WARNING- Racv Don’t Insurer Rec Rego Bikes Anymore

Gypsy501

I just found out today as I went to insurer another bike today that RACV from last year stopped insuring Rec Rego bikes and only cover full registration bikes and I was told the bike I have currently insured with them will not be insured if something was to happen.

Not happy at all to know that the last 4 Bikes I had with them would not have been covered .

If you have Rec Rego and are with RACV you will not be insured under no circumstances.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Many other insurance companies want the bikes in an enclosed trailer. so when you guys find the best insurer let us know please.

Yes I came across a few of these loop holes that a lot of guys don’t ask, 1 insurer wouldn’t cover the bike in the back of my Ute. The good thing about RACV was I could leave my bike down Bourke st Mall with no locking or alarm device and the bike was fully covered.
Another insurer wouldn’t cover me if I was in the bush camping and the bike got knocked off while I was sleeping.
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Scottland said:

Just paid $280 with racv, but obviously full rego

If going with youi .... make sure you read the policy carefully.

I have youi atm. Seems to be too good to be true. I dont trust insurance companies as they are out to shaft you. Anything particular with youi you have noticed in the policy?

It might be worth paying more for rego but less for insurance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lusk said:

I have youi atm. Seems to be too good to be true. I dont trust insurance companies as they are out to shaft you. Anything particular with youi you have noticed in the policy?

It might be worth paying more for rego but less for insurance.

Had some dealings with them in June, not impressed.

• Like 3

Can't remember what I'm paying buylt I have an agreed payout full comp policy with QBE... When I did it a few years back now they were the best I could find from a whole policy perspective (not solely price based)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Last Thursday I insured a YZ with RACV (was with Shannons) as they were $100 cheaper. Asked 'Ol mate on the phone if Rec reg was OK and he said Yes and took my money. Gave him all the details and the Rec Reg number didn't raise any alarm bells at his end...

I'll call again tomorrow to double check

• Like 1

Last Thursday I insured a YZ with RACV (was with Shannons) as they were $100 cheaper. Asked 'Ol mate on the phone if Rec reg was OK and he said Yes and took my money. Gave him all the details and the Rec Reg number didn't raise any alarm bells at his end...
I'll call again tomorrow to double check

You better ring tomorrow mate , get them to make sure.

Yeah the RACV wouldn't insure my new rec rego bike. Went with Yamaha insurance for now, bike is supposedly meant to be in an enclosed trailer. I haven't had time to check out other policies yet, it was around $370 but it's not full comp. They will pay if my bike is stolen full purchase price, not sure if that's one or 2 years. Then half the cost of my repairs if I damage my bike. So I'm waiting for someone to find the best insurance for Me. Dusty I will have to check out QBE.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gypsy501 said:

Yep RACV changed there policy last year and didn’t notify any of there customers.emoji35.png

is that even legal to do that without cancelling the policy as they breech the agreement of what they insured ?

• Like 2