Steviewonder

Knee braces

Fellas after watching petes soul of his foot touch his ass, and not do his knee i think i need to upgrade to knee braces , what brands are you using thinking just going the pods k700 would love some feedback.

Screenshot_20181121-184454_YouTube.jpg

+1 for thePod K4
I bought a pair couple of years ago and I reckon they’ve saved me twice already. I think the Pods meet the required standards so you can claim them on your private health insurance if you have it.

• Like 1

Take people's advice on what they think of the brand's they have but then go and try on as many of them as you can - like helmets, the one with greatest reviews and features is useless if it doesn't suit your body shape/size properly (legs in this case!)

In theory, any of Pods, Asterix, Leatt etc will be good but for the ultimate - if you can afford it get fitted up for some custom CTI's...

• Like 4

Hey mate, I'm off the bike at the moment for 12 months as I snapped my ACL, spraned the PCL and tore the meniscus. I really wish i wasn't a tight ass and brought some sooner, So I would strongly recommend getting some before it's too late. After the accident and before surgery I brought some Asterisk, I have used them once and found them very comfortable didn't even know I was wearing them. 

• Like 2

Take people's advice on what they think of the brand's they have but then go and try on as many of them as you can - like helmets, the one with greatest reviews and features is useless if it doesn't suit your body shape/size properly (legs in this case!)

In theory, any of Pods, Asterix, Leatt etc will be good but for the ultimate - if you can afford it get fitted up for some custom CTI's...

Yeh I agree. It definitely pays to get good advice off the staff to make sure they fit correctly. They aren’t the sort of thing you just grab off the shelf and go to the checkout. I spent a fair bit of time getting mine fitted with the right sized spacers.
  • Like 2

I have a set of pods k800? The carbon ones anyway, and a pair of the “cheaper” ones.

The first advice I was given was, they will save your knee but probably break your leg!

The other thing is, I busted a ligament on my right knee brace a few weeks ago! I’m convinced that saved my knee as it was an awkward stack on a nasty hill with a stupid log crossing.

So yes, I’m a big fan.

• Like 4

Very happy with the k400's At $300 a knee it's cheaper and a much better solution than a knee reco that could have you hobbling for the rest of your life .

Mine are three years old get and used every weekend , I've smashed two patela caps and broken three Elastic thingos in that time. The gel coat has worn off at the pivot points. I guess in a year or so they will need replacing .

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Scottland said:

I have a set of pods k800? The carbon ones anyway, and a pair of the “cheaper” ones.

The first advice I was given was, they will save your knee but probably break your leg!

The other thing is, I busted a ligament on my right knee brace a few weeks ago! I’m convinced that saved my knee as it was an awkward stack on a nasty hill with a stupid log crossing.

So yes, I’m a big fan.

Im guessing thats what done petes leg, but broken leg is better than a knee full of pins and plates

• Like 2

I lashed out awhile back and purchased asterix braces.slightly bulky at first but don't even feel them now.they have a great system for tensioning the straps ,you turn a dial on the back to tension.only drawback 1100.00 bucks.but I have ridden with some guys that don't have them so I figure any knee brace is better than none.whatever your budget allows.

I just bought a pair of K4 Pods and had my first ride in them today.

I was worried about them being bulky, but after a few minutes I forgot I was wearing them. They are more comfortable than the hinged guards I was wearing before.

Very happy so far.

The new X-Frame Leatt braces look very similar but use a geared hinge instead of the ligaments in the Pods.

I running pod and can said there good but I am going to upgrade to the CTI custom as there the best on the market  and had mate go CTI and said it well Worth it 

On 12/4/2018 at 11:06 PM, Bubalu said:

Been using a pair of Mobius X8's for roughly 3years now. Only complaint would be trying to find pants to fit over them:blink:

Sorry for the resurrection 10 months later... I’m looking at Mobius or asterisk. Any bits bust, fall off etc? 

Do you reckon theyre as fat as any other brace?

13 minutes ago, Tripitaka said:

Sorry for the resurrection 10 months later... I’m looking at Mobius or asterisk. Any bits bust, fall off etc? 

Do you reckon theyre as fat as any other brace?

G'day, 

Only issue I have with them is they can sometimes pitch the inside of my pants when I go from a sitting to standing position.

Other than that no dramas.

• Like 1