Hi Guys,

I just cleaned my air filter, the bike has been sitting for about 4 months, but I noticed engine oil on the bottom of the airbox. It is only inside the filter area.

I was wondering if anyone was able to tell me if this is normal, I have only noticed it now.

It's a 2016 Husky FE501 with about 3000kms, I don't know if its normal or perhaps the engine is wearing/ valves or something.

Its not foam filter oil, definitely engine oil

thanks in advance

Hi Guys,

I just cleaned my air filter, the bike has been sitting for about 4 months, but I noticed engine oil on the bottom of the airbox. It is only inside the filter area.

I was wondering if anyone was able to tell me if this is normal, I have only noticed it now.

It's a 2016 Husky FE501 with about 3000kms, I don't know if its normal or perhaps the engine is wearing/ valves or something.

Its not foam filter oil, definitely engine oil

thanks in advance

If the bikes been sitting for a fair while like you say filter oil will drain out the bottom of the filter into the bottom of the air box.Just check your engine oil it should be fine..you will need to squeeze some more oil through your filter before your next ride too.

• Like 2

I just accidentally over oiled my air filter. It will now stop for many days, maybe weeks till I use it. If it's a different colour to your air filter oil, it could be dirt mixing with the air filter oil

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

hi,

too much oil in the oil the engine, if you use stick, there maybe diffrent methods to check your oil level, for example yamh.90cc got this stick installed onto the cap, to check oil don't screw this back to the case, just deep it, I used to miss read my oil in there always oil in the air filter. not anymore

T