Will Husky

I’m from the uk and have been riding on and off for a while and now that I’m back in Australia I’ve gotten back into it. I get out most weekends and had been told about this group so thought I’d give it a go. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Will Husky said:

Thanks mate.

So I take it you can turn up to events and pay on the day? Or how does it work? 

G'day Will and welcome. I'm guessing Brexit, warm bear or the weather finally got to you.

Most rides are social and no money required (unless to cover expenses for accommodation, support vehicles etc). There are the odd fundraising for charity rides like the Easter RCHA rides (Melbourne's children's hospital), donations are made directly to the charity through a charity site.

I suppose if you really want to pay something you could always shout the ride leader / sweeps a beer after a ride (it's not expected but I'm guessing it wouldn't be objected to)

Check out the new members forum and the ride grading system and cornerman system (not sure why but it's located in the organise rides forum and it's covered in the first few threads).

Other than that just keep an eye on rides, post when you want to get on one or organise one and have fun.

• Like 1

A warm Bear would keep you warm @ night, but a warm beer doesn't go down that well over here ;)

• Haha 1