1 1
Speedotom

New to dirtriderz

Hello my name is Tom, I have a WR 450f. 

I think I would fit in to the level 2 rider category.

I live in Ballarat and mainly ride Nerrina, Creswick and around white swan area. 

Looking forward to getting out more and doing some organised rides. 

I work full time at Australia Post riding a NBC110. 

My bike is on full reg but I am contemplating getting rec reg… any thoughts on this please.

Cheers

BF4EA33B-DA84-4160-B6AD-6A8D5067A95C.jpeg

0878780B-4045-49DE-A5F2-F6850F3AE6D6.jpeg

Edited by Speedotom
Added some pictures
  • Like 4

welcome to the site - we have planty of active members up around the Ballarat area so familiarise yourself with the rider gradings and keep an eye out for upcoming rides!

As for rec reg v full reg - it comes down to what sort of riding you like to do? If you like a lot of longer more open rides where trips into towns for meals and fuel etc are regular occurrences then stick with the full reg. If however, like a fair portion of us, your bike is only ever trailored to rides and basically never have any reason to go into towns/onto bitumen roads then save the $400 odd dollars a year and just ride rec reg.

Speaking purely of my own circumstances, I only have rec reg as its all I need for 99% of the riding I do. I've been riding again for I guess about 8 or so years and on the very small amount of occasions where I have "ran the gauntlet" I've touch wood been fine. The way I see it (or justify it) is that with the difference in cost of rego and the cost of a fine should I happen to cop one, that even if I was to cop one fine a year (which over the past 4 or 5 years would have been impossible as I haven't ran the gauntlet in that time) I would still come out in front!

Finally, and most importantly - whats the story with/what are the plans for the yellow beast in the back ground?!?!?!

• Like 2

Welcome aboard Tom!  nice looking Monaro in the background mate!

• Like 1

Welcome Tom - it's Joe from Aus Post -  you made it - welcome to the darkside mate LOL!

When your back, at work  - will  hook up with some rides with ya :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 2t4me said:

welcome to the site - we have planty of active members up around the Ballarat area so familiarise yourself with the rider gradings and keep an eye out for upcoming rides!

As for rec reg v full reg - it comes down to what sort of riding you like to do? If you like a lot of longer more open rides where trips into towns for meals and fuel etc are regular occurrences then stick with the full reg. If however, like a fair portion of us, your bike is only ever trailored to rides and basically never have any reason to go into towns/onto bitumen roads then save the $400 odd dollars a year and just ride rec reg.

Speaking purely of my own circumstances, I only have rec reg as its all I need for 99% of the riding I do. I've been riding again for I guess about 8 or so years and on the very small amount of occasions where I have "ran the gauntlet" I've touch wood been fine. The way I see it (or justify it) is that with the difference in cost of rego and the cost of a fine should I happen to cop one, that even if I was to cop one fine a year (which over the past 4 or 5 years would have been impossible as I haven't ran the gauntlet in that time) I would still come out in front!

Finally, and most importantly - whats the story with/what are the plans for the yellow beast in the back ground?!?!?!

Thanks for the info, I think I'll save the $400 and go with the rec reg. 

The Monaro is a long long long time project. I will eventually get around to finishing it or my son will, but it's not going anywhere soon. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Geoffro said:

Welcome aboard Tom!  nice looking Monaro in the background mate!

Thanks geoffro and thanks for getting me signed up. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MOJO said:

Welcome Tom - it's Joe from Aus Post -  you made it - welcome to the darkside mate LOL!

When your back, at work  - will  hook up with some rides with ya :)

Sounds go Joe. Catch up with you later. 

• Like 1

I’m trying to work out witch will be heavier the WR or the MONARO

Welcome to Dirtriderz mate, jump on a ride buddy , don’t worry about me I’m just having a stir

20 hours ago, Pygmygod said:

Hi Tom.

What's being a postie like?

Great job, fairly easy, no stress and good bunch of people to work with.