1 1
HairyTrails

Ktm 300 exc or ktm 250 exc-f?

Is that the wr belly had at the annual at starglen? If so, it's a very nice bike.
The ad says it's a 2018 and 4 months old so I'm guessing it's not?
That's assuming it's him selling it and not someone else doing a shifty...
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, 2t4me said:

The ad says it's a 2018 and 4 months old so I'm guessing it's not?
That's assuming it's him selling it and not someone else doing a shifty...

It say there's 4 moths rego, so i'm thinking it's 8 months old ;) you would think it would do more than a couple hundred klms in 8 moths

1 hour ago, eagle said:

It say there's 4 moths rego, so i'm thinking it's 8 months old ;) you would think it would do more than a couple hundred klms in 8 moths

It might be a different bike, but he hardly had any hours on it when I was yakking his ear off at Starglen 2 Annuals ago considering the amount of time he had it. I think he changes them over every year and all the companies that support him/mxtv look after him.

On a better note for Hairy Trails, I may have my 13 Husaberg FE 350 up for sale in the very near future!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’ve seen the mxtv bike, it looks exactly what I’m after but I was put off after it said the suspension had been done I’m only 73kgs and it’s setup for 85kg. But apparently only clickers were changed that was it 

4 hours ago, HairyTrails said:

I’ve seen the mxtv bike, it looks exactly what I’m after but I was put off after it said the suspension had been done I’m only 73kgs and it’s setup for 85kg. But apparently only clickers were changed that was it 

85kgs could be with riding clothes on, i'm 75 & up to 89kgs with backpack, boots, helmet etc on. I couldn't see it being a problem !

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HairyTrails said:

Don't even worry about this at all.   The yamaha suspension (kyb) is the best in the business and most tolerant (wide window) to different rider weight/speed/terrain. The clicker adjustment actually works very well and the bike will be able to be tuned to easily meet your requirements. A "riders sag" check may be a good idea (as it is on all bikes) after a ride or 2 if your not completely happy with the handling.  

As an example my son at 60kg's was able to be set up to ride the same yamaha yz250 as a 90kg rider with clicker and sag adjustments.  Ok,It's not 100% but still not a problem and he rides very well and at a good pace. Fork tube height wasn't even changed.  A simple spring swap front and rear would get the bike to say 98% and a revalve to possibly 100% but it's not needed.Save the money for tyres and fuel.

• Like 1