2 2
cruiser

Overheating Husky te300

Can get air from being upside down or other. 5 min job to crack the screw and worth a check.

Motor has never been apart. Never had a coolant dump. So not much chance of developing an air pocket.

People at wildwood must have got a lot of air in there heads

Can get air from being upside down or other. 5 min job to crack the screw and worth a check.
  • Like 1

Always best to try the easiest cheapest fixes first

Definitely, but have to say running a bike these days without a fan in the riding we do its prone to issues

11 hours ago, twisti3s said:
11 hours ago, eagle said:
Always best to try the easiest cheapest fixes first emoji6.png

Definitely, but have to say running a bike these days without a fan in the riding we do its prone to issues

I had some issues on some single track with over heating, i ended up putting the bigger impeller had no problems since, plus it's not drawing from my battery ;)

Crusier, make sure you have the correct oil vol in the gearbox, low oil and heavy clutch use will also cause extra heat load. Even run an extra 50ml of oil and stop abusing the clutch.

FYI, I don't run a fan, use stock coolant and have only ever had one very mild case of a near boil (with the 35P).

Most people with a 17' with the JD kit run a 30 pilot, my was hanging (but never boiled), so went to a 35 and still hangs a bit, with a blue needle at 2.5clip, I'm going to try going back to the 30 P and see if it does it more.

Hope you get it sorted and let us all know how it goes

• Like 1

Just got back from just over 100ks of open trks hill climbs and scrub.

The bike did not boil once today. Gave it plenty of opportunity to boil at the back blocks of Wesburn this morning on a steep rocky hill climb . But still couldn't make a cup of tea.

Needless to say I was very impressed. 

The only mod i ended up doing. Putting on a tail tech fan.

• Like 7

Glad it worked for you Pops. Now lets find some steep shit...!

Now your talking, I like you ,we must ride together
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Murdoch said:

Glad it worked for you Pops. Now lets find some steep shit...!

5 minutes ago, Gypsy501 said:

Now your talking, I like you ,we must ride together emoji3.pngemoji106.png

Maybe a good chance of that Gypsy. 

• Like 1

A 4t if running lean, when backing off it will go Pop Pop ! Maybe your running lean Pop !

6 minutes ago, dazzrmx said:

A 4t if running lean, when backing off it will go Pop Pop ! Maybe your running lean Pop !

Looked at the jetting. ran it through its paces. listened to what everyone else is going through trying to tune a Makuni.

Listened to what my engine was telling me. And have come to the conclusion.....The jetting is ok and not causing the bike to overheat. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dazzrmx said:

I never was a good fisherman, just cant get a bite.

I seen what you done there. I just chose to overlook it.........................this time.:arrabbiato-04:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Looked at the jetting. ran it through its paces. listened to what everyone else is going through trying to tune a Makuni.
Listened to what my engine was telling me. And have come to the conclusion.....The jetting is ok and not causing the bike to overheat. 

I remember the time I spent getting mine spot on, it was tedious to say the least. BUT in saying that, it has been flawless ever since. I did read a reply saying to run a little more gearbox oil, I generally do this as well, purely because of the abuse my clutch tends to get. And that additional friction certainly adds to the heat soak through the crankcase. I wasn't shy to run my jets a little on the rich side, just to help quench some of the heat out.
  • Like 3

Tested the new fan out again today.

From tracks with zero air flow. to hill climbs I did as slow as the motor would go without stalling. 

The hottest I could get the bike today was 98.

Within seconds the motor was back down below 95.

Very happy with the new fan. 
All water cooled dirt bikes should come off the production line with a fan fitted IMO.

Even if it only needs to kick in once a year. 

• Like 9

Was a good ride
Mate I just re fitted the sensor with that Grease stuff so should work
Properly now.
I’m going to re jet mine and see how I go.

• Like 1

Was a good ride
Mate I just re fitted the sensor with that Grease stuff so should work
Properly now.
I’m going to re jet mine and see how I go.

Yeah that contact grease helps conduct the heat a lot better, running the sensors dry can be risky.