3 3
BearMX

Farmers Enduro 6 hour pony express 19 August

With Finke raced and Hattah coming up I thought I'd ask a bit earlier this year; anyone planning / thinking / interested to enter this years farmers enduro?

• Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 7:52 PM, Huski said:

any details ??

Sorry Huski, saw Macka sent a link and didn't rush to reply as well and then I just forgot (must be getting too old)

They still haven't posted much detail for this year (they'll probably post after Hattah is done) but here's a run down from past experience

It's one of the largest races the Northwest Vic club run (the guys that run Hattah) and is more for the club level rider (there's usually a couple of pro riders as well) and has more entries than Hattah.

It's on private property and similar to Hattah terrain (but a different property). Lots of fast sand, a bit of hardpack, sandy trail through treed areas, whoops etc. Usually can get dusty but the laps are probably 30 minutes around for the average racer so the field gets pretty spread out. It's really fun on the gas terrain.

Entries are usually on line (in the past you could enter on the day but I think it'll be on line only).

Run under MA so licences required (one day available at $75?) and transponder (1 per team, can hire for the day at $30?)

There's usually 2 rider and 3 rider senior classes with combined age sub classes (I'm 57 so if I was to enter I'd be looking at classes something like a 3 rider over 120 year combined age class, a 2 rider over 80 year combined age for example)

Once I notice they've posted class details I'll add a link here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh yeah, if there's interest I could do a short vid to give an idea of the track

Hi mate

A video would be great. Have been thinking of doing some sort of team race with a mate or two for a while. Have been trawling youtube for pony express and the like videos for a while. Looks like a tonne of fun. My mates and I wouldn't exactly be classed as fast but it seems like it would be great fun to get out there and have a race.

4 hours ago, Skurfer said:

Hi mate

A video would be great. Have been thinking of doing some sort of team race with a mate or two for a while. Have been trawling youtube for pony express and the like videos for a while. Looks like a tonne of fun. My mates and I wouldn't exactly be classed as fast but it seems like it would be great fun to get out there and have a race.

Hey, I'm an old bloke and there's no shame in not being fast; it's all about twisting the throttle and getting the thrill of riding a motorbike. Everyone has there own personal speed that is exciting to them.

This event is pretty big because it's fun and is not a super serious pro event. There's a huge range of riders from old blokes racing father son (or daughter) class and combined age classes to fast young guns (usually there's only a few of super fast guys that are 5 or 6 minutes a lap faster than the next fastest rider and I swear their wheels hardly touch the ground as they pass you.)

I'll get a short vid done to give an idea. Probably upload it Monday.

Short vid now available. Footage was from my old camera which my editing software refused to load so had to convert but even then couldn't get the audio to work regardless of the filters I tried so no nice engine / exhaust notes on the vid; hopefully my music taste works for you.

Edited by BearMX
video deleted

Ahh, just found it on the dashboard; blocked in some countries; maybe mine works because I've got tracking off?. It says I can erase the audio but it doesn't actually let me delete it. I'll fix it tonight and post again tomorrow.

• Like 1

YouTube is just as bad as my KTM! Yesterday I gave up after over 4 hours loading (for a measly 15% of the vid!). Had plenty of bandwith with an average of over 4MB/sec but YT looked like it didn't want to accept more than a few KB/sec. Today tried again - the upload took around 15 minutes; WTF? Anyway here it is. Btw just went to the old favourites AC/DC - gotta love em and their position on their music!

• Like 7

Hey that's me you pass at the 2.30 min. I'm sure we have had some good battles over the years. Nice video. The race should go the opposite direction this year.
I'm interested just cant commit just yet.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, farmerbrown said:

Hey that's me you pass at the 2.30 min. I'm sure we have had some good battles over the years. Nice video. The race should go the opposite direction this year.
I'm interested just cant commit just yet.

Awesome, what's the odds of that! No problem with committing late; I'm unfussed at this stage (it'll be different if I pull my finger out and get the CRF running).

If they accept entries on the day that'll allow a call to be made late but I think they'll probably go online pre-entry only but again can decide at the time of close off. The first time I rode it there were a couple of people turn up on the day to enter and looking for others to team up with. If I was 30 years younger I'd consider iron man entry.....hmmmm….maybe not.

Sup regs  are posted https://www.northwestvicmcc.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Supp-Regs-2018-Farmers-Pony-Express.pdf

Entries are online only and cutoff is the 15th.

Bad news is I haven't done a thing to get my CRF going and just can't get excited about having to race my KTM again. So unless someone's super keen to team up I'm gonna give it a miss and ride my DR650 instead on Greasa15's Hazelwood ride.

YouTube is just as bad as my KTM! Yesterday I gave up after over 4 hours loading (for a measly 15% of the vid!). Had plenty of bandwith with an average of over 4MB/sec but YT looked like it didn't want to accept more than a few KB/sec. Today tried again - the upload took around 15 minutes; WTF? Anyway here it is. Btw just went to the old favourites AC/DC - gotta love em and their position on their music!

Greatest rock music & band ever & awesome vid , an older fella like me would have bad leg cramps on first lap
  • Thanks 1

Anyone on the forum want to form a 3 person team for this - ridden it before its a hoot. Looks like BearMX is looking for excuses not to ride. Camp at track Sat night.  Race Sunday.  PM me if interested  and see the link already posted for entry details.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm out, gonna do the Hazelwood ride.

This event is a ripper though and the weather forecast is looking absolutely perfect.

You can camp on the property and there's some good campfires to socialize around.

• Like 1