mick

Greasa's Greasy Hazelwood

Thanks for  posting up and Leading another Cracking ride Greasa,  Slick conditions out there with plenty of puddles and plenty of mud getting thrown around  , was nice to catch up with a few regulars and meet a few that i haven't ridden with before , I dont do many lvl2+ rides these days but i knew it was going to be  prime out there after the rain and Mark always Puts on a cracker so why not, i brought my regular riding mate with me and was great fun doing a bit of bar bashing for once,  stopped to play on a hill , most were happy watching as it was extremely slick down the bottom , i think most had had enough by then anyway ,  Me and my +1 decided to part company and do a bit of a explore after that ,   thanks again Mark for leading and Greg for sweeping , great bunch of blokes with plenty of laughs along the way,  cheers :sorriso-02:

• Like 14

What a great day today. Parked somewhere different just in case the heavens opened but had minimal rain during the ride. As mentioned by mick it was super slick there today and certainly had all trying to find some grip. I managed too, but cheated by going slow. First half of the day I had at least one on my tail and me thinking I should  speed up. I countered this by not stopping much and the ride flowed the best I've had. Heard a few had some falls but no injuries to speak of. Had a fall myself trying to follow mick up a wet red clay hill. Rode up 20mt till bike stopped and I tumbled 15mt downhill giving Greg and Steve (I think) a laugh or two.

Wanted to do 50k for the day and was on track until a couple of hills held us up. Overgrown trail plus slick conditions plus ripped up dirt may make a gentle hill ummmmm tricky. So 37k for the day but had to finish early.

Thanks to all that came today and made it a cracker of a ride. Special mention to Greg for sweeping the whole day. Thanks to Frank for all of the photos. 

Till next year guys.

• Like 13

A huge thanks to greasa for putting on year another great ride and Greg for sweeping the whole day. It was nice and slick out with a few tumbles here and there. It was great meeting a few new faces. I’ll definitely be on more rides!!

• Like 11

Another great ride hosted by Greasa! Crew arrived on time and we started right away probably because we knew some rain was coming. Tracks were fantastic with good traction and everything was flowing well with little time in the corners. Had a moment where Jase headed out off the track convinced he had seen someone go that way but it must have been a mirage so we called him back and continued with the flowing stuff. That's the best part of Hazelwood, flowing tracks that go on and on for days.

Rain finally started and we got a brief period of real rain which was just enough to glaze the red clay and make things challenging. One hill had me and a few others F-ing and C-ing as it was so slick it couldn't even be walked. Fortunately after a few minutes Cooter found a work around track that was hiding in the bush and we moved on. I had a great day (aside from that shit hill) and enjoyed the day out. Thanks to Mark for posting up the ride, Hazelwood is amazing and if you haven't been it's well worth the drive up. Greg, thanks for sweeping all day! Great to see some regulars and a new face or two, Jordy, well done on that peaky, kick only Ktm relic. Mick, getting up that red clay hill was impressive but once he got to the top we realized it was the 30 kilos of mud packed on his front wheel that helped keep the front end downca418eb90c60995f2e0f1a7e5f956a9a.jpg&key=30a9b40eacb1ad561ee21ca7d1a24377c3deef5f60ea7200832d10bdd951203c

• Like 11

Yeah Mark that was a funny stack on the play hill, but you rolled out of it like a pro!

Thanks heaps for putting up the ride mate, had a blast all day. I think we covered every type of dirt surface at Hazelwood yesterday from sand and gravel to slick and sloppy clay...

Everyone was talking about how good a time they had, and the rain couldn't dampen spirits at all. In fact we  were dry by the time we got back to the cars.

I couldn't pry sweep out of Greg's hands, he was having too much fun on the Yammy back there haha, thanks mate.

Bring on next weekend!

Ps. I'll chuck up these couple of pics I have.

No one zoom in on Andys crotch if you know what's good for you 

1A31BA62-81D8-4370-BE4E-1A57EA6106C8.jpeg

125E4EEC-7430-4598-8056-7F372EBE5818.jpeg

Edited by steveRR
  • Like 11

11 hours ago, ohmygewd said:

Greggy took the YZ out...how did he go?

He was out the back sweeping for the whole day so only he can tell you, but everytime time we stopped for a regroup or rest he was right behind the group.

We did see a struggle on the clay hill that only a few of us attempt. He still thinks the beta wouldn't have made a difference.

Love seeing the YZ in action again.

• Like 3

Thanks Mark for putting on a great days riding at Hazelwood,thanks Greg for sweeping all day, hope we didn't keep you too busy mate.

Great group, great ride, Thanks again.

• Like 7

Thanks Mark for leading us around another great loop at hazelwood Was great to be out in the damp conditions with no dust (perfect day to offer to sweep). Flowed well all day with almost no assistant needed.
Great group of guys with a couple of new faces.
Loved getting the old yz out for a run, so much fundefinitely should bring it out more

• Like 7

Thanks Greasa for posting! It was a killer loop that flowed really well. Great group and good to meet some new faces. Definitely jumping on Greasa’s next ride! Thanks Greg for sweeping all day. Was fun watching Mick going up the play hill. He made an impossible hill look easy.

• Like 3

Thanks Mark, had a blast. Especially loved that track through the pines. Hardly any hold ups appart from that one hill which i reckon any other day would be simple. Took a few earth samples myself, banged bars with trees and went the whole ride without touching my tool kit (which never happens). Thanks again Mark, Greg at the back and also Mick who somehow managed the corner man system by himself. Was funny. And everyone else who came.

• Like 3

Yeah Mark that was a funny stack on the play hill, but you rolled out of it like a pro!
Thanks heaps for putting up the ride mate, had a blast all day. I think we covered every type of dirt surface at Hazelwood yesterday from sand and gravel to slick and sloppy clay...
Everyone was talking about how good a time they had, and the rain couldn't dampen spirits at all. In fact we  were dry by the time we got back to the cars.
I couldn't pry sweep out of Greg's hands, he was having too much fun on the Yammy back there haha, thanks mate.
Bring on next weekend!
Ps. I'll chuck up these couple of pics I have.
No one zoom in on Andys crotch if you know what's good for you 
1A31BA62-81D8-4370-BE4E-1A57EA6106C8.thumb.jpeg.9dcdaa5f7d46b3cd41c7bc9b06184e9c.jpeg
125E4EEC-7430-4598-8056-7F372EBE5818.thumb.jpeg.6377a938293520820874d51411c24e85.jpeg
Looks like he's wearing a g-banger
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, cooter said:

and also Mick who somehow managed the corner man system by himself. Was funny. 

There was "some" method to my madness :blabla-01:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mick said:

There was "some" method to my madness :blabla-01:

Did ya keep count of passes? ;)

I know you got passed at one point, must have dozed off following me.:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Greasa15 said:

Did ya keep count of passes? ;)

I know you got passed at one point, must have dozed off following me.:lol:

I got passed a few times , i think me and my plus1 were all square at the end of the day , its not often we get to race each other,  hope no one got too upset with our crude overtaking :arrabbiato-052:

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, mick said:

I got passed a few times , i think me and my plus1 were all square at the end of the day , its not often we get to race each other,  hope no one got too upset with our crude overtaking :arrabbiato-052:

Got any vid of it. Would love to see it. Don't see much out front, only stacks on a hill. lol

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Greasa15 said:

Got any vid of it. Would love to see it. Don't see much out front, only stacks on a hill. lol

Nar i dont but some of the other guys had gopros , Jase had one i think, 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, mick said:

Nar i dont but some of the other guys had gopros , Jase had one i think, 

Ill chase him up for it. Prob won't get much, he was to busy going bush somewhere.:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No Vid footage. Got about 800 random photos though. He forgot his phone to operate his Christmas present,  which he shouldn't have used anyway. 

One of his falls he injured his shoulder.  He tried to work today but couldn't lift and had the rest of the day off. Went to physio and better now. Hope he can operate his phone next time!!!!!!!!

Anyone else have video footage?

• Like 1