Andy350

Wombat 2+ (GPS)Gumby Positioning System

My day started out arriving at Wombat an hour early followed by 11 others and missing Steviewonder and Lou due to bike issues overnight and Floody at home surviving a hangover.

Meet and great over we headed to unloading spot all geared up and a certain person lost his car key which was found after 10 minutes. I did a head count finding I had a couple extra to my suprise then realised it was Noodle and RustyO who had stopped to say gday.

Headed off down Dales Creek for a quick warm up followed by some more tight tracks then headed north well at least I thought it was north because this was about the time the GPS Gumby Positioning System kicked in and began to do the loop backwards why not I said all good until the little blue line disappeared from my screen and then I preceded to play musical bikes and go up and down the track a couple of times setting myself up for a tirade of banter (i love it).

Now it was time to navigate back to my track with the help of Bear and Riles onto tight trails again yee bloody ha. Once on the tight trails Riles showed us a bonus hill climb and track very nice by the way before heading back to the cars well at least most of us made it back to the cars apart from Stinky and Scotty fixing a rear flat and dont forget Scotty tubes a worth $500 in the bush .

Thank you all for bread sauce and beers and welcome to new member Evros two hours after joining he was on a ride champion.

🤙

• Like 16
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Looks great guys honestly after waking up should of stayed in bed got the tyre fixed smashed a red bull headed to whipstick warm up the bikes get to the bowl random dudes watches up do some hills he proceeded to show us how its done flipped the bike and snapped his ankle in 3 spots so needed to do Recovery haha still smashed 40 kms so wasnt too bad see you all on the next one tubliss will be in no more flats

• Like 3

The day started with a trip to Coles for some bread and then a cruisey drive to Greendale which was surprisingly  faster than my last few trips there. Thinking I would be first to the meet spot I'm surprised to see Andy already there and Stinky not far behind. The rest of the crew arrive and we head off to the unload spot to kit up.

We're all ready to ride and Andy decides to have a seniors moment and misplace his car keys. A quick Q&A to jog the memory and Andy finds them in a pocket of a jumper in his bag.

We head off and I'm happy to say that my predicted off within the first 100 mts didn't eventuate even though the fat accumulated over the xmas/new year period was constantly on the wrong side of the bike and felt like I was going to run of the track on every turn. Andy was having fun with his GPS sending him this way and that and was quite amusing watching the u-turns followed by more u-turns followed by more u-turns. Riles and Bear got us onto Andys intended loop and there was a great mix of narrow trails and a couple of hills. 

Thanks to Andy for putting on and leading the ride (with some assistance from Bear and Riles), Stinky for copping all the dust at the rear, Andy for the BBQ, Riles, Evros, Stinky and Andy for bringing cold drinks (went down a treat, and now blame Stinky for making me buy more bourbon on the way home) and all the other riders for making it a great day.

Until the next one, stay safe. 

• Like 13

21 minutes ago, Steviewonder said:

Looks great guys honestly after waking up should of stayed in bed got the tyre fixed smashed a red bull headed to whipstick warm up the bikes get to the bowl random dudes watches up do some hills he proceeded to show us how its done flipped the bike and snapped his ankle in 3 spots so needed to do Recovery haha still smashed 40 kms so wasnt too bad see you all on the next one tubliss will be in no more flats

Second ride i know you've been on and someones broken bones. Gonna pass up any more invites from you to go riding until your strike rate improves.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Footage and pics on the way

My new bloody iPhone xr blocks the pics option with the keypad so no pics at this stage unless i send them to someone else’s phone and thanks Stinky for sucking everyone’s dust and riles navigation help.

Sorry dont know what happened there tried to post individual vids but kept posting the channel oops

• Like 1

Thanks Andy for a great day on the bikes. .Also thanks to all riders pace was good all day no real sweep duties.Dust was heavy in some spots and a couple of times a complete white out. thanks to the guys that supplied food and drinks.

• Like 6

Looks like you put on a great ride Andy. Video work and your riding are both coming together quite nicely too.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, beeaye said:

Second ride i know you've been on and someones broken bones. Gonna pass up any more invites from you to go riding until your strike rate improves.

Mateee i dont even no how he did it, look i do give a real good pep talk and stir the pot real well if i can get my fat ass up so can you haha so get the bikes ready because its happening 

Thanks Andy for organising and leading and stinky for sweeping.  Great to see some old mates and new faces.  Even better to see another very intelligent person riding a GasGas.  I'll leave you with a quote from Tank Abbott, aka Andy's doppelgänger 

image.png.7decec8f0b81bcd03d9284877b945a57.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

Thanks Andy for organising and leading and stinky for sweeping.  Great to see some old mates and new faces.  Even better to see another very intelligent person riding a GasGas.  I'll leave you with a quote from Tank Abbott, aka Andy's doppelgänger 

I don’t wear that much mascara especially when i ride I find that it runs a bit when I sweat
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Since I saw you guys at the start and end of the ride I thought I would tack on a quick ride report. Sorry for not joining you guys but I am in a bit of pain with a couple of injuries (none dirt bike related) with a bruised or broken coccyx being the main one and didn't want to stuff up your ride if I had to pull out or stop as much as I needed.

We started off almost straight away with a hill climb to test my severe lack of fitness and I was full blown gumby mode trying to nurse my sore butt and one limp wristed attempt later I fell off way to early. Turn around and give it another crack and did it relatively easy so I was pretty happy but still feeling pretty sore. RustyO pointed at one little straight up river bank with a rock kicker and a log across the top and said he was hesitant to attempt it on his own yesterday, a few seconds later he made it look easy as pie. I line up my attempt and following the limp wristed theme from the earlier hill, I got the front wheel over but that is all then fail miserably slumping backwards falling off the bike and ledge with the bike luckily not following me. RustyO thought it was that good that he should video my next attempt, it wasn't much better but I did get up and over the other side...just. The tracks went well and we ended up in Trentham for lunch but it was too early for that so we did a bit more exploring to Blue Mountain then picked a steep downhill trail with a few blackberries thrown in for good measure that made the ground a little hard to see and ended up apologising to a farmer for passing through. Ended up checking out Barrys Reef after hearing about it for years which was cool and still having the sheds and rails down made it more interesting. 

Lunch was a great feed of Steak Sanga with awesome chips (everything was 15 bucks too!) at the Blackwood pub and a couple of cheeky pots to wash down the dust which was thick at times. Going home we hit a few tracks that made lunch not sit too well but made it back to the car park to catch up with a few of the lads and share a bit of banter in the now rising temps. A short trip back to RustyO's place for a Zooper Dooper and a debrief was required and I've discovered I'm not off the injury bench yet but was glad to  finally get 80 odd km's under the belt. Time to get some fitness happening.

417226207e283ddabe375e0ba7f40d16.jpg&key=d4194de54eb612a20970728ed37d0cd442121ae7c209c49fa53bcc027b8018a1

1151c81aa396650f2f4d7f488ccb45ab.jpg&key=216df394de98bd445057136e3037f90807ddca620fd70235450b4f6493c44b77

f111203216a3d208899053cf41c349d5.jpg&key=21670a1b6d62e89ac80dbbacd756400f221678f8105a10c3f7b800de82fa4044

3f9280867dd6dff71ffa5863a2270a6b.jpg&key=2dfb7b3da189da091a1420b1ebe7bfe34356e87c65dff389d5a7cdce225e9b9f

14963055219a69d949b37f62a33b36ee.jpg&key=2f2f1ac13a63e6e5e7aeb7e79de3f468ef9c8b9b5517b31f8edc8127c207340d

3f5987a98518d87cc21ef373e0fa3cd8.jpg&key=b5dcbba2f3f001b237894ca61791072fe1ad068214db68de0c0e889683ebac63

ed37c3596fd89c5d4717778dfd779e01.jpg&key=5838e056c35aeda6e80ac20fb464aa7713099cd98abde136f66e92b15e6a0de9

• Like 9

5 hours ago, MrNoodle said:

Since I saw you guys at the start and end of the ride I thought I would tack on a quick ride report. Sorry for not joining you guys but I am in a bit of pain with a couple of injuries (none dirt bike related) with a bruised or broken coccyx being the main one and didn't want to stuff up your ride if I had to pull out or stop as much as I needed.

We started off almost straight away with a hill climb to test my severe lack of fitness and I was full blown gumby mode trying to nurse my sore butt and one limp wristed attempt later I fell off way to early. Turn around and give it another crack and did it relatively easy so I was pretty happy but still feeling pretty sore. RustyO pointed at one little straight up river bank with a rock kicker and a log across the top and said he was hesitant to attempt it on his own yesterday, a few seconds later he made it look easy as pie. I line up my attempt and following the limp wristed theme from the earlier hill, I got the front wheel over but that is all then fail miserably slumping backwards falling off the bike and ledge with the bike luckily not following me. RustyO thought it was that good that he should video my next attempt, it wasn't much better but I did get up and over the other side...just. The tracks went well and we ended up in Trentham for lunch but it was too early for that so we did a bit more exploring to Blue Mountain then picked a steep downhill trail with a few blackberries thrown in for good measure that made the ground a little hard to see and ended up apologising to a farmer for passing through. Ended up checking out Barrys Reef after hearing about it for years which was cool and still having the sheds and rails down made it more interesting. 

Lunch was a great feed of Steak Sanga with awesome chips (everything was 15 bucks too!) at the Blackwood pub and a couple of cheeky pots to wash down the dust which at time was thick at times. Going home we hit a few tracks that made lunch not sit too well but made it back to the car park to catch up with a few of the lads and share a bit of banter in the now rising temps. A short trip back to RustyO's place for a Zooper Dooper and a debrief was required and I've discovered I'm not off the injury bench yet but was glad to  finally get 80 odd km's under the belt. Time to get some fitness happening.

417226207e283ddabe375e0ba7f40d16.jpg

1151c81aa396650f2f4d7f488ccb45ab.jpg

f111203216a3d208899053cf41c349d5.jpg

3f9280867dd6dff71ffa5863a2270a6b.jpg

14963055219a69d949b37f62a33b36ee.jpg

3f5987a98518d87cc21ef373e0fa3cd8.jpg

ed37c3596fd89c5d4717778dfd779e01.jpg

Hey mate where abouts is this pub and they dont mind boots and gear in there pub? 

Hey mate where abouts is this pub and they dont mind boots and gear in there pub? 
The were very accommodating of us, even offered to fill our camelbaks for us. In Blackwood
  • Like 4

The were very accommodating of us, even offered to fill our camelbaks for us. In Blackwood

Ill second that,stop there quite often and they offered to fill my camelbak aswell. Outside seating makes it more comfortable with water leaking out of your boots too.
  • Like 5

22 hours ago, maccastrewth said:

Yeah i noticed you gelled with the other fake ktm rider.

:sorriso-05:

• Haha 1