1 1
Josha

Showa SFF Setup

I have a 2015 CRF250R and I want to setup the suspension for trail riding. I know everybody recommends either swapping out the air forks for convential forks from a 2014 model or gutting them and fitting a spring kit but I want to perservere with them. I have tried to find settings online but to no avail, only found mx settings. 

Any help would be appreciated.

They don't feel too bad but I haven't changed any setting since getting the bike new. If by dialing them in to suit my weight and riding conditions improves the bike it's worth a shot.

If they don’t feel to bad , a couple of clicks might just save you some big $$$ dollars.

Those airforks (like most airforks) don't have a good reputation and most guys end up swapping them out.
I'd say, wind the clickers off a bit from the stock oem setting and run just enough air to use almost the whole stroke while normal riding and still resist bottoming. A bottom out here and there on g outs or big hits is ok as long as it's not bottoming out hard as this can cause damage if you persist like this.
Do some testing over the same tracks to get it in the ballpark then go for a normal ride to finely tune. It takes time to dial them in.
Kroozetune do good work and have a good conversion kit for these if you can't sort them out to your requirements.