ride in motocross. I have 250 YZF 2010 (sorry for my bad English)

Welcome Clement. Your English is fine mate. I don't ride motorcross but do get out to Ride Park with my son occasionally. Its a great place to ride and not too far away from you but if you want to get into racing best to join up to a club. If you put up a post in the Organise Rides thread on dirtriderz for Ride Park then you may grab a few other dirtriderz members to join you. Its always better when you have other people to ride with

41 minutes ago, MrNoodle said:

Welcome Clement. Your English is fine mate. I don't ride motorcross but do get out to Ride Park with my son occasionally. Its a great place to ride and not too far away from you but if you want to get into racing best to join up to a club. If you put up a post in the Organise Rides thread on dirtriderz for Ride Park then you may grab a few other dirtriderz members to join you. Its always better when you have other people to ride with

Thank you MrNoodle for your message ^^.
Yes I'd been looking the page Ride parck in facebook. Amazing track ! For the moment I do not have car :(. A little bit complicated for mi