coggs

Monday Dissa

Thanks to all that came along today it was a good to meet some new faces and a good turn out for a weekday ride.

The weather was kind to us after a pretty hot week, 62km covered. We had a short guest appearance from Buzz and then later on from Brownballs and we also met a solo rider Jason out on the tracks who joined our group and is going to join the forum.

I forgot to take my camera so no photos from me today, we finished off the ride back at the cars with a beer and a chat.

See you on the next one :)

• Like 21

Thanks Coggs for posting up and leading this ride, was a good fun social ride.

We had a couple of superstars turn up - KTM sponsorship (BearMX) The fireman (Brownballs) The farmer (Buzz) Pablo Escobar (Centella ) The bushman (Coggs) The Prince of Sydney (Rick) we even might have made a new Dirtriderz member Jason.

Thanks again guys I really enjoyed the ride

Ps 3rd gear is flogged out something shocking.

Till the next one, Rock on

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

Well done Coggs! The day was just what I needed. Trails, weather and best of all the group and banter was great. Thanks Coggs for the beers after the ride as well; most stuck around for quite a while for some bike and life in general discussion. Thanks Gypsy for sweeping and letting me swing a leg on the smoothest 2 stroke I've ever ridden.

For me, my riding was a bit out of sorts having been crook for a while but it was good to get out of the house and on the bike. The trails were nice but dusty in spots and my bike felt a bit sketchy at times with a very grippy front (I put a new tyre on after all the flak I was getting over my bald innova tyre) and extremely loose rear and I regularly had a sensation that I was going to spear off the track or fall off the bike. I'm not sure but there's a theory it may have been aggravated a bit by my uncoordinated and overenthusiastic twisting of the throttle. My right side from the hand all the way up to the shoulder muscles are so sore today. I managed one drop of the bike when I screwed up getting the front up to get over a suspended sappling; the KTM is usually super easy to pop up the front wheel but I just wasn't feeling it. I also crapped myself while cruising on one of the graded roads when the bike unexpectedly decided to go into full cross up / high side mode on one of the many potholes; being in top gear i thought i was gone and this is going to hurt but luckily it eventually straightened up. Rick was behind me and witnessed it all. Didn't do it on any of the other potholes though, go figure.

I probably only got a couple of hours riding time in before I headed back to the car only this time it was because i was spent and not because of the bike. Sounds like I missed some good hill action.

• Like 8

Well done Coggs! The day was just what I needed. Trails, weather and best of all the group and banter was great. Thanks Coggs for the beers after the ride as well; most stuck around for quite a while for some bike and life in general discussion. Thanks Gypsy for sweeping and letting me swing a leg on the smoothest 2 stroke I've ever ridden. For me, my riding was a bit out of sorts having been crook for a while but it was good to get out of the house and on the bike. The trails were nice but dusty in spots and my bike felt a bit sketchy at times with a very grippy front (I put a new tyre on after all the flak I was getting over my bald innova tyre) and extremely loose rear and I regularly had a sensation that I was going to spear off the track or fall off the bike. I'm not sure but there's a theory it may have been aggravated a bit by my uncoordinated and overenthusiastic twisting of the throttle. My right side from the hand all the way up to the shoulder muscles are so sore today. I managed one drop of the bike when I screwed up getting the front up to get over a suspended sappling; the KTM is usually super easy to pop up the front wheel but I just wasn't feeling it. I also crapped myself while cruising on one of the graded roads when the bike unexpectedly decided to go into full cross up / high side mode on one of the many potholes; being in top gear i thought i was gone and this is going to hurt but luckily it eventually straightened up. Rick was behind me and witnessed it all. Didn't do it on any of the other potholes though, go figure.

I probably only got a couple of hours riding time in before I headed back to the car only this time it was because i was spent and not because of the bike. Sounds like I missed some good hill action.

Bear can you please say it one more time please, I love hearing this from people after they ride the tpi for the first time. ( Smoothest 2stroke they have ever ridden)

I thought there would never be a day you would say a good thing about a ktm.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Gypsy501 said:

Bear can you please say it one more time please, I love hearing this from people after they ride the tpi for the first time. ( Smoothest 2stroke they have ever ridden) emoji3.pngemoji106.pngemoji869.pngemoji108.png

I thought there would never be a day you would say a good thing about a ktm.emoji41.png

Thanks again for letting me have a go on it and yes I really was impressed at how smooth it was both in vibration and the electric power delivery. Definitely way smoother than any 2 stroke I've ever ridden and I've ridden plenty over 30 years. If I wasn't feeling so underdone I think I would have really enjoyed a bit more time on it on the trails.

As far as KTM goes I know its rare but I do actually say some good things about mine; sure there's a lot that I just can't get used to or confident with and there's a few things i really hate but the powerband and brakes on mine are really good. I actually love the power (for its size), the snappy throttle and the front brake is better than any of my Jap bikes. It even didn't breakdown for a change (although it's probably because I put some genuine Honda parts on it last week, just saying hey!).

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

First time back at disa and honestly there were times I was thinkin of selling my 300.

but now that im drinking JD,  the pain has gone and Ive fixed the mighty wr300 (man's bike) coolant leak maybe not.

Yeah I tried stuff that scared me and had a couple of falls ...sucked   but also made some of the  climbs and logs .... great stuff !

After 3 yrs in sydney it really is fantastic to rejoin the camaraderie of dirtriderz 

Oh yeah on Gypsies 250. awesum to be able to ride a current model so thx so much Mate - that motor is sooo sweet - but that wasnt why I was thinkin of selling the WR- more like this is just too freaken hard now   (NSW pussy moment )I As discussed with Bear I love the handling of my  bike, Ive had it over 5 years and I know what it does and  Ive got a rekluse I can chuck  in for hardier rides so today Im keen again 

• Like 7