4 4
Pepperjack

Thanks to the Ride Leaders and Sweeps

I've ridden ADV a LOT .. and whilst I love it(!) one thing I love more about Dirt Bikes is how social it is, how supportive riders are (getting up that hard hill) and how many rides are organized each weekend. All too often we take Ride leaders AND Sweeps for granted so lets take a moment to thank our Fav ride leaders. 

for me..

1. big thanks to @IanM he's been like my coach and friend, always inviting me to join him and Scott etc. 
  2. Jeff from Torquay (aka Mr Pink). Such a nice and helpful guy, always up for a ride and knows LOADS of tracks. 
  3. @Bear - often organizing rides - good rides, well planned and no stupid stuff beyond the level of the riders.

I don't recall the sweeps (sorry) but they're super handy and, lets be honest.. it's always nice to know they're following along and there to help if you get in the sh!t !

Take a moment to thank your fav ride leaders gents, they deserve a hand :bandierabianca-01:

• Like 11

Yeah I will get in on this.

@Husky310 Is a great leader mixing up the trails so its a different ride every time you go out with him

@2t4me Also a champion of leaders. catering for the masses on dirtriderz

@rob Is my favorite sweep. track knowledge anda helping hand when you need it most

@Greasa15 Showing his salts down Hazelwood way with countless hours of reco work to put some great tracks together for many different levels.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

[mention=720]Husky310[/mention] Is a great leader mixing up the trails so its a different ride every time you go out with him
[mention=311]2t4me[/mention] Also a champion of leaders. catering for the masses on dirtriderz
[mention=4954]rob[/mention] Is my favorite sweep. track knowledge anda helping hand when you need it most
[mention=4578]Greasa15[/mention] Showing his salts down Hazelwood way with countless hours of reco work to put some great tracks together for many different levels.
I need to get on one of those Hazelwood rides...
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, cruiser said:

@Husky310 Is a great leader mixing up the trails so its a different ride every time you go out with him

@2t4me Also a champion of leaders. catering for the masses on dirtriderz

@rob Is my favorite sweep. track knowledge anda helping hand when you need it most

@Greasa15 Showing his salts down Hazelwood way with countless hours of reco work to put some great tracks together for many different levels.

thanks mate - havent been much of a leader of late.... but both basketball seasons are coming to an end so will hopefully have a window of riding opening up soon.. untill the next seasons start! (will hopefully avoid a coaching role in the next rep season which will open up sundays with any luck)

I'll jump in and thank a few as well

@mick - the Neerim master - always leads a great ride, knows the place like the back of his hand and I believe is on good terms with the track fairies... even goes above and beyond by checking water crossing depths :ph34r:

@cruiser - leads great rides around Buxton and Big River (inc the occasional Big River camp weekend). his rides are always a blast and great social event. Also happy to sweep as well (also, if you get on a pub ride with him, get him to order your meal - seniors get a good discount!)

@Marko_FE250 - Can always count on a great day with Marko up front in one of the various areas of Wombat

@buzz - The Dissa master (and now Romaniacs legend!) - great ride leader who can and does cater for any ride level (although these days prefers the sadistic stuff) - like Mick he also has a great repore with the local track fairies....

@habs - Mr Goughs Bay.... legendary rides that will leave you in the fetal position at days end

Sweeps:

the good thing about most rides is theres always multiple people that will stick their hands up, but some that come to mind are:

@bayerj - as well as being a cracking sweep he is a certainty to have everyone in stitched during any breaks

@riles - another cracking sweep and all round gentlemen

@Cruiser - as above

@Habs - a great sweep and always up for also being a helper when I post step up rides

@Rob - another great sweep

apologies to anyone I've left off!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Great topic mate it's not often our Leads and Sweeps get the praise they deserve. For me personally it's been an amazing n fun journey to be able to ride with some amazing riderz...

@Bear - has been a great teacher, mentor n mate with an abundance of knowledge. Each ride different and alwayz helped me with any riding tips i have (lol heaps). Would ride anywhere with this bloke! Unbelievable rider!

@dazzrmx - great knowledge alwayz helpful and can ride!

@Trailmaker300 - has some amazing loops and fun to ride with!

@TBRider - what a sweep... second to none mate!

@Habs - seen me from humble beginnings and lead some great L1 to L2 rides

@Mevstar - still having a laugh together about my first hill!

@beeaye - always helpful willing to help anytime!

@Scottland - really enjoyed riding out his back yard! Creswick...

@Andy350 - fun rides great laughs!

@MrNoodle - awesome rides at all rides willing to help!

@PeteV - saw me in the beginning and still helping me along looking out for me!

@cobraone - your lal lal and Enfield rides are legendary!

@KennyB - we've had some rippa rides! Top bloke!

@Bad Badger - top bloke alwayz helpful!

@Gypsy501 - helpful alwayz.. learnt alot!

@fab - great rides n knowledge of wombat enjoyed your skill rides and assistance sweeping!

@Pudmud - alwayz helpful and explains things clearly!

@hoff300 - what can i say the bloke can ride and alwayz willing to help!

@Monski - the bloke can ride! Has some rippa jokes!

@egg cr500 - has lead some epic tallarook rides and a great bloke!

@Lindon- great bloke alwayz helpful and funny as!

@markr74 - amazing bloke.. can ride! Was with me when i first began putt putt putting along. Helped me heaps and genuinely appreciate it!

@cruiser - has helped me along the journey so far and always willing to stop for assistance!

@ohmygewd - been a while since i rode with ya mate! Thanks for your support!

@Dakota - top bloke... definitely took me outta my comfort zone off his property at cobaw!

@coggs - great bloke... enjoyed your step up rides at Dissa mate!

@bombdiggitytothemax - enjoyed ya toolangi ride mate! Where ya been hiding?

Sooo many others i could mention that haven't lead or swept a ride but alwayz willing to lend a hand... @sg67 @Mick8487 @Trunks i know I've missed alot more.

Big thanks for all your support for leading, sweeping and helping out... for the passion we have of... dirt riding!

• Like 11

Thanks for the mention Trialz.

Biggest thanks goes to the track fairies who sacrifice hours not riding to give us new tracks to explore.

Speaking of fairies, Mr Goldmines @centralVic more than deserves a shout out. 

• Like 2

Very kind words Trailz as ive been of the bike for over 2 yrs now im confident next year ill have another bike to start all over again

• Like 1

Fair thread.

I think there are a heap more leads and sweeps that have not been mentioned, some of which have probably come and gone when it comes to the forum. But either way, we are grateful for everybody's contributions.

A forum without  rides and content, is simply not a forum.

• Like 4

Agree,we have been blessed with some great lead riders over the years.
Thanks to all for their hard work,time and patience,much appreciated by myself.
Also a big cheer for all the riders that support our leaders by attending the rides and respecting their loops.

• Like 6