2 2
TRAILZ

Green Day Wednesday

Had issues with Tapatalk last night and couldn't get finger to text til today...

The good news is the sun shone all day.

The bad news is one of the lads had a break in at his home and couldn't make it, :lock: a purple wiggle Jeff aka centralVIC set his alarm on for Saturday... "wake up Jeff"! :relax-02:And in my excitement of goin riding forgot to bring my armor hhmm:divertenti-03:

The great news is 6 of us got to the meeting point and were able to get on the pegs.

Lead by Trailmaker300 who's been working on his loop for the past 2 years we managed to cover an unbelievable variety of ground (64 klms). And in great time back to the cards by 12:45pm.

As usual the first 20 or so minutes for me were a struggle as I slowly got into a rhythm with the bike and felt comfortable with it....after the first rocky powdery decline I promised myself I'd block out of my mind that I had no armor and just simply concentrate on my riding... I wonder what others do to get warmed up before a ride?

Throughout the day Bear was at most of the corners as he blasted past us with Scottland close by. The rest of us kept it going at a reasonable L2 plus pace.

We had miminal stops and no breakdowns... with a few new machines in action including Scottlands nimble 450 excf and KennyB's 350 excf. Can't believe how lite those bikes are hhmm

TBRider didn't have to enhale that thick crispy air we know as dust lol with the rain we had earlier in the week

A few challenging inclines and some rocky declines made it interesting. With everyone managing to get thru unscathed.

Big thanks to Trailmaker300 for leading and TBRider for sweeping.

I can't wait to do this loop again including the jungle track

Pics and vid to come soon for those of you that couldn't make this one.

TrailZ

• Like 11

Fantastic ride.

With a text to Trailz to see if he's keen for a midweek ride turned into, "yep let's turn it into a forum ride."

Not much arm twisting got Trailmaker300 to lead on a loop that he's been putting together for a while, and a "I wanna do that massive loam hill that we went down, but going up," he was quickly on board.

Great traction next too no dust and the heat down, it was prime conditions.

I swear Greendale was created for dirtbike riders. Paradise Track, Loamy Ridge Track. It is truly dirt bike heaven. Given todays and the next few days of rain if we went back out there we would probably consider it dirt bike hell.

I think Scotland summed up the ride well. He stopped in one of the epic gully's we were in and said, "this is awesome." Yes Scotland...yes it was. Back at work today thinking all day about yesterday. I think a few more midweek rides need to be penciled in.

Thanks fellas for another sensational ride.

• Like 9

What an awesome day.

For me it doesn’t get any better than yesterday.

Awesome bunch of blokes, perfect conditions, and a lead rider that both put on an amazing loop and kept us all flowing nicely.

Thanks to Bear too for his track clearing to get us around a fallen tree.

Jungle track is possibly Victoria coolest track, loved it!

Thanks for having me along. You blokes are great to ride with.

It was very reminiscent of some of @Marko_FE250, @kmatts55 And @fabs rides for me. Well done @Trailmaker300!

Also, I must comment on how well some of you guys have improved. A big difference and obviously a lot of riding been done over 12 months.

When are we going again?

• Like 10

A variety of tracks:

The fourth pic was at the top of a steep off camber climb. We had a lil bit of a laugh comparing lines we took and some excitement from me hhmm wooohoo. I chose to go right to keep my momentum going then back up the middle with TBRider behind me... there he is in the fifth pic coming up.

The others chose to go left with their 350's and 450's and of course Bear with his 250 (who could probably take his ride anywhere)  lol

That climb for me personally was a great challenge... don't know the name of that track - but sure was glad someone put it there hahaha

*****Looking back on Wednesday it makes me think about how lucky we are to ride in the magnificent forests here in Victoria******

GOPR1511.JPG

GOPR1512.JPG

GOPR1513.JPG

GOPR1514.JPG

GOPR1515.JPG

GOPR1507.JPG

GOPR1506.JPG

• Like 9

Excellent work lads, good to see you all making the most of it. Great pics and report

• Haha 1

On 5/11/2018 at 9:44 PM, kmatts55 said:

Excellent work lads, good to see you all making the most of it. Great pics and report

Yeh we sure did mate

Finally able to log back in, thanks to trailmaker for the lead, awesome loop mate!
Thanks also to tbrider for tailing all day, sorry if I held you up.
Thanks to trailz for organising a ride that for once coincided with a day off work/football/chores.
And bear thanks for the on track tips and suspension adjustments, my bike felt heaps better with a couple of clicks here and there.

Was a great day out but with lacking bike fitness I was glad to see the car park at the end of it all. Can't wait to go again!

• Like 6

A snippet of the day...

Had a crap start going down a powdery hill (think i mighta spotted a $1 coin...) til I got my mojo lol

How does everyone else warm up before a ride?

Great skill from trailmaker300, Bear and Scottland getting up a tricky hill

With help from KennyB and TBRider - what comradery on the forum is all about!

• Like 7

Watching @Scottland and @Bear cruise up a challenging hill...

• Like 3

5 hours ago, TRAILZ said:

Watching @Scottland and @Bear cruise up a challenging hill...

Yeah .... gotta be honest ... the 450 and new tyres is like cheating on hills like that!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Scottland said:

Yeah .... gotta be honest ... the 450 and new tyres is like cheating on hills like that!

And TC? KennyB was enjoying the TC on the 350.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TBRider said:

It all helps

• Like 1

It’s good to see there are people out there buying new tyres,lol
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

A faster track with a few obstacles, some off camber and a lil hill

Enjoy!

• Like 3

I've got it there so I might as well use it ;-)
  • Like 1

Looks like a fun day :) 

Vince give the hill at 4.54 in your first vid a crack!  My avatar pic is in that creek in front of the hill when it had wet stuff in it a few years ago 

• Thanks 1

I felt a few twigs slappin against my nipples in between the overgrown greenery without armor on.... as Bear zipped past me lol

Mighty fine morning as we circled like Apache Indians around a few blokes chopping logs hahaha

• Like 1

A variety of terrain that I hadn't ridden thru before...

• Like 1

Aaargh terrain with more overgrown branches slapping up against my chest n nips (shouldn't of forgotten my armor) hhmm 

• Like 1

A juicy rutted out track with yup you guessed it... more nipple cripples hahaha

Oh and one soft powdery hill that took me 2 attempts to get up. I shoulda hit it faster hhmm

• Like 1

Vince, 3 places your bike gear should be. Washing machine, clothes line or gear bag.

• Like 1