1 1
Ghost Rider

Hillclimb

There are 2 walls at Wombat, there is the Wombat east Wall and the Wombat west Wall, most people know the Wombat east Wall near Carrols lane unloading area, this is the Wombat west Wall , have you done this one Hewy?

Na gypsy I don't think I have, it doesn't have 2 hills beside it does it ?

Na gypsy I don't think I have, it doesn't have 2 hills beside it does it ?

Nah mate it’s one hill on its own, the one your thinking of is from the Macedon side of Wombat.

16 hours ago, Gypsy501 said:

Nah mate it’s one hill on its own, the one your thinking of is from the Macedon side of Wombat.

Cross the creek, little technical track that leads you to this beast, the run up area there is a sinkhole or drain?

• Like 2

Cross the creek, little technical track that leads you to this beast, the run up area there is a sinkhole or drain?

Yes that’s the one, have you got up or know anyone that has?
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Gypsy501 said:

Yes that’s the one, have you got up or know anyone that has?

We tried:D!!!

I've never gotten past the point where you have to turn left, a mate managed to get towards that ledge on that LHS 3/4 up but his bike decided it wanted airtime but l have never physically witnessed anyone getting up (is there a track that gets you down this hill?).

For those who like to give it a crack...this is the possibly the best vid that shows how difficult it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hryPXJxHz3k&ab_channel=FixxyDirtrider

• Like 5

Good vid of the hill. I personally had never seen the other side of the log so was good to see that.

They were giving it a fairly good crack in what looked like good conditions. She is a tough climb for sure.

• Like 3

if my memory serves me correctly I reckon Habs took Cam and the Roostin Films boys there one day - there'd probably be some good footage from that...

found it - the conditions certainly were not kind that day.... watch till the end

• Like 9