7 7
fab

Spring Hill in the Summer rain

Oh Belinda, you were the only thing going through my mind as I approached the carpark. Clear at home and cold summer rain at Spring Hill. I was greeted by a few familiar faces returning after the Summer hiatus and we all braved the cold wind and rain to gear up. 

It rained for around an hour and we all had fun with our summer tyres on the slick leaves and clay. By the afternoon the tracks had dried and the pace picked up. 

Marko lead us through the best of Spring Hill. Pushing that plus to plus plus at times. A few play hills on the way and we watched in awe at the mountain goats getting up with ease. 

A few had enough of the bad jokes and split earlier. Most were were happy to see the cars at end of the loop (Summer of drinking has not been kind to ones fitness). 

video to watch whilst you read this ride report :D:lol:

• Like 19
  • Haha 1

First ride after 8 or 9 weeks and what a day to be back on the bike, 10 degrees  at 9am and rain for first hour or two, could not believe it is summer with the conditions we had yesterday. As promised when posted the ride we did have few extra breaks then normal and the pace was pretty relaxed, few play hills where I enjoyed watching Crusty, Crusty`s plus one and Chris going up some very steep tricky hills. I was happy with extra breaks as I definitely did need them, hopefully more rain coming before weekends so more riding. When I got on the bike after a long break (9 weeks is long for me) I realized how much I missed riding and how much fun I have while riding so hopefully plenty rides to come. Thanks boys for coming, great crew and see you all soon on the next one.

SHORT VIDEO:

[/url]  

P1011932.thumb.JPG.8d69296053881275692ddb131764dabd.JPG

• Like 22

Really enjoyed this ride .

Marko’s Loop is so good , I’ve done it 3 times now and loved it every time 

well 2+ ended up probably a sweet lvl3 all day for me with the slippery wet conditions in the morning and the magnificent play hills in the arvo

the big difference today was my bars only touched the ground once whilst doing a bit of racey stuff for me trying to keep ahead of Husky 310 and Jono 1973 chasing me down 

i enjoyed watching everyone else too as it was all smiles everybody rode well today 

thanks again Marko and crusty for 2nd half sweep duties and Nasty for a little ride on the super smooth TPI 

funny just before we started the ride a local woman approached each of to say stick to the tracks  which I think we all said yes to to avoid any conflicts hostility that would lead to local repercussions 

i think Nathan would have liked to give his opinion of what she should do but he refrained .

was a great Dirtriderz ride

• Like 11

I think she’s the crazy possums lady from lyonville. Fab should know, he’s had a previous experience with her

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Excellent crew , excellent ride , plenty of fun , had summer tyre pressures in at the start which caused some sketchiness, took care of that , thank you tubless , 

A little water really changed conditions 

great work Marko, Chris and Abe keeping us all together 

looking forward to next weekend all ready 

• Like 11

Prime conditions for a Saturday ride. Huge thanks to Marko for making this ride happen.
I'm still trying to get used to the new bike and I was surprised to learn it had a 12 front sprocket.

Good mix of trails, from fast flowy to really tight and the optional hill climb. Thumbs up.

Jake's first dirtriderz ride, he rode really well and he has just signed up which is great.
Thanks to ghost rider for sweeping and everyone else for bringing a good attitude

Top blokes, see you all on the next one!!

• Like 14

I think she’s the crazy possums lady from lyonville. Fab should know, he’s had a previous experience with her

Seems every area has its resident nutter! Then she would drive her car back to her house built on what was once a forest correct.
  • Like 4

Looks like a great day out was had. Plenty of bark and leaves on the trails. Hopefully i'll catch the next one.

• Like 2