simonj

Yarram Enduro 2018

Looks like the Yarram Enduro (Rounds 10 & 11 VORC Series) has been cancelled. What a pity, was a great event last year...Anyone know what happened?

Wondering if it was too much for the Yarram club, or were there legal problems or land access problems... I know they only just got it over the line last year with a lot of hard work...

Cheers, Simon J.

I heard that it cost them to much last year the allowance basically only covered the road management, blew out on permits ect.

It's a shame that was a ripper last year!

• Sad 1

Yea it was great ! I only did the Saturday, but had a ball. 235km! Bought a heap of people and money to the town too, so a pity for everyone... cheers, Simon j.

Yeah I did both days was a very sore man afterwards.

I actually sent a email to the committee recently about getting merchandise made up for the series like other states do, the profits from that alone would cover all costs for that and some.

Would be good to see it back on the 2019 schedule.

Its becoming a problem for clubs to secure propertys to run offroad racing. Alot of extra costs and time obtaining permits. The public whinging about the noise and extra traffic on roads to and from the venue is always a thorn in our sides. Venues are getting further and further away,sometimes 3,4 or 5 hrs one way.

Yep, "NIMBY" - not in my back yard.... 

Good effort BrucieT - there were plenty of fit young guys laying around exhausted at the end of day 1....

Spewin’ it was cancelled. Just cancelled my accomodation this morning. Last year was awesome fun. Best form of Offroad racing I think, and both me and the bike were sore and tired at the end of 2 days. Looking at doing the A4DE next year.

Spewin’ it was cancelled. Just cancelled my accomodation this morning. Last year was awesome fun. Best form of Offroad racing I think, and both me and the bike were sore and tired at the end of 2 days. Looking at doing the A4DE next year.
Any idea of where the 4 day will be mate

On 7/30/2018 at 12:34 PM, Brucie.T said:
On 7/30/2018 at 12:03 PM, Bushyaz said:

Any idea of where the 4 day will be mate

The last I heard, they were talking about Batemans Bay.

• Like 1