1 1
Pepperjack

Sweet as GPS with offline maps free.!

So I decided to get a brand new rugged (IP68) android phone. Blackview is the brand. Cost me about $180 delivered. No need for Sim ..use wifi to phone hotspot if required but not need as all maps are offline using LocusMaps.

Was using a ram mount but just changed to quadlock..let's see how that goes.!

The ram mount worked quite well but was a bit bulky for my liking.

• Like 6

That looks good. I usually track my rides with Runkeeper as it is easy enough for me to work out.

Can you explain what I need to download to use Locusmaps with my phone and get those maps. They look good.

Google Play > locus maps.

Easy

There is a pro version which has no ads...well worth it.

There is no iPhone equivalent or anything like it. If you have an iPhone...buy a cheap android to use just for maps. I don't know how carmine and Tom Tom are still in business when you come late costs and features.

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 10:43 PM, Pepperjack said:

So I decided to get a brand new rugged (IP68) android phone. Blackview is the brand. Cost me about $180 delivered. No need for Sim ..use wifi to phone hotspot if required but not need as all maps are offline

Which model and where did you get it?

Do you need a special license to drive all that kit? Arksing for a friend.

Haha . So the story goes like this..

- the spot tracker..set n forget.
- the BMW GPS... useless (Garmin crappy unit) ..just got it because is reads info from the bike ..speed, temps etc. $1100 ... robbery! Never again
- the unit top let is my main phone ... Before I got back into dirt bikes...I would use locus maps on that. Galaxy note 8.
- got the blackview BV8000s because it is rugged and cheap and Android..locus maps.

If I had my time over .I wouldn't have got the framing GPS with the bike..and the blackview Android phone would be where the Garmin is.

Easy