1 1
eagle

Oakleigh Trials day

Turned up @ the club grounds & met Ghost Rider, after he talked to the club President we organised for him to have a ride around, it cost $15 for a day membership & insurance.

First he rode a state of the art Honda TLR 250, next he rode a TRS 2018 250 & then a 2015 Gas Gas 300, he started off a bit wonky but after a few tips from the Pres he looked pretty good, and i think the Bloke with the NEW TRS didn't think he would get too ride his bike ;)

Hope you had a good day mate, now that the Trails are getting a bit dusty i will probably be getting down there a bit on Sundays & the odd Thursday night, so if anybody else is thinking of going there send me a message & we can meet Up, i see Con Thermos is a supervisor Cup weekend so maybe he would be good to get some tips off ?

• Like 8

Thanks Brian for the invite yesterday , spent about 3 hours there talking , looking and riding .

The site offers terrain and obstacles from beginner to advanced with limitless combinations to keep you entertained and progressing.

First up on Brian's Honda  250 four stroke , took a little to get used to drum brakes and cable operated ,gave the hands a bit of a workout. Basically putted around on the gravely slopes learning where the torque and traction was.

The 2018 TRS  2T was something I felt comfortable on straight away , soft suspension lower pegs and wicked brakes 

I was able to do some logs this time (not as big as what i can do on my KTM 300)  the compression and spring you get is fantastic on these bikes.

Balancing and slow riding was easy and I felt I could almost come to a stop before the log and then pretend (attempt ) to zap up it.

Something I have been unable to do on the enduro bike is endo and lift the rear wheel across to another position .

On this bike it was very easy , lightweight , suspension and good brakes makes such a difference 

Thanks Brian and to the members that let me have a go of their bikes 

I went home and started to tell Wendy what I got up to .

It went like this 

Me ,   I went to the Oakleigh trials club today for a look

Wendy ,    THE ANSWER IS NO!

Guess I will have to work on that one

Anyway , the club is great.

Image result for 2018 trs trials bikes

• Like 9

You can tell Wendy it's the Gentleman's motorcycle sport, & they meet every Thursday night, & there will NO Goats sacrificed :)

• Like 2

@eagle Does the club offer use of their bikes? I don't have a trials bike but would be interested in going with my son if a bike is available...

55 minutes ago, TRAILZ said:

@eagle Does the club offer use of their bikes? I don't have a trials bike but would be interested in going with my son if a bike is available...

The club does have a Beta hire bike, or as GR found out there's usually some club member who will lend you there bike.

I know if Rocky is there he will lend you his Gas Gas 300 !

5 minutes ago, TRAILZ said:

@eagle is there a fee?

It's $15 to ride for the day, i'm not sure what the fee is for the Beta, GR could tell you exactly how much, but as i said there's usually someone who will let you ride there bike.

5 hours ago, TRAILZ said:

About $50 to borrow the Beta trials bike

Trailz.

let me know if you head down there, as I live ten mintes from the track. I will come down to check it out

cheers 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lindon said:

Trailz.

let me know if you head down there, as I live ten mintes from the track. I will come down to check it out

cheers 

I'm pretty sure i'll get there this Sunday ;)

• Like 1

@eagle will you be riding or watching?

I'm pretty sure i'll get there this Sunday

1 hour ago, TRAILZ said:

@eagle how was ya ride day?

I didn't end up going, i had to put some fences up to stop the Horses shitting on my MX track, i did have a play around on some logs & rocks i had @ home though