2 2
Blowe

Whom to go too for suspension set up

Hey guys, I have a 2015 FE350 and want to get the suspension set up for my weight as I'm a big guy. Whom do you recommend on the east side of Melbourne. I know Chads a sponsor of owes but as he's in Geelong it's just to far away. 

spmx, I've also seen a few with trac rite on their forks.

I'd talk to both about what you want and go from there.

• Like 1

Geelong is not that far away from you mate.

Maybe even get a couple of quotes then give the Chad a call..

• Like 1

I always tell people to go to Steve @ SPMX in Carrum Downs, he is great with WP suspension !

• Like 1

Thanks guys, I'll call around on Monday, I've heard a few good things about I guy in Seville dirt works, anyone been to him ?

I went to dirt works. Then drove to Kyneton and got Anthony at Choice to fix them.

• Like 2

I used https://suspensionsrus.com.au in Seaford recently. My front forks felt harsh and it was time to get the rear shock serviced so I took them to Izzy@SuspensionsRUS.

Izzy advised that the front fork bushes whilst they looked OK had lost most of their teflon coating. Now the front forks are plush and there is no more stiction.

It's always good to get your bike correctly sprung and the sag setup for your weight and to service the suspension regularly.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gypsy501 said:

4CS forks , oh no emoji86.png good luck bro.

There all going to tell you they can fix them.

Hahaha I know, I never new before buying the bike. Fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

Hahaha I know, I never new before buying the bike. Fingers crossed. 

Same as me mate, I send mine to 3 different suspension guys with no luck. My advice mate don’t waste to much money with them because you will be heartbroken.

Just had mine done at SPMX, it made the world of difference to the bike.. Supporting a forum sponsor would be ideal but Geelong was way too far for me... SPMX were very professional and did an amazing job.... Definitely recommend them.

• Like 1

Geelong isn't that far and North Geelong is even closer! Will be dropping off my bike to Chad hopefully this week if I can find a few minutes one morning. I loved what he did to my Fe350

12 hours ago, p_edge said:

I used https://suspensionsrus.com.au in Seaford recently. My front forks felt harsh and it was time to get the rear shock serviced so I took them to Izzy@SuspensionsRUS.

Izzy advised that the front fork bushes whilst they looked OK had lost most of their teflon coating. Now the front forks are plush and there is no more stiction.

It's always good to get your bike correctly sprung and the sag setup for your weight and to service the suspension regularly.

Wow, do you know what fork oil was in the forks?

On 8/11/2018 at 5:44 PM, Geoffro said:

Geelong is not that far away from you mate.

Maybe even get a couple of quotes then give the Chad a call..

9 hours ago, MrNoodle said:

Geelong isn't that far and North Geelong is even closer! Will be dropping off my bike to Chad hopefully this week if I can find a few minutes one morning. I loved what he did to my Fe350

Geelong is too far for some...................Noodle hit the nail on the head when he says he will drop his bike off IF he can find a few minutes one morning.

And that is the point. The time involved to drive somewhere during office hours make a simple exercise an effort. 

I understand this because I used to drive to Geelong to get my bike serviced by Road and River. But it became totally impractical and quite a challenge to get there and back so had to find someone closer.

I drove to Kyneton to get my forks done. Cost me a day plus, hanging around for them to be finished. Its not simply the fact that they are only an hour or so up the road.

• Like 2

I bet Kyneton  would be a longer drive for most.

Anyway, we try and look after a forum sponsor before or instead of plugging other suspension tuners..

What we will be will be

Just now, Geoffro said:

I bet Kyneton  would be a longer drive for most.

Anyway, we try and look after a forum sponsor before or instead of plugging other suspension tuners..

What we will be will be

Totally understand this concept and I fully agree with you on this.

And yes Kyneton was a commitment and a long way from me. Dirt works is up the road.

8 hours ago, BearMX said:

Wow, do you know what fork oil was in the forks?

5W. Standard I believe.

5 hours ago, p_edge said:

5W. Standard I believe.

Thanks for the reply, any chance you know what brand? - I was actually thinking whatever it was I'd want to avoid it.

1 hour ago, BearMX said:

Thanks for the reply, any chance you know what brand? - I was actually thinking whatever it was I'd want to avoid it.

The fork oil wasn't the problem. It was the mud and crud from 5,000km of riding wearing out the bushes...

• Like 1

It's easy enough to pull your forks off the bike, and pack and send to Chad's Off Road - sent mine on a Monday, Chad said maybe before the weekend, had them back on Friday morning. His work is spot-on and gives no-bullshit advice about mods and setup. Cheers, Simon j.

• Like 1