2 2
Husky310

E bikes

I’m looking to get an electric mountain bike. Does anyone have one or know somebody with one? I want the good, the bad and the ugly. Brands to look at and brands to stay away from. 

Good suspension, brakes and battery life are what I’m after. 

Hit me with your suggestions!

• Like 3

A couple of mates have had the Stealth 1's for about 6yrs & they seem to be going well, they'll do about 60klm/p/h. i was thinking of buying 1, but they were $6k @ the time & i wasn't sure if i would get the use out of it ?

• Like 1

I’m thinking about it as well I have ridden the specialized Levo great bike but big price tag

• Like 1

Don't think the Levo's doing 60klm/h, mate has riden his Stealth from Berwick to Dandenong for work on tracks etc & it takes him about 30mins, it does weigh about 55Kg. it's sort of half way between a dirtdbike & a mtb

• Like 1

17 hours ago, eagle said:

A couple of mates have had the Stealth 1's for about 6yrs & they seem to be going well, they'll do about 60klm/p/h. i was thinking of buying 1, but they were $6k @ the time & i wasn't sure if i would get the use out of it ?

Thanks mate i'll check them out, sounds like what i'm after.

couple 26" wheels with speed controller on fleabay for $250.  so, depending on battery could be a cheap experiment if you have an old doner bike.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

went MTBing with a mate last weekend.. his Mrs has a Giant eBike.. was pretty cool. Seemed to work very well... they overspeed a little once you stop peddling - hard to explain, just wierd. Might get one myself at some point.. quite heavy.. not sure how it would go pedlling with a flat battery!!!

Had to laugh the other day i was on youtube & a link came up for saving weight on a bike, it said if we use these tubes we could save 250g per wheel & if we used these tyres we could save a whopping 500g per wheel ;)

I know it's all relative to total weight etc but for none professionals like us does it really matter, i know i can ride my Kato in most places even though it feels about 10Kg+ heavier than my Sherco, but the only time i really have problems with the weight is if i drop it or get stuck ;)

Had to laugh the other day i was on youtube & a link came up for saving weight on a bike, it said if we use these tubes we could save 250g per wheel & if we used these tyres we could save a whopping 500g per wheel
I know it's all relative to total weight etc but for no professionals like us does it really matter, i know i can ride my Kato in most places even though it feels about 10Kg+ heavier than my Sherco, but the only time i really have problems with the weight is if i drop it or get stuck
You would honestly be surprised at how much removing even a little unsprung can affect handling.
We went from UHD tubes to tubliss. The bike turned so much "felt like" faster.
Almost unerving. Had to get used to it as I was turning the bike more than I wanted too.
Felt more nimble..
And I'm only a hack. So was surprised to actually notice anything.
Would consider having one less sausage roll for breakfast if it made as much difference as the less unsprung weight.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Geoffyboy said:

You would honestly be surprised at how much removing even a little unsprung can affect handling.
We went from UHD tubes to tubliss. The bike turned so much "felt like" faster.
Almost unerving. Had to get used to it as I was turning the bike more than I wanted too.
Felt more nimble..
And I'm only a hack. So was surprised to actually notice anything.
Would consider having one less sausage roll for breakfast if it made as much difference as the less unsprung weight.

Perhaps a little colonic irrigation before each ride?

• Like 1