5 5
Gypsy501

THE RACER GUY!!!!

Been having a chat and a laugh with a couple of mates about what would make me the best Vic off-roads racer?

So I thought I’d share it with the Dirtriderz family to join in on the fun and get your opinions aswell??

Post it up what comes to mind and il add to the lists.

Things I need & do

- yamaha YZ250f or YZ450f

- fluro yellow Fox 360 gear

- moose tubes

- race numbers

- flat tracks

- aftermarket muffler

- brush guards

- roost everyone you pass

- I’m better than you attitude

- mono in the car park

- leave my rubbish in the car park

- flat peak cap

- drink red bull

- monster energy sticker kit

- lowered van or ute

- no respect for the bush

- spill oil over that track

- rev the engine wot when cool

- hit the drinks the night before a race

- late on race day

Things I don’t need & do

- carry no tools

- carry no lunch

- carry no water

- carry no bum bag

-,carry no back pack

- no hill climbs

- don’t stop for broken down mates

- no barkbusters

- no enduro bike

- no lights

- no corner man system

- no body armour

- no fan kit

- no rec reg & license

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Tools are for fools m8   I ride a pittbke and it's still never broken down or nothings.

You sound like the exact racer guy I want to be
  • Like 1

Must have a lowered Hiace van with a sick set of rims

Iv got a lowered Ute, so I’m good there

Starts his bike from dead cold then holds the throttle wide open until it clears out and revs clean (smoker of course).

hahaha  :sorriso-07: that's funny as f@#k  mmmm , sounds like this list was made up by someone that has never been to a vic offroad or even a decent club day. the list is clearly wrong , it's a red bull sticker kit ( monster energy is so yesterday ) as is fluoro yellow fox gear it's now greys and blues' try to keep up ................. at least we respect the bush enough to not spend hours in first and second gear riding up and down creek beds causing untold damage to the fragile eco system.

• Like 3

Gypsy can now save $$ on Xmas cards he no longer needs to buy for Beta riders and all Racers. I see a 2020 KTM in his near future!!

with the weight savings from having no tools, no lunch , no bumbag and if i don't stop for broken down mates and ignore the corner man system what with my race numbers and aftermarket muffler i should be able to catch  up to him and roost him as i pass............... as long as the track is flat

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, orangeboy said:

hahaha  :sorriso-07: that's funny as f@#k  mmmm , sounds like this list was made up by someone that has never been to a vic offroad or even a decent club day. the list is clearly wrong , it's a red bull sticker kit ( monster energy is so yesterday ) as is fluoro yellow fox gear it's now greys and blues' try to keep up ................. at least we respect the bush enough to not spend hours in first and second gear riding up and down creek beds causing untold damage to the fragile eco system.

exactly stop riding the creeks and get to the track

Bunting off prime pit area but leave no other equipment, then come late on race day only using the space to fuel up.

Taking the only line that is over a downed riders bike, never around.

Jump the starting line for the holeshot before the flag goes up because its timed by transponder anyway and looks good in pictures.

Stealing peoples bar pads to pass inspection.

• Like 1

Get on the pi$$ the night before

Cracker , I can’t believe I didn’t thing of this one, so true

You also forgot
- Blaming everything but your own incompetence.
- Riding in cargo pants so you have lots of places to fit all the excuses.

• Like 2

Some great advice for racing here. But, I can't agree with the yz250f in the first post - it's a frigging kids bike and no self respecting racer should race one. Yz450 is good but if you're serious a crf450r is better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BearMX said:

if you're serious a crf450r is better.

And ditch the twin pipe for a Pro Circuit, FMF, Yoshi etc. Red + Loud = Fast, known fact from many years of testing.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, BushyBrows DBT said:

And ditch the twin pipe for a Pro Circuit, FMF, Yoshi etc. Red + Loud = Fast, known fact from many years of testing.

That's what I'm talking about; Racing Red is the go. Of course, for hardcore tight and technical racing Mean Green would be even better but they killed off the KX500 because it was an unfair advantage.

• Like 1

Some great advice for racing here. But, I can't agree with the yz250f in the first post - it's a frigging kids bike and no self respecting racer should race one. Yz450 is good but if you're serious a crf450r is better.

Bear , I actually thought you were going to say best race bike would be your 350sxf ??
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hey bear, the yz 250f and crf250 now have electric start now to make it easier for the weaker younger breed. Dead starts are not an issue now so ktm's have less advantage now in winning holeshots.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cluffie said:

Hey bear, the yz 250f and crf250 now have electric start now to make it easier for the weaker younger breed. Dead starts are not an issue now so ktm's have less advantage now in winning holeshots.

All kidding aside can bikes get any easier and riders be more pampered. When I was riding the occasional enduro many years ago it was on my KX500s (they were so cool in their day I couldn't resist but it was expensive to get them full road registered for enduro and trail riding). Back then it was hard enough sourcing heavier springs let alone bling and access to a suspension tuner who actually had a clue was near impossible. As for kick starting a high comp 500.........

As for "The Racer Guy" the old 500s would really be ideal; they would idle at 102 decibels, had a natural tendency to pull massive monos in the carpark and spray everyone within a 100 metres with kilos of gravel and dust!

• Like 6