8 8
riles

Goughs Bay Sat April 6. Gypsy style

I’m guessing there will be a few ride reports from this big Dirtriderz Goughs Bay weekend. Here’s one from Gypsy’s ride today

Camping up there on Friday night was fun. A good fire with plenty of people to talk with. We were ready at 8am :Buzz44, Gypsy, Mick, Chewy, Pittman, Cluffie, me.  Heaps of long trails, hill climbs, ridge lines, testing down hills, Gypsy gave us the lot. We met up with two of the other groups briefly during the day. Good day to be on the bikes up there. It’s spectacular.    Thanks guys and all the camping/riding crew. 

DEEF31BB-E700-4B95-8600-3C383E78AE83.jpeg

A9B0FF1C-DFD6-4E93-990E-C4776C44D555.jpeg

D4396972-D21A-42E6-8E1A-1B7230414B01.jpeg

E5EB0DC5-1FC3-4437-BA29-E184AE8293BA.jpeg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Thanks  to GYPSYtpi for keeping the Goughs Bay Lvl4 weekender alive in the temporary absence of Habs , thanks to the all other guys that did the Lvl4 rides, top crew of elite riders on some of this states most scenic trails ,  will be looking forward to the Goughs Bay winter edition 

• Like 19

Another good fun Goughs weekend. The group moved really well with no issues at all. Very dry so grip wasn’t a problem and I think we may have smashed our previous best time. We did a little bit of exploring at the end of each day so there could possibly be new stuff on future rides!!Thanks Gypsy ( Crusty) for organising the ride, looking forward to next one. Pics to follow

F0720AFE-F75E-41BC-B0C3-41C063CE92DF.jpeg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Awesome weekend away with some excellent rides. Thanks to an enthusiastic Gypsy for all his efforts in putting a great weekend together and continuing the famous"habs loop).
I rode friday and only did a couple of hrs on the saturday morning ride, as i had to get back home early. Thoroughly enjoyed myself and i think i rode pretty well considering i haven't ridden goughs for a long time.
Thanks to buzz also for helping out gypsy and all the various sweeps.
Goughs bay,it has it all,an unbelievable place.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Saturday’s ride was another good day at Goughs Bay, we decided to do the same loop in reverse , with a lot less stops and the pace was quicker witch got us back to camp earlier.
Thanks guy for a good ride and thanks to the sweep riders.
I love Goughs Bay!!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

thanks gypsy for organising the weekend away.. really enjoyed the camping and riding.. Saturdays ride had a good group and moved quite quickly.. gypo did a good job of leading backed up by buzz.  thanks guys.. winter edition will be one to look forward too..

• Like 6

I forgot to mention a top effort from Neerim Mick and Farmer Buzz in doing the loop back to back with me ,definitely a tough loop for one day, but to do it twice takes a lot of guts and is awesome bike fitness well done guys

• Like 8

13 hours ago, Gypsy501 said:

I forgot to mention a top effort from Neerim Mick and Farmer Buzz in doing the loop back to back with me ,definitely a tough loop for one day, but to do it twice takes a lot of guts and is awesome bike fitness well done guysemoji106.png

next step is back to back.....same day

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Thanks Gypsy for organising another epic goughs ride, I'd been looking forward to this since you posted it up months ago and it didn't disappoint. 

We had a good group that rode quick with no hang ups the whole ride. Some of those tracks over the back/Eildon side that run up and down the ridge lines are magic...

I'll be back for the winter edition for sure

• Like 6

Great ride reports fellas, it looks like everyone had a blast !
Hey Gypsy that hair of yours is outa control I’ll donate $100 to RCHGFA if you cut it off

• Like 7
  • Haha 3