ktm shane

Katmans Gembrook Ride 20th May

There was a bit of talk about rain for this ride as we all know how slippery this place gets in the wet,on the way it was 10 degrees,foggy with light rain and I am thinking is this a good idea after only having a few rides on the bike after a long spell.said to myself toughen up and enjoy it for what ever happens,arrived first in the car park and started gearing up when Katman arrived then followed by others.decided sweep was the best place for me and after a bit of carnage on Anderson’s and bunyip ridge I lead some guys around the long way,we lost a few but  met up on top of Anderson’s and enjoyed some ripper tracks.there were a few little offs but nothing to dramatic until Katman decided to just go off an embankment and in to the scrub not sure what he was thinking but luckily he wasn’t hurt and no damage.was a great day out with guys from dirtriderz,there was some photos ect taken on the day and look forward to seeing and hearing other stories that happened.cheers to Katman for posting and leading and Bassman  for taking over sweep later in the ride so I could have a blast cheers 

• Like 17

Nice write up Shane... Yes, it sure was wet and muddy out there.

This was the first ride back in wet conditions after my broken wrist so I was a little cautious, but having just had my suspension set up made a huge difference and I soon felt comfortable in the conditions. SPMX did a great job, only wished Id done this earlier, would have saved me from a few offs and scary moments!!!

After the end of a nice flowing loop that had some nice little muddy hills which we came across a Pajero followed by a Captiva with road tyres of course!! It actually got up the first hill, lol, wouldn't have got that much further though.

Thanks Katman for posting the ride and Shane for sweeping, it was nice to meet some fellow Mornington-Peninsula peeps on the ride...

Look forward to some pics and video..

Cheers guys.

• Like 6

Thanks for a great day out guys, great bunch of Dirtriderz yesterday, was happy as a pig in sh#t with the conditions.

thanks Shane and Bassman for sweeping and Phill for posting up.

cheers Andy

IMG_2417.JPG

IMG_2420.JPG

IMG_2421.JPG

IMG_2422.JPG

IMG_2423.JPG

IMG_2424.JPG

IMG_2425.JPG

• Like 7

Is andersons covered with gravel in the worst parts still or is it back to it's original state? This track used to be an old favorite of mine and always gave some laughs.

My 1st ever ride with Dirtriderz at 1st time visit Gembrook has left a solid positive impression of this wholesome group. So I'm write a raving review of my awesome experience had.
Being part of a group that operates with good Lead-Sweep-Cornerman-Assisting etiquette is one thing, but riding with such a great bunch of positive, cheerful spirited, helpful individuals that brings the best out of you- is what got me. I'm honoured to be in here and look forward to many more rides among you. I say this with a big fat smile on my face & singing words of praise & appreciation to all the fellas. This group made it all so easy !
Well from a dirtbiker's perspective I've heard horror stories about Gembrook's winter slimefest factor & neverending supply of mud, but thats the reason why this place is so popular among trench diggin 4wds, even like that overdetermined street tyre'd Captiva caught deep in the ruts...wtf were they thinking !?!?....mayb we're conspicuously filmed within the making a wannabe commercial. But the highlights were the awesome scenic views, L3 steep muddy ascends, the little or no control descends, the comradery & the awesome freeflow company made everything worthwhile. I even ended up with 1/2 tank left.
Only downside is my car got rattly during that 40min drive on bumpy unsealed Pack Track to reach Helmet Track parking spot.

Thank you
ouzo

• Like 7

2 hours ago, cluffie said:

Is andersons covered with gravel in the worst parts still or is it back to it's original state? This track used to be an old favorite of mine and always gave some laughs.

It was an absolute bogg, their was only one guy made it to the top, it was thought wiser to go round for the rest of the bunch rather than spend too much energy on one hill.

great track tho Cluffie.

• Like 1

By the sounds of this report. Gembrook is the place to go in the wet.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, cruiser said:

It is but they close the tracks in winter, the 4Bs rip the shit out of it unfortunately 

• Like 1

It is but they close the tracks in winter, the 4Bs rip the shit out of it unfortunately 

They do this at most places
  • Like 1

There are some great challenging hillclimbs there if it's wet. I rode there as a kid but most that stuff is unfortunately shut now.
  • Like 1

Thanks to those that came and made it a good day in the mud.I was bit disappointed we didnt make it up to what i consider to be the better tracks at the other end of Bunyip but it was still good fun.Special thank you too Ktmshane and Bassman for their efforts riding sweep.

• Like 4