AJL

New here...

Hello fellow dirt bike riders...

i am new here and I wish to understand how your bike riding level/grading works?

Just so I can work out where I fit, as I wish to ride with new people on new tracks..

thanks in advance.

Ajl.... 

• Like 2

Start with telling us where you currently ride?

How often you ride.

Terrain and tracks you enjoy most.

Then We can direct you to your first ride. And you can take it from there.

Failing that we can go into lengthy detail telling you how the grading system works.

Or direct you to the thread that has a couple of vids in it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AJL said:

Hello fellow dirt bike riders...

i am new here and I wish to understand how your bike riding level/grading works?

Just so I can work out where I fit, as I wish to ride with new people on new tracks..

thanks in advance.

Ajl.... 

Hello and welcome to the forum. Have a look at the grading levels and then go on a ride 1 level below what you think you are. I'm running a level 1 (beginner to dirt ride) on the 19th August with a lunchtime level 2 blast. I might be doing up to Level 3 when this finishes for an hour or so.

Your welcome to come along and see for yourself. There will be plenty of people to meet with varied experience. 

Cheers

• Like 1

Hi there..

thanks for the responces... 

i ride a KTM 350 excf 2017. Been on it for over a year now. I ride every 2-3 weeks at least. I have done rides with the Aussie dirtbike tours & Haasle free tours too. They tell me my level is Intermediate to advanced!?

i have made new riding buddies through these tours rides, which is great!

so I heard you grade your riders/ride so you are riding with riders at a similar level. Great idea I believe!

hence my interest in you site & ride... I have done training days with Tim Coleman and I have practiced on a trials bike to improve my enduro ride ability, and I am loving being back on the bike after a 20 year break....

what grading would give me then?

At least level 2 and maybe 3. Won't know till you ride with us. I'm around 2+. Can do some level 3 stuff but not confident with logs. I ride tight tracks usually but giving climbs and logs a go. Late starter on dirt bike but rode road often. I'd say jump on a level 2 or 2+ ride before a 3 as if  your out of your depth you may hurt yourself or others. 

There's a hill only 500mt from where I park. If you can make it up their your def l3.

• Like 1

Jump on a 2+ ride . If your a better rider in the group, find it all to easy and want a harder ride with fewer breaks jumps on the next L3 . Other riders will give you feedback also . Cheers Pete