Tracey Pepstar

Full Reg Requirements?

I've been away from bikes for a few years, my bike is now rec reg and I'm considering changing back to full reg as that's what the bike was initially.

So what do I need to get Full Reg back?

What are the requirements for Full Reg? I tried googling but couldnt find it in plain simple terms!

probably need to supply a RWC. Have all the lights and indicators on the bike including horn. Dot Tyres and a mirror.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tracey Pepstar said:

Hmm, would anyone have DOT tyres we can borrow then?

I haven't but that's what I did. Put all your adr gear on. Get the roady. Then take it all off and go riding.except your lights of course. May even need to put the rear fender extension  on.

1 hour ago, cruiser said:

I haven't but that's what I did. Put all your adr gear on. Get the roady. Then take it all off and go riding.except your lights of course. May even need to put the rear fender extension  on.

And leave your horn on because cruiser love that!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I got road reg on my 350 with a set of  Pirelli Scorpion MX tyres the mechanic was more worried about making sure that the lights, indicators, brake switches, instruments and number plate light worked as well as two mirrors.

If you’re bike came with the adr gear or extension bit for the number plate and light then you should put that on as the rwc bloke will not accept the plate on top of the fender.

Its more of a hassle getting the rwc because the vicroads bloke only wanted to see the VIN plate, Engine number and the rwc certificate!!!

• Like 3

Pretty sure you don't need dot tyres for a rwc,it's not applicable. As long as they don't say "not for highway use" on the sidewall anywhere they are ok. If they knock you back go elsewhere.

I want to go the other way, transfer full rego to rec rego. Anyone done this? Bugger all info on Vicroads website, might have to give them a visit. Anyone know the process?

I want to go the other way, transfer full rego to rec rego. Anyone done this? Bugger all info on Vicroads website, might have to give them a visit. Anyone know the process?
You have to phone vic roads and book and pay for an appointment. Once you get a time and date (about 2 weeks) you take your full rego plates in to them and swap the rego over. A new rec reg plate is given to you there. No inspection is needed.
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, cluffie said:
33 minutes ago, Vsc10 said:

You have to phone vic roads and book and pay for an appointment. Once you get a time and date (about 2 weeks) you take your full rego plates in to them and swap the rego over. A new rec reg plate is given to you there. No inspection is needed.

Thanks mate I'll check it out.

Just done it this week.

You'll also need to fill in a form with your details and the bike details. Take the registration renewal notice as you'll need the VIN, engine number etc or just go on the vicroads website here and enter your existing reg number:

https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/registration/buy-sell-or-transfer-a-vehicle/buy-a-vehicle/check-vehicle-registration/vehicle-registration-enquiry

About $100 cause you'll also need to pay a plate fee.