3 3
Pepperjack

Sat 23 Jun : LVL1+ Wombat Area, backtracks to Bendigo.

Greeeeaaat riding today - tracks were amazing, so grippy and pretty much zero dust! On the way back as we got to Lyonville it started to rain ever so lightly making the tracks a 'bit' slimy - certainly kept us on our toes (and one of us on our ass (nothing serious)). It's hard to fathom how many good flowy roads and trails there are up around here. It wasn't till 6.30 that e got home and we started at 9am. With the exception of Lunch at Harcourt we were riding all day with 2 fuel stops. Lunch at Harcourt was very good also - drop into the Trail cafe and see Donna!  

My Fav : Ridge Road and Porcupine Ridge Road plus the little downs like Glenlyon we went through.. the golden triangle is a sweet place to ride - especially when everywhere else is wet.   Total abundance of L1L2 stuff out thisaways (lets say base that around Daylesford/Castlemaine. 

@Mick.T  @Daved @Roger @BearMX @katman

• Like 5

I've got to say this ride was great and just what I needed. Pepperjack put on an epic day (something I've come to expect). The tracks / roads were awesome for this type of ride and had varying levels of grip which made for great fun on the gas (or brakes; yes I managed to cook it in one corner and went bush; got it pulled up safely and then managed to lay it on it's side when I overbalanced when it was stopped).

After too many rides of late on a bike I just don't like getting back on the DR650 was an eye opener having forgotten just how good it is and I even got my enthusiasm back (I was having so much fun I accidentally roosted Dave on one track; I swear it was unintentional). Also had some great side by side riding on the gas with Dave on the dirt. Loved it when the drizzle started and it got dark; haven't done a night ride in decades and it's super exciting cranking through the gears and on the gas when you can't quite see what the surface is like.

Good group of people to ride with and chat with and I was super impressed with the awesome effort on a longer than expected day.

I got home after 7p.m. and nodded off quite a few times while watching the footy and for a change had a good nights sleep. Maybe dirt riding is still fun for me after all.

• Like 7

Lunch at Harcourt...niiiiice

Going around the table left to right clockwise..

1. MickT

2. Katman

3. BearMX (hiding)

4. Keith

5. DaveD

6. Roger

7. me!

d1791f0a5a6cd01db26f085d2eac234c.jpg

• Like 2

Its difficult for me to do much of a report on this ride as i have very little idea where we went.I saw a sign that said Lerderderg forest and later on i saw one that said Wombat forest , i am also pretty sure we had lunch somewhere near Castlemaine.What i know for certain is that i had an awesome day riding in areas totally new to me.Pepperjack did a great job leading us through an endless array of tracks with varying surfaces and grip levels.Great bunch of blokes to ride with and i hope to do it again soon.Also a big thanks to Roger for sweeping.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, katman said:

Its difficult for me to do much of a report on this ride as i have very little idea where we went.I saw a sign that said Lerderderg forest and later on i saw one that said Wombat forest , i am also pretty sure we had lunch somewhere near Castlemaine.What i know for certain is that i had an awesome day riding in areas totally new to me.Pepperjack did a great job leading us through an endless array of tracks with varying surfaces and grip levels.Great bunch of blokes to ride with and i hope to do it again soon.Also a big thanks to Roger for sweeping.

See you next weekend if you can make it mate! 

The tracks were awesome and trust the ride down to O'Briens crossing wasnt too damp for you guys. Had a real blast riding around Lerderderg and Wombat state forrest areas which kept you on your toes and was a blast.

Didnt mind sweeping as  some of us also took things a bit challenging at times and its fun to watch!!!

Cheers Roger BMW F650GS twin....

• Like 1

As an absolute newbie I can’t imagine a better first time out. It was awesome. Pepperjack’s organising and leading, Roger making sure we didn’t get left behind and the rest of the lads were just great. Had the flexibility to ride at a pace that suited each’s skill level and desire while at the same time all enjoying the experience.  The variety of trails and surfaces was ideal for me. Like katman, all I knew was a general idea of were I was and having a blast. 

It was an epic for sure. I left home at 8 am and back at around 7PM - 410 km - not bad for first ride. 

(Not that I necessarily want to be quite that long in future) Definitely signing up for more

Thank you to all for wonderful experience.

• Like 1

(Not that I necessarily want to be quite that long in future)

Next weekend will be shorter mate.!!!! I promise you. Felt a bit bad about it being such a big day.

Hi guys, put a short vid together. The el cheapo camera I used wasn't very good (I wasn't sure if the stick on mount on my adventure bike helmet would hold up so didn't want to risk my better camera) so the quality not all that good and the sound doesn't do justice to the sweet sound the 1290 makes. Also had trouble knowing when I was switching it on and off so missed a lot of the action (I was really hoping I caught Daves BMW doing a pancake brake slide on the down hill corner; still can't believe he rode through it). Hopefully I got some footage of everyone anyway.

• Like 3