4 4
LucasB

Dissa blast & BBQ

1 hour ago, Sink said:

Just watched Marko’s video. Awesome footage  

I observed Buzz having a very good go at 3rd gear hill and was just curious. 

How did he go leading the level 2 ride and was just wondering if anyone made it up or if they all had to have 3 or 4 goes at it? 

Top effort Buzz by the way, you nearly got half way up. Just awesome. 

Can’t wait to one day give it a crack  looks epic. Those level 3 guys made it look easy ay!

My wife just said Buzz was taking the wrong lines - I must bring her next time so she can show us all the correct line and how its done - should be entertaining

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Cruiser you might have been burn't on the legs protecting your coffee water on the fire! I think I'm trying to say thanks for cooking on Dans you beaut BBQ, but be careful next time please! We need you up and riding as your great for banter. Also thanks goes out to Cluffies family for cooking and organising a feed when we got back.

• Like 8

This was my first ride with the dirtriderZ crew and must say it was great how well the ride flowed (lvl 3) and the variety of tracks. A big thanks to the lead and sweep riders, Dusty, Rider, Hoff and 1 other guy, sorry didn't catch your name. Great pics and video by Marko, hope you're ok after that decent hit. 

Thanks to the guys that organised the ride and the bbq after, also for me it was good to catch up with some blokes I know outside of dirtriderZ and meet a bunch of friendly people who just enjoy riding dirt bikes.

• Like 14

Big thanks to Coggs, 2t4me amd Buzz for for leading the rides and thank you to everyone else who chipped in with the cooking and stuff, these rides are great and wouldn't happen without you.

I had some good fun on Coggs's lvl2 ride, good tracks, good crew and the ride was flowing well. Dazzas battery was a bit of a fizzer, very lucky we got that thing out asap with no damage done to the new steed and good to see a modern dirt bike that will still run without a battery.

After having a long break from riding it was great to get out and catch up with everyone and enjoy a few beers after the ride.

• Like 15

1 hour ago, dazzrmx said:

My wife just said Buzz was taking the wrong lines - I must bring her next time so she can show us all the correct line and how its done - should be entertaining

I tried all four lines on 3rd gear hill , that was defenatly the hardest

(1 guy had atleast 10 atempts :figo-01:) . The left was like a chicken  track 

• Like 4

I tried all four lines on 3rd gear hill , that was defenatly the hardest
(1 guy had atleast 10 atempts :figo-01:) . The left was like a chicken  track 

Your attempt on the hardest line ( right side ) when you nearly flipped it , but saved it without putting a foot on the ground and making it to the top was sensational
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Gypsy501 said:

Your attempt on the hardest line

Was a fluke :sudore-01:

• Like 3

Thanks to everyone who attended yesterday i think the day was a great success. Special thanks goes to Gypsy Buzz Dusty and Cruiser for their efforts with the organisation.

There hasn't been any rain at Dissa for 3 weeks or longer in the lead up to this ride, it was very dry dusty and powdery out on the trails.

19 riders started on the level 2 ride and 3 people having to retire early with bike problems.

Thanks to Macca Dan and 99% for sweep duties, at one point we got mixed up with the level 3 group and we both had a cornerman on the same corner pointing in different directions which made things a little confusing but it all worked out. 

The boys in blue were checking us for license and rego with no problems there we all met that requirement.

The rain held off for the ride but set in about 4pm, we had a few gazebos set up which were great shelter, Riders BBQ hotplate is a ripper, Cruiser i cant believe you got blisters on your legs from cooking! My BBQ was struggling to cook not sure whats wrong with it, its worked well previously.

Thanks to Buzz and Chris for bringing firewood,we had a decent fire going pumping out some heat which was nice between rain showers.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the BBQ with meat drinks and fruit, with 50 riders in attendance for the day no one went home hungry.

Dusty i know you were dissapointed there were no vegie burgers for you! you'll have to BYO next year. 

Dissa is a great place to ride it has something for everyone whether you are level 1 or 4

catch you on the next one!

• Like 17

Thanks to everyone who attended yesterday i think the day was a great success. Special thanks goes to Gypsy Buzz Dusty and Cruiser for their efforts with the organisation.
There hasn't been any rain at Dissa for 3 weeks or longer in the lead up to this ride, it was very dry dusty and powdery out on the trails.
19 riders started on the level 2 ride and 3 people having to retire early with bike problems.
Thanks to Macca Dan and 99% for sweep duties, at one point we got mixed up with the level 3 group and we both had a cornerman on the same corner pointing in different directions which made things a little confusing but it all worked out. 
The boys in blue were checking us for license and rego with no problems there we all met that requirement.
The rain held off for the ride but set in about 4pm, we had a few gazebos set up which were great shelter, Riders BBQ hotplate is a ripper, Cruiser i cant believe you got blisters on your legs from cooking! My BBQ was struggling to cook not sure whats wrong with it, its worked well previously.
Thanks to Buzz and Chris for bringing firewood,we had a decent fire going pumping out some heat which was nice between rain showers.
Thanks to everyone who contributed to the BBQ with meat drinks and fruit, with 50 riders in attendance for the day no one went home hungry.
Dusty i know you were dissapointed there were no vegie burgers for you! you'll have to BYO next year. 
Dissa is a great place to ride it has something for everyone whether you are level 1 or 4
catch you on the next one!

Everything you said Coggs, thanks so much to everyone for a great ride and great social event in the off road community. Met some new riders and caught up with some older members over a snag and one too many beers.
I have some footage to post when my brain and liver recover from the weekend and I work out my new gopro.
  • Like 10

15 hours ago, Sink said:

Just watched Marko’s video. Awesome footage  

I observed Buzz having a very good go at 3rd gear hill and was just curious. 

How did he go leading the level 2 ride and was just wondering if anyone made it up or if they all had to have 3 or 4 goes at it? 

Top effort Buzz by the way, you nearly got half way up. Just awesome. 

Can’t wait to one day give it a crack  looks epic. Those level 3 guys made it look easy ay!

I think I’ve got a 3 week stint in the reserves coming up

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Absolutely a brilliant day out with all you guys. 

Was so good catching up with you lot but not enough time have a chat with everyone unfortunately 

The ride was awesome and I was super impressed  seeing the skills of these lvl 4 riders launching off logs and nailing hills like I had never seen before, wow they were good.

Buzz thanks for leading this awesome loop you’ve got and taking me to the widow maker for the first time . (got my name on the hall of shame list but)

big thanks to all that contributed to makin it a bloody great Good Friday 

D1E7C300-9941-4A30-AD3F-7FA467D8C8F1.jpeg

F5D959B7-E437-455C-B17C-9B8CDC5507C3.jpeg

53EFE241-5CDE-4F1B-9A2C-F54781BBF185.jpeg

6B1DFB37-B050-485E-A616-624323E5A842.jpeg

8D6A0421-B499-4FA3-83F9-6AE421B6CE55.jpeg

463F7EF4-57CF-49A8-9394-8A3B0FD7578A.jpeg

• Like 14

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 1:31 PM, rwcfrank said:

I did hear an early departure got done for no headlight but that hasn't been confirmed.

Confirmed. Headlight was on but damaged and not working. I was polite and good natured as always with Mr Plod but was thinking this guy is a f....w.... He had some odd ideas about swingarm chain guards and what would happen if you broke down in the bush without a working headlight. He didn't check if the bike was stolen but running a legit plate; reinforcing my pet theory the best way not to get hassled / caught in this state is to be a crook or gang member.

Oh well, defect notice (no fine) and a trip to VicRoads required.

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 1:13 PM, TRAILZ said:

BearMX is heading back our way... he too had fun with his gal and forgot to cap his clutch cover.

Was actually the oil filler cap; it went missing during the ride (initially thought I must have forgotten to tighten it but since I'd done a decent ride at Neerim and washed it since I'd last serviced it I don't think this was likely). My theory is the quality Motul 10W60 full synthetic oil was pissed at having to slum it in a KTM and was trying to make its escape. Good oil must like Jap bikes though as I've never had an issue in this regard in over 30 years. When I got back to the car it seems the fork oil and radiator louvre had the same thoughts and had absconded as well.

• Like 8

OK - went through electrical this afternoon, all good besides a bit of corrosion on some electrical connectors and battery shot(what the f, bike 12 months old, battery few months old) I love my old girl even more !! If only the RMX had a red button. 

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, dazzrmx said:

OK - went through electrical this afternoon, all good besides a bit of corrosion on some electrical connectors and battery shot(what the f, bike 12 months old, battery few months old) I love my old girl even more !! If only the RMX had a red button. 

rmx all the way mate  

• Like 4

First Dirtriderz ride for me but will not be my last.  I enjoyed a great L2 ride lead by Coggs and swept by Dan, 99 percent and Macca.  Was a great loop and a great group of 19 riders.  Great variety of tracks that flowed well other than a couple of bike issues after short rest breaks.

Was great to meet a number of people I have seen on the forum. 

Thanks to Coggs, 2T4me and Buzz for leading the rides and to everyone involved in organising the great day.

IMG_2722.jpg

• Like 13

Awesome ride,thanks heaps to all crew that organised this.A special thanks to Dusty for leading the level 3 ride which for the amount of riders flowed very well with everyone riding consistently and at a nice pace, and rider for being a great sweep.Plenty of challenges ,the creek sections where mad,along with some cool hills and nice tight tracks.Thanks to the Hoff for cracking me up all day as well,i love a laugh on a good ride ,makes it an excellent ride.Thanks Marko for being camera man and i hope your thighs ok for your marathon next week mate,you definately left your mark on it bud.Cruiser i hope you enjoyed the bbq"d Pepperoni over the vegie burgers there aswell champ.Cool bunch of blokes to ride with and cant wait for the next one.cheers.

• Like 10

What can I say but we’ll done to all involved from the lead riders to the sweeps to the chiefs and to everyone who brought something along it was great to see the dirtriderz spirit alive. 

It was great to catch up with everyone after the ride and have a beer and listen to the stories from the rides on the day and just good to be around so many that enjoy the sport. 

I decided to challenge myself and let buzz lead me around his backyard hats off mate what a great loop had my heart rate beating flat out all day just found my place in the pack tried to pick my lines and save energy at all times didn’t really talk to much was trying to survive happy that I got  through all day with out holding anyone up. 

Definitely enjoyed watching the boys have a crack at the window maker and empresed by the guys strength to man handle there bikes on a hill that most couldn’t stand on .

At the moment really enjoying the riding I’m doing but starting to understand if u want to ride with the big boys fitness is the key.

All in all another great ride with great bunch of people good to see so many make the effort can’t wait for the next one. 

• Like 11

That battery was absolute cheap crap mate and was a bit of a shifty/shitter done by the seller imo. I could never sell a bike like that but many do. Carma is a bitch you know.
Get a good battery,keep it charged and you'll be fine. If you can spare the bucks a kickstarter kit would be well worth it and your stress levels will thank you.
  • Like 10

Thanks Dusty , Gypsi for organising an awesome ride
The lev 3 ride was great , flowed really well for a large group and tracks , hills ect where epic !
My 2 mates also said thanks ( josh n bev )
Hopefully bev will get his clutch sorted and they’ll be joining us on more rides
Thanks also to the sweeps dan / josh / hoff
Few pictures I got ... Cruiser got in on a few lol

• Like 9