HairyTrails

Lowering crf250r with sag?

I’m 5’10 and for the woods my crf250r is still to tall for me as I’m kind of tippy toed on it. I thought setting the sag to my weight etc would make a difference but to have the sag set for bike I actually had to tighten it which is strange because the previous owner was much heavier than me. I measured 108mm weighted sag  with me on the bike and in the Manuel it suggests 100mm and I didn’t want it any firmer than it already was so I relived it to around 125mm I know you shouldn’t lower the bike with sag but my feet are now much closer to the ground and the suspension feels a lot more forgiving and soft. Yet to ride the bike yet though.

Is this ok or will it be dangerous to ride? I watched a video of someone lowering a bike with this technique and he got hammered for being dangerous. 

Your bike will handle like a Harley with all that fork rake slow to turn and plow straight ahead

You may like it but I doubt it
If funds are that tight you can lift the forks through the triple clamps to correct this

Good luck