1 1
BenG

Mt Dissa the 'Not’ Gentlemen's Ride

Crusty, Floody & myself gave work a miss Wednesday since the weather was cooler.  (well Floody went to burn the midnight oil, fortunately his at the age he can work & play hard.)

We stopped and messed around on sections having fun & attempting to improve a bit. 

We opened up a few parts we’ve been going around because of awkwardly fallen trees... 

Theres a few new lines and a kicker or two, let me know if you come across them?

Stopped on some hills & rode the lines for awhile. Around 2-3pm I pulled a knob from a new rear tire which went flat so we called it a day.

The ride was a bit of the rocky trials type stuff thats fun when you get it.  

Its always good to ride with blokes who have the passion, thanks Crusty & Floody!

Cheers to the Gentlemen's gang who were out there. Yeah funny we rode through some of the same stuff & never crossed paths, I guess its kinda cool theres plenty of room in the bush.

• Like 14

Thanks Ben for throwing up this ride.
A lot of the times on rides you don't have the time to hit thinks 2 or 3 times or attempt something that is off camber but this ride was all about that.
I was at the carpark at 8am so gave me a good 30mins to play around on a suspended log which was great. Not long after, Ben and Floody arrived at the same time and we headed off.
We put some kickers as Ben said and hit them a few times which was really fun and it was the first I've ever cleaned up the forest which felt good to honest.
I had a bone to pick with 3rd gear hill so I couldn't wait to get. I made it up on my first attempt which was good. We had plenty of time so I tried the right line and I got up pretty easily.
Made it up about 4 out 8 times. Happy with that
My highlight of the ride was watching Ben jump and climb literally everything from obstacles to think that weren't obstacles but he'd jump them anyway
Good riding with you boys and some good pics

• Like 15

Haha , love the heading Ben , awesome pictures
All business,no time for wine and crackers on this one.
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Crusty350 said:

Thanks Ben for throughing up this ride.
A lot of the times on rides you don't have the time to hit thinks 2 or 3 times or attempt something that is off camber but this ride was all about that.
I was at the carpark at 8am so gave me a good 30mins to play around on a suspended log which was great. Not long after, Ben and Floody arrived at the same time and we headed off.
We put some kickers as Ben said and hit them a few times which was really fun and it was the first I've ever cleaned up the forest which felt good to honest.
I had a bone to pick with 3rd gear hill so I couldn't wait to get. I made it up on my first attempt which was good. We had plenty of time so I tried the right line and I got up pretty easily.
Made it up about 4 out 8 times. Happy with that emoji16.png
My highlight of the ride was watching Ben jump and climb literally everything from obstacles to think that weren't obstacles but he'd jump them anyway
Good riding with you boys and some good pics

Thanks Bro. Appreciated you hanging with my when my tire shredded. Always good riding with yah!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, cluffie said:
1 hour ago, Gypsy501 said:

All business,no time for wine and crackers on this one.

Cheers Cluffie  but No No, the pace was mellow, it was too beautiful a day in the bush to be rushing around.  

Got to get out to Toolangi with you something!

• Like 3

Great pics guys and nice reports. This ride is actually what I need to sharpen the skills a bit and practice a few more obstacles but I need to work on my fitness first

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Gypsy501 said:

Haha emoji23.png, love the heading Ben , awesome pictures emoji108.png

Yeah these were the picts where we might look like we know what we’re doing, there were others which we’ll try to forget about:)

• Like 6

Yeh, i love to just cruise around at times soaking it all in also. Must be getting old. Do you know toolangi well?

Cheers Cluffie  but No No, the pace was mellow, it was too beautiful a day in the bush to be rushing around.  
Got to get out to Toolangi with you something!
  • Like 2

Yeah these were the picts where we might look like we know what we’re doing, there were others which we’ll try to forget about

Iv seen you many times Ben jump trees, you definitely know what your doing.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BenG said:

Yeah these were the picts where we might look like we know what we’re doing, there were others which we’ll try to forget about:)

hahaha never let the facts get in the way of a good story. 

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, cluffie said:

Yeh, i love to just cruise around at times soaking it all in also. Must be getting old. Do you know toolangi well?

yeah.  I thought I heard you'd been riding there a lot recently...

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, cruiser said:

hahaha never let the facts get in the way of a good story. 

100% Cruiser - You got me figured.   

When I attempt stuff & it goes pear shaped I hear your quote in my helmet

You hang in there sunshine, you're special.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, hoff300 said:

+ 1 Ben is a GUN RIDER!!!! I would say a little modest!:D

Cheers Hoff. Look who's talking, you're Mr Humble.

hey I was thinking about you when posting this ride, since your the only one who attended that esteemed secondary school for the gifted called Watsonia Tech.  

Did you wag or attend PE on Wednesday arvo's?  I was going to call the ride 'Wag Wednesday' but thought you’d be the only one who'd catch on.

• Like 2

Great pics and report, showing some skills on the logs. LOL on the title :lol:.

Agreed Dissa is big enough place, we stopped quite a bit and didn't even hear any other bikes.

• Like 1

Now maybe if there was a bit of cheese, like a Le Dauphin Double Crème to go with the crackers and a few Spanish olives.  I would have come. Oh btw it goes well with, unoaked Chardonnay or Pinot Noir.

Good stuff gents

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Thanks Bro. Appreciated you hanging with my when my tire shredded. Always good riding with yah!
Always a pleasure.
Look what I come across after going over the bike after the ride, lucky it didn't fall out2527462fe9e0c0a0687374a6340f5a81.jpg
  • Like 5

Always a pleasure.

Look what I come across after going over the bike after the ride, lucky it didn't fall out2527462fe9e0c0a0687374a6340f5a81.jpg&key=89408fe8b57018bb8210062a63cea266978062a566e0169061d21d7f34b9fc22

Good find mate, that could of turned out very dangerous.

Bunnings sell them split pins .

• Like 1

Wrong ride report Kmatts ,this is the Not Gentleman’s ride .

There is always room for a little refinement and luxury, Gypsy
  • Like 1

There is always room for a little refinement and luxury, Gypsy

Will leave that kind of stuff for your Gentleman’s rides
  • Like 1