1 1
fab

Wildwood Extreme Enduro is this Sunday (4th Nov)

From the names I could recognise, best of luck Mev and Buzz :)

I'll be there solo. Who else is going for a squiz? 

image.png.293e37db9783f1e51d7bee2b4c659c08.png

• Like 8

This will be the first year I cant make it in a long time unfortunately. Its a great event that needs to be attended to appreciate. Good luck to all dirtriderz James Petch (Kage) , Mev and Buzz

• Like 3

I have never been to a enduro bike event so hoping to go there this Sunday as a spectator of course will be fun to watch & see live how hard it really is to ride these events .

• Like 1

Ive never been to an event like this either, what is it like for spectators, would somebody with no interest in the sport (my wife) still enjoy it?Add a hot dog and a can of drink would it pass as a romantic day out ?:D

• Like 1

6 hours ago, katman said:

Ive never been to an event like this either, what is it like for spectators, would somebody with no interest in the sport (my wife) still enjoy it?Add a hot dog and a can of drink would it pass as a romantic day out ?:D

Katman, I had a laugh when I read your post. Wildwood would have to be the least romantic place on earth. I’ve been there many times and always enjoy it. It’s a big and well run event to watch as a dirt bike loving spectator but if not...your wife won’t appreciate the rubbish tip next to the entry,  the thistles, rocks, crappy entrance track, no shade, flies and cow dung.   You will love the mixture of bikes and riders, rock garden, horse power hill and the prologue section.  

Take her to the cinema on Saturday night, a star is born, choc top and enjoy 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

How I usually roll on Wildwood Sunday. Get there early enough to watch the practice and prologue. Lots of carnage in the enduro X area and great viewing. When the race is about to start we head down to the dam which is just after the start/enduroX area. Lots of fun and potential carnage. Wander through the prickles to Horsepower Hill and watch riders tackle that then jump on the bus and head down to the Rock Garden. After that head back to the finish area and watch everyone come home. Last  year we went wandering further into the course than usual as the bus broke down earlier than usual (usually gets a flat tyre or breaks down!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, riles said:

Katman, I had a laugh when I read your post. Wildwood would have to be the least romantic place on earth. I’ve been there many times and always enjoy it. It’s a big and well run event to watch as a dirt bike loving spectator but if not...your wife won’t appreciate the rubbish tip next to the entry,  the thistles, rocks, crappy entrance track, no shade, flies and cow dung.   You will love the mixture of bikes and riders, rock garden, horse power hill and the prologue section.  

Take her to the cinema on Saturday night, a star is born, choc top and enjoy 

Dpnt forget overflowing toilets! Ladies love those

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Phil 143 said:

I have never been to a enduro bike event so hoping to go there this Sunday as a spectator of course will be fun to watch & see live how hard it really is to ride these events .

6 hours ago, katman said:

Hey there guys, I've been to the last 4 or 5 events and must say it is a bit of eye opener to see the pro guys hitting the harder obstacles, in particular the "rock garden" well worth going to check it out. As far a romantic venture, for me absolutely but unfortunately my wife prefers the chockies, flowers and candlelight type of thing.  There will be a coffee van, hot food and cold drinks available.

In general for spectators bring some good walking shoes as the best viewing is out in the paddocks, the prologue track is pretty exciting but after an hour or so is a bit repetitive. There should be a mini bus running for spec's to get down to the rock garden but walking there via some of the other obstacles on the track then getting the bus back is probably a better option.

Have a great day!

• Like 1

Does anybody know if they do family tickets and if so how much? Site says $20 for an adult,kids under 10 free. I wouldn't mind going but i don't really want to pay $80 for myself,missus and 2 young teenage kids.

Look out for these 2 Dirtriderz champions

Mevstar-23

Buzz-94

Buzz I’m glad you finally stepped up from that farm bike

Good luck fellas

• Like 6

Looks like i'm not going. There is a livefeed on the event at wildwoodrock extreme.com which should be good for those who can't get there.
Good luck to mev,buzz and to everybody else competing.

• Like 2

Awesome day out there today. Thanks Mev and Buzz for the invite to hang out pre-race in the pits :) 

Buzz smashed out 5 laps.

Mev was doing well until his bike started to give him issues.

Rage drove 32 hours to get to the race, and then raced it!

A few pics of Buzz. Videos uploading....

IMG_20181104_142411983_BURST000_COVER_TOP.thumb.jpg.362f99d49c784ee7ab838bedf450a6a9.jpg

IMG_20181104_125700269.thumb.jpg.ae5be6731dde19f86811b5fafa447355.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Only videos I took. 

Mev on the mid section of the Log Step Up

Mev on the last section of the Log Step Up (camera makes it loose less steep than it is)

• Like 5

Feeling petty tired after a big day at Wildwood

i had to walk everywhere and stand in the sun all day 

my first time here to spectate and to cheer on Mev and Buzz and also check out the tallent of the pro riders

Caught up with Fab and HT during the day  and got to see some super skilful riders and a lot of crashing and bashing of bikes and riders

A few beers afterwards with Mev. And Buzz and friends  , top day out

A few pics

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 11

Great Pics Chris. You made me feel like I was right there with you :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Some nice pics there fellas also thanks to all DirtriderZ coming out and cheering us on.

Congrats to Buzz in coming 3rd in class pushing out 5 laps top effort the course was extremely tough in sections his flying on new TPI :)

My self little disappointing only managed to pull 2 laps in having bunged the pipe in the first lap lost lot time in pits trying to bend pipe back into place then only to have the Fan die on me in middle of second lap

engine just kept over heating managed to get a finish. Well that's racing will push to do better next year hopefully we mite see some new DirtriderZ contestants out at Wildwood next year.:D

• Like 9

I went down with few mates to watch it and have some beers , was an awesome day especially seeing Wade young doing the hills and rock garden . He did that fender bender hill pinned in 3rd gear hit the lip and cleared like 20ft of the hill in the air lol - looked unreal
Well done Mev & Buzz got a vid of Mev doing fender bender hill with a right clean run up the middle on the pegs
And one of Young doing the rock garden

• Like 7