1 1
JOF062

Xmas 18 Pre Ride

Nice drop of water overnight but don't think Tallarook got as much as Melbourne.

We had issues early with 2 bikes with flat batteries one was good to go with a jump the other was only a maybe..

Then we had a broken gear lever bolt before we even left carpark. (ouch day ended)

The group was better than a 2 so the pace was little quicker and some took a few diversions.

I bailed at 50km. And the others went looking for the hard stuff.

Top day thanks Bear for organizing.

• Like 18

thanks bear and sweep riders.  if i hadn't stopped on the hill like that then your video would be no where near as entertaining(sorry mate). 

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, centralVic said:

thanks bear and sweep riders.  if i hadn't stopped on the hill like that then your video would be no where near as entertaining(sorry mate). 

Agree, boring watching the good riders get up the hill. Block there accent I reckon. :P

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Thanks guys for the great ride. Special thanks to Bear for leading and the chaps on sweep duties.

• Like 6

Firstly thankyou Bear for your efforts in making the chrissy ride as suitable as possible to the broad spectrum of riders that will be attending, the loop will be enjoyable for all. Todays pre-ride saw some 15 or so riders at some times challenged me included but fun all the same, it was great to see some elite riders aboard, at one stage on a more flowing section I was in my brief peak/ warmed up and still energy zone, I found myself being held up by one off these racers, tempted to make a pass but held back knowing I would be quickly chewed up and spat out! Thankyou too Riles, Buzz and he who does'nt deserve a mention for sweeping.

PLEASE -  do your best bike preperation within your abilitys, with so many riders there are bound to be problems but these will be reduced with good bike prep by all.

• Like 16

As all have mentioned above a great day out, thanks to Bear for leading and three maybe four sweeps for the day.

I had a ball watching the gun riders make any and all obstacles look easy for us mere gumby's this is always 

a great chance watch and learn . I felt the higher level riders where exceptionally patient and helpful throughout the day

and extremely well behaved in the tight stuff when being slowed down.

unlike Dazz I did slow a few down even when going at my best.:)

Another great day out with fellow dirtriderZ

• Like 14

Thanks Bear for a good day out. Perfect conditions, havnt been to Tallarook for a year or 2 so it was nice to get back there. Good to meet some new people. Nice to come home for a change with the bike in one piece!!!

• Like 11

Firstly thankyou Bear for your efforts in making the chrissy ride as suitable as possible to the broad spectrum of riders that will be attending, the loop will be enjoyable for all. Todays pre-ride saw some 15 or so riders at some times challenged me included but fun all the same, it was great to see some elite riders aboard, at one stage on a more flowing section I was in my brief peak/ warmed up and still energy zone, I found myself being held up by one off these racers, tempted to make a pass but held back knowing I would be quickly chewed up and spat out! Thankyou too Riles, Buzz and he who does'nt deserve a mention for sweeping.
PLEASE -  do your best bike preperation within your abilitys, with so many riders there are bound to be problems but these will be reduced with good bike prep by all.

Are you talking about when your bike nearly caught on fire
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

You of all people after Sundays effort should not be talking about bike maintenance and batterys, maybe I was directing this post at you, nothing like throwing mud at the Pud. 

1 hour ago, Pudmud said:

Are you talking about when your bike nearly caught on fireemoji1787.png

• Like 2

Thanks Bear and the sweep riders!
Had a fantastic day, loved it!

Burgers were awesome too!

Sorry for the hold ups I caused!

• Like 1