Dustys Dissa what a Pissa

ROBKTM

Thanks for the wild card entry Dusty.

Was an excellent bunch of blokes out in the bush today. Good to catch up with some people I haven,t ridden with for quite a while and meet some newbies(to me).

Riles sat me on a mint yzfx, first decent ride on a 4t for also quite some time.

And mate this is one sweet bike let me tell ya.Smooth predictable,tractable does everything a bike should do(except 2t smell)

Good hearted entertainment on some technical pinches with crowd encouragement and help to keep it safe. Packed up and heading home just as the rain settled in.

Hope the aches and pains remind every one of the good day had.

Cheers;Robbo

ps I have some footage Riles but don,t know how to post it (yet):)

• Like 15

What a day!! Arrive at Dissa a little early caught up with some of the boys on Buzz's/Gypsy's ride. Gear up and off we go with Dusty, warming up on some great tracks. This ride got better and better with banter and tracks, we even had a new young bloke "I think his forum name is Flipper" who showed us how to do a mono on open road!!!! Not!:D I met a young bloke named Robbo who could handle himself very well on a dirt bike. His job for the day was looking after the pack and helping the sweep's thanks Robbo. I had a great day out loving my new bike, right up to when I ran the lead rider Dusty over on third gear hill. There's a reason you put a large gap between riders on harder hills and I certainly learn't that yesterday!! I hope you pull up okay Dusty, you put a great ride on right up to when I tried to maim you. Thank's Dusty. Thanks to the sweeps Bayerj and Riles great job. Sorry boys for putting a dampener on the end of the day, a great bunch of blokes.

• Like 16
  • Haha 1

Always look forward to the cruisy level 3 rides. So much can and does happen in a short space of time.

We hit all the usual haunts of what Dissa is about and found some new ups that used to be downs. 

The Sisters were my highlight with the technical climb getting more and more technical. Love the creek runs this week. Not too much water and able to tick along at a reasonable pace.

Third gear hill was  also a highlight in getting up on first attempt and on the pegs was choice.  

Thanks Dusty for the invite and to all the blokes that took up the tail end of the ride. Was good catching up and riding with Robbo again..Been a while since our last  ride.

I was right up behind Hoff when we stopped abruptly on third gear hill. Fortunately making no contact.  We are involved in a dangerous sport. And our close proximity to each other and high speeds does not always leave a lot of room if something out of the blue happens. But happens it does. Fortunately not too often. I also learnt. Keep it safe on the hill climbs and give a bit of space.

• Like 15

Have not felt like posting up as feeling pretty low/dissapointed with myself for pulling out a couple of hours into ride. Thanks very much Dusty for leading, always appreciated and Bayerj for sweeping. Great crew and really good to catch up/ride with you all. I suppose I need to explain my premature departure as I was enjoying the ride and maybe kidding myself but felt that I was riding the presented conditions ok but the last 20 minutes found myself struggling with fatigue. Those that ride with me regularly no my skills lie in 3rd gear and above(pace)that I can do all day but tight 2nd gear tight stuff wears me out pretty quickly and without breaks between this stuff I feel that my riding is no longer safe. So on that note - sorry. Yes Im not the youngest or fittest bastard and have been looking at alternative bikes with an electric start for months but hard to find something that suits a rider with no legs(excuse the pun), I actually meant to ask Matt for a sit/ride on his bike as I believe his bike is lowered?  Im sure the riding later in the day was brilliant, always love doing the big hill climbs.  

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, dazzrmx said:

Have not felt like posting up as feeling pretty low/dissapointed with myself for pulling out a couple of hours into ride. Thanks very much Dusty for leading, always appreciated and Bayerj for sweeping. Great crew and really good to catch up/ride with you all. I suppose I need to explain my premature departure as I was enjoying the ride and maybe kidding myself but felt that I was riding the presented conditions ok but the last 20 minutes found myself struggling with fatigue. Those that ride with me regularly no my skills lie in 3rd gear and above(pace)that I can do all day but tight 2nd gear tight stuff wears me out pretty quickly and without breaks between this stuff I feel that my riding is no longer safe. So on that note - sorry. Yes Im not the youngest or fittest bastard and have been looking at alternative bikes with an electric start for months but hard to find something that suits a rider with no legs(excuse the pun), I actually meant to ask Matt for a sit/ride on his bike as I believe his bike is lowered?  Im sure the riding later in the day was brilliant, always love doing the big hill climbs.  

Cmon Daz. Fire up mate. 

We all know your never going to part with your little zuk but it’s time. Hang it up on the wall, go out and get yourself a Beta x trainer or something with an electric leg. 

Join Honest Tom, Riles and Toys in the senior citizen class and keep riding. It wouldn’t be the same with out you. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Yeh dazz,you struggled another time on a dissa ride. You have three choices-
-keep to open terrain rides
-obtain a more suitable bike (lower,electric start,smooth power,plusher suspension,better handling and stopping power,etc) to use for most rides.
-retire from riding (this is not really an option)
Keep your chin up mate.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sink said:

Cmon Daz. Fire up mate. 

We all know your never going to part with your little zuk but it’s time. Hang it up on the wall, go out and get yourself a Beta x trainer or something with an electric leg. 

Join Honest Tom, Riles and Toys in the senior citizen class and keep riding. It wouldn’t be the same with out you. 

and don't forget about me dazz, i'm in my late fifties and had to bail out early on a couple of rides this year. I now tend to pick my rides a bit more carefully and try to pace myself.

• Like 8

Guess I should probably put up a post in a thread baring my name!

I'll start by saying it was a fantastic day - one I wont forget anytime soon!

Thanks as usual to everyone who came along and made the day what it was - a highly entertaining and very memorable day on great tracks with a great bunch of blokes.... and Cruiser!!

As usual, a big thanks to the sweeps, Bayerj to start with and Riles for the 2nd half (also to Rob C who was ready to go in a vest at the start untill Bayerj stole the show!)

A highlight for me was not only seeing the one and only Hoff back on a bike but also seeing him in his famous fluro zebra suit - its always a pleasure to ride with you mate, its fair to say its never dull!

As anyone who has been a round for a while will know, i either post step up rides or cruisey level 3 rides, yesterday was the cruisey variety and (i thought) it was a near perfect day on the bike.

I had intended on doing pretty much my "normal" loop but based on some advice before the ride from the legendary Buzz and a desire to not drown mine, or any other bikes, i decided not to do a normal creek section which takes us to the bottom of the 1st hamburger. I must admit that it was a tough decision to leave it out because that section is always a highlight for most people (i love seeing the reaction from people who do it for the first time) and I changed my mind 3 or 4 times in the tracks approaching it! In the end I erred on the side of caution which was definitely the right call - it meant that we went up a track that I have been going down for the last 6 or so years and have always said I was going to do in reverse and never have! it didnt start well for me when i had a small step off at the base of the hill and whacked my arm on a log but from that point on I personally thought it was an epic climb - cant believe its taken me all this time to attempt climbing it!

Other than that we covered a pretty standard loop. the conditions made for some challenging climbs at times and for the the first time ever i took advantage of my tubliss rear set up and lowered my pressure to 3-4psi which seemed to work a treat (but did feel weird on the few open trails we covered (note to oneself - the half worn S12 i'm running with several chunked knobs needs replacing... its now officially shit!)

Apologies to all for dialing back the ride from 3rd gear hill back to the cars - unfortunately due to my little off I was feeling a wee bit ginger and the bumps weren't really agreeing with me!

thanks to 99% for taking over at Andersons for those that still wanted a bit more and hitting ladder and through a few more tracks whilst i tucked my tail between my legs and took the road back to the cars.

Also thanks to the one and only Fluro Zebra for your assistance back at the cars, was very much appreciated (and remember mate, shit happens!)

And Finally, thanks for the messages I've had since the ride, I'm a little sore and have some nice yellow/purple patches coming through but all is good - and panadine forte is good stuff!

Cheers

• Like 18