2 2
richardg

plastic pipe thread sealer (liquid or telfon tape)

I will be doing some DIY plumbing (connecting 3 water tanks together, to a pressure pump)

i`m comfortable to use the good old teflon tape, but i was at bunnings the other day and a ex plumber said the way to go these days is "liquid thread sealer"

i will be using mostly fittings like this style/type  (standard threaded plastic fittings)  (not PVC press fits <<<<<---blue glue for those...)

https://www.bunnings.com.au/garden-rain-3-4-x-1-2-poly-irrigation-reduced-nipple_p3100189

I will also have a brass to plastic fitting coming from the tanks (25mm brass outlet)

So... do i go the good old telflon tape....or go with some "loctite" liquid thread sealer...... liquid sounds easy and simple

Since this has been up all day and no one of licenced knowledge has posted up. I will say that if I were fitting a tank to a pressure pump. I would use Teflon on the connections. 

Teflon tape is tried and true, I use quite frequently for sealing high pressure steam lines.

I threw the question up on whirlpool also and got some feedback.... yeah looks like the good ol teflon tape will be the go...

As someone pointed out that as i`m doing a DIY job on these Rain water tanks, teflon tape makes it easy to remove/change the setup if required....

Cheers....

PS i have a kick only husky now!   the starter housing destroyed it`s self during a backfire.... fu#king stupid design..... ah well, the reset of the bike is great!

PS i have a kick only husky now!   the starter housing destroyed it`s self during a backfire.... fu#king stupid design..... ah well, the reset of the bike is great!

Mine backfired while I was kicking it and imploded the primary drive