MrNoodle

Dakar 2019

Price, Walkner and Quintanilla all finished the stage within 1 seconds of each other so Toby still holds a narrow 1 minute lead over Quintanilla with a bit more comfort back to Walkner in 3rd. Tonight is the final stage! Go Toby! Screenshot_20190117-063930.jpegScreenshot_20190117-063953.jpeg

• Like 4

Wow it’s close. Hopefully TP has got enough left in the tank to hold PQ off or at least stick on his rear fender so he can’t break away.
I guess we’ll see if anyone has been holding back until now. They will all be on gas for the last stage.
Go TP.

• Like 3

Last stage is typically a bit shorter and easier so Toby is looking good and should win as long as nothing happens. It's racing and hearts and souls are always broken so he needs luck .  He deserves the win, he's an inspiration to all and a really down to earth nice bloke to talk to,a true legend. Good luck TP.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, MrNoodle said:

Stage 9 is set for more dunes and a start consisting of groups of 10 leaving at a time. With all the main contenders in the top 10 it appears they were sandbagging at first and waiting for someone to make a break. This allowed the second group of 10 riders to set the fastest time through the first couple of CP's but the big guns are now firing and all within 30 seconds of each other at CP 4. Sunderland and Benavides copped 1 and 3 hour respectively overnight for the previous day effectively ruling them out of contention.

Benavides apparently had some extra mapping/cheat sheets with short cuts on the bike. If true, this is pretty ordinary from them.

• Like 1

I turned he tv on for the first time in ages ,put the paint brush down ,grabbed a can of black and watched some Red Bull tv and SBS Dakar action.

later on put the app on the phone and  kept  an eye on the live updates and timing of each stage while I continued to paint the ceiling into the early hours of the next day.

Probably do the same again tonight 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Saw dakar highlights a couple days ago and price was a few minutes behind. Hoped the staggered starts and some luck would keep him in 3rd, especially since his wrist drama. 

Forgot to watch last couple episodes so was delighted when my wife told me via her fb page tobys dad put up something about him being in first place. Absolute gem of a ride of gotta be in it to win it. 

I think, from memory it's the last stage overnight. Can anyone confirm as well as AEST that race will start. Also how will they start the days stage. Ten riders together or overall ranking etc. GO TOBY

btw loved the Holden ute jacked up spreading  the aussie love. ;)

• Like 3

Toby is last to start in a reverse order start 3 minutes behind Quintanilla. Toby went through WP1 second fastset just 12 seconds off the pace of Benavides. Quintanilla hasn't shown up on the timing charts at WP1 yet so I don't know whether he has a problem or if it just didn't show up on the timing chart (happens sometimes)

Go Toby

EDIT: UPDATE:

Quintanilla was pushing hard and had a fall 10km into the stage . He has remounted but has an injured foot and is riding to try secure second place which he held a 5 minute lead over Walkner overnight.

UPDATE: 

Quintanilla went through WP1 8.20 behind first. All Toby has to do is stay on the bike and ride safe!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, MrNoodle said:

2 time Dakar champion Toby Price! Well done legend. Even got the stage win by 2 odd mins

Screenshot_20190118-015215.thumb.jpeg.c78e32600685f6fed728642893e59151.jpegScreenshot_20190118-015225.thumb.jpeg.09e8007cb85a1d2c69b3abba0bd37f8d.jpeg

Sensational  !!!!!    Incredible effort !!!!

• Like 4

Awesome win considering his injury. He really must have been gritting his teeth in that last stage to come away with the win because you know all the riders would have been going hard.
Just goes to show his outright speed.
Legend

Top effort by Andrew Short as well coming in third. Who ever knew he was a gun off-road rider.
It wasn’t that long ago he was full time racing super cross and motor cross.

• Like 4

How the F do you ride with a busted wrist for 5200+ km's, in the toughest and fastest enduro race in the world and win it for the second time - bloody legend, Toby Price!!!

Enjoy kissing Laia Sainz for 5 secs and then in return, having the mullet chopped off!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I hope this facebook video link works. It shows Quintanilla's crash on the last stage and Toby coming to see if he is alright. It is part of what all the offroad scene is supposed to do but he then goes on to hold it flat out and win the last stage when he knew he didn't have to as he had obviously had made up 3 minutes on Quintanilla as these were the start intervals.

https://www.facebook.com/dakar/videos/574437272978999/UzpfSTEwNDAyNzkzMjk4OTg1NjoyMTcxNzI4OTAyODg2NDA1/

• Like 4

I hope this facebook video link works. It shows Quintanilla's crash on the last stage and Toby coming to see if he is alright. It is part of what all the offroad scene is supposed to do but he then goes on to hold it flat out and win the last stage when he knew he didn't have to as he had obviously had made up 3 minutes on Quintanilla as these were the start intervals.
https://www.facebook.com/dakar/videos/574437272978999/UzpfSTEwNDAyNzkzMjk4OTg1NjoyMTcxNzI4OTAyODg2NDA1/

Far out that’s a big stack. Not sure what injuries he’s got but it looks like he was very lucky not have something more serious.
Those blokes are nuts!! Sometimes it takes a crash like that to show how fast they’re actually going.
Props to TP for stopping and checking on him. Luckily some other medical staff were there so he could keep going.
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, MrNoodle said:

Yep it sure worked. Kinda hoped it didn't coz thats 1 serious crash. can't believe he got back on the bike after that. 

Great work by TB to win his second dakar.

Laia Sainz awesome effort to finish 10th outright.

• Like 3

See if I get any bites with the below comment on an article bemoaning that the Hewitt / Tomic spat is overshadowing the performances of other Aussies at the tennis....

f1bbc0898aa6762314820e082156e6a7.jpg&key=e9bc25738b19224b948364af2c2c5c7bcce7506545d5d1501156081bfba6dc38

• Like 8

On 1/18/2019 at 10:46 AM, rwcfrank said:

I reckon Toby and Laia need to get together and make an Uber rider babyemoji23.pngemoji23.png.

They would make a great KTM babies that will win many titles in years to come

• Like 1