2 2
fab

"Spin Hill" - Spring hill 14 Jul

Track conditions looked perfect; it was a bright clear Winter's day. But it was a deception; the ground slippery like clay.

The sun in your eyes as you climbed a hill. Slippery logs lying dormant; waiting to take your front wheel. 

Lucky for me; on the ride was an able group. Cujo was sweep; ready to help you over a slippery root. 

A bit of exploring; new tracks were found. We found some new hills; even scary to go down. 

Only one loop was done; as we got back late. Now we all wait in fear; at what CentralVic caught on tape.

• Like 11
  • Haha 2

Nice Rhyme Fab.

Great day out...Just what I needed as I haven't ridden much of late.

About 65 km covered with 7 riders originally but we lost Fixy at the half way mark due to  a gearbox failure with his bike stuck in a high gear.

The hills were a lot of fun........especially as a spectator. 

Thanks gents for a great day of  fun!

• Like 7

i'm sorry to say that i screwed up and there is no video...no, marko didn't slip me $20.00 to "lose it". 

Due to the lack of video evidence i have no choice but to say that everyone rode well, even marko :P

thanks Fab for putting it on and cujo for laughing at all the "helpful" comments i made about other riders, i'm sure they made some about me :rolleyes:

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, centralVic said:

i'm sorry to say that i screwed up and there is no video...no, marko didn't slip me $20.00 to "lose it". 

Not sure if serious?

Not sure if serious?
Afraid so. There was an unrecoverable technical error while I was having a beer or 6
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Big thanks to Fab for posting this ride.

I hadn't been on the bike for 11 weeks so really needed to get out.

White crispy ground was in my view the whole drive and I could see that it was going to be cool and slippery.

Slippery is un understatement as every single log, root, rock were there waiting to attack its prey, waiting for it's next meal.

Spring Hill swallowed my stand spring about half way through, then it dawned on me where we were. I should have known to bring a spare to feed to the hungry "spring hill".

Big thanks to Cujo for sweeping up our mess and big thanks to centralVic for "unrecoverable erroring" our mess.

From all the Fab rides I have been on, this was my pic. Good group, nice tracks.

Cheers n beers,

Brian.

Love you long time.

• Like 4

I didn't slip you $20.00 CentralVic but I did slip you 6 beers, I knew that would work :P.

Thanks Fab for organizing this ride and Cujo for sweeping all day, was slippery out there but still fun. Springhill is always fun and now with few new tracks I didnt do before will get better and better. Till next time boys and yes thanks CentralVic, don`t care what people say about you I still think you are a good bloke :D.

• Like 3