Gypsy501

WARNING- Racv Don’t Insurer Rec Rego Bikes Anymore

On 8/19/2018 at 3:21 PM, J-man said:

Last Thursday I insured a YZ with RACV (was with Shannons) as they were $100 cheaper. Asked 'Ol mate on the phone if Rec reg was OK and he said Yes and took my money. Gave him all the details and the Rec Reg number didn't raise any alarm bells at his end...

I'll call again tomorrow to double check

I just rang RACV and they said not covered for my Berg. I have to send them an email to prove when I changed over to rec reg and they will back date paying back but I would rather the cover as it is cheaper to insure my full reg cost more newer bike!

• Like 2

Can confirm I haven't been covered by RACV for however long they've processed a credit and should know what's happening within 48hrs.

Being 25 years old my premium is always going to be a little higher.

But so far Youi want $49 a month full comp,
Swan full comp $42 or dirt bike $31

• Like 3

Swan and Shannon’s have been good deals so far, youi I didn’t like the fact I would have to pay $1700 Xc in the first 90 days.

• Like 3

On 8/21/2018 at 8:57 AM, Brucie.T said:

Can confirm I haven't been covered by RACV for however long they've processed a credit and should know what's happening within 48hrs.

Being 25 years old my premium is always going to be a little higher.

But so far Youi want $49 a month full comp,
Swan full comp $42 or dirt bike $31 

Unreal, stopped insuring you without telling you.

I wonder how many people have been unfortunately done over by this.

Can't say l'm surprised as had a non-bike related claim with RACV and their conduct was very deceptive. Will never use RACV/IAG again..

• Like 3

have any of you tried QBE this week? any issues / how did they stack up price wise?

coming from someone that has had 2 bikes stolen from their house i strongly recomend going with Shannons. Extreemly happy with their service and pricing

• Like 3

Youi $310 per year market value REC reg ok full comp, covered in the trailer outside the pub

$1700 XS for the first 90 days fire or theft , I didn’t like that.

7 hours ago, dylantopp said:

Youi $310 per year market value REC reg ok full comp, covered in the trailer outside the pubemoji869.png

And road side assistance lol 

Those who have been affected by the RACV bullshit should complain to the insurance ombudsman.

Get the issue on the radar. Might save some poor bugger losing it all.

It's a bit rich to take money for a policy that they will not pay out on.

• Like 6

+1 to above, ive had to deal with the telecomunications ombudsman recently and found them fantastic.

its bad enough to have something of yours get stolen but then to have insurance not pay out makes a bad situation much worse. not sure if what RACV is doing is illegal but at the very least its extreemly poor service and shouldnt be allowed

• Like 1

On 8/23/2018 at 6:19 AM, Geoffyboy said:

It's a bit rich to take money for a policy that they will not pay out on.

Couldn't find anything relevant in the PDS. I am lost as to why everyone in this situation wouldn't get a refund for the period of non-cover. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

• Like 1

Go straight to the financial ombudsman. You fill out a form online in 5 mins and they have to resolve it through the ombudsman. It so much better than spending time on the phone talking to people who don't have the authority to help you anyway. You'll always get a better result through official dispute resolution than on the phone.

• Like 3

I had to hear it with my own ears. Not covered. Unbelievable. Seems all a bit to close to what's going on with the banks at the moment re charging for a service not provided.

Consultant provided me with an email care@racv.com.au

Quoting the policy number, I have just sent a written request for a refund for the period of non-cover and will wait and see. 

• Like 2

Received my reimbursement cheque on Friday, all done over the phone directly with RACV.

Even knowing how poor it was on racv's behalf to not be insured and not notified, at least the guy I spoke to wasn't stringing me along. Told me a few days to process the refund and a fortnight from then I'd receive a cheque which happened.

Now I've got about enough $ to go buy myself a new Alpinestars or Airoh stack hat for my birthday lol

• Like 2

Brucie, did you establish with them when the policy changed to no longer cover rec reg vehicles?
My bike is 12 months old and got reimbursed the full years money, so from July 2017 for me.
I was never insured from the day I signed up by the looks of it.
  • Like 2