Best *hydraulic* left hand rear brake

Toby_

G’day everyone,

I currently have the “ox-brake” left hand rear brake on my ‘17 Husky TX300.  Its a great mod, but being cable operated, it requires a bit of effort, and lacks the feel and power of a hydraulic set-up.  

So, now I’ve decided to upgrade and install a proper hydraulic left hand rear brake. 

I would appreciate some feedback and opinions on which brand to purchase.  

I have a rekluse clutch, and don’t like the idea of going for a  setup where the clutch and brake lever are combined (like on some of the Clake’s).  I want to keep the current clutch lever, and install a seperate / indepent left brake lever for the rear brake. 

Thanks in advance. 

Cheers, Toby. 

• 2 months later...

Man, I reckon that Clarke gear is gooooood. Take a look at this one, think it is what you want : http://www.clake.com.au/slr/

I would also recommend emailing Clarke..I found them to be very helpful with their advice.

Noting I don't have Clake, but if I do anything on this line of thought, it will be the Clake. My left index finger is missing its end (MTB accident) so that kinda restricts me a little.

Hi pepperjack,

thanns for the feedback mate. I hear a lot of good reports on the clake products. I actually ended up getting a rekluse LHRB kit and fitted it myself (with a little help from a slightly grumpy girlfriend). Really happy with the rekluse product. 

Thanks again! 

• Like 1